Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What is the issue over paid maternity leave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Gotta love moms who stay home and look after their own kids. Doing what God made them to do!
    And not campaigning to make others pay for their own choices!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Gotta love moms who stay home and look after their own kids. Doing what God made them to do!
      Does that term of endearment extend to stay-at-home mothers on welfare?

Or is it only to be extended to women who choose to stay at home because their partners earn enough for them to be able to do so?
      "It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        You are just showing your ignorance again. But I am not surprised at your lack of understanding.
        I am not surprised at your GI concerning the socio-political and religious situation that prevailed among many Jews [particularly the peasantry] in the region in the first century either.

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        No, we already follow Jesus. Maybe you? Have you sold everything and given it to the poor yet? Why not?
        I do not profess Christianity.

I have no idea what you are referring to, and why would I address it?
        Clearly you did not read all of my earlier reply to you where I quoted those sections from the link Mountain Man provided, otherwise you would not have written that sentence.

Where did Jesus say steal money from someone else and give that money to the poor?
        If you consider paying your taxes is the administration stealing from you, why do you pay those taxes? Or, at least adopt Henry Thoreau's position, and refuse to pay taxes for those things of which you do not approve?

You would risk jail but you would also demonstrate that you had the courage of your convictions.
        "It ain't necessarily so
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

"Paying Tax" is very binary. You either pay the taxes or you don't. We can't pick and choose what our taxes pay for, other than by voting out the leftist morons who believe they know better about spending our money than we do.
          Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

And not campaigning to make others pay for their own choices!
          Did you refuse to pay your taxes when the USA invaded Afghanistan, a military decision that you opposed?

Or did the risk of jail not appeal to you?
          "It ain't necessarily so
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
            Did you refuse to pay your taxes when the USA invaded Afghanistan, a military decision that you opposed?
            I have NEVER "refused to pay taxes", you crazy old DITZ!

Or did the risk of jail not appeal to you?
            I'm sure, in your big empty bimbo head, that questions somehow makes sense.

You have absolutely NO clue how our tax system works, or our welfare system, or our legal system or our free enterprise system works, so you have to resort to this kind of childish birdbrained stupidity.

Grow up.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

In many cases, there is a legitimate reason for them to be needing public assistance, so, yes.

Or is it only to be extended to women who choose to stay at home because their partners earn enough for them to be able to do so?
              Ah, so women are frail and feeble, and must depend on a partner to support them! How very misogynistic of you!

Comment

By the way, there are plenty of stay-at-home mothers NOT on welfare, who have planned their lives in such a way that they don't need to demand others pay for their childcare.

How bout you stop your routine long enough to deal with the facts?

This whole "force small business owners to pay people to stay home because they're pregnant" thread is as big a blunder as your goofy "Texas Bounty Hunter" thread.

Comment

In many cases, there is a legitimate reason for them to be needing public assistance, so, yes.
                  I wonder if mossrose will agree with you.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Ah, so women are frail and feeble, and must depend on a partner to support them! How very misogynistic of you!
                  it was mossrose who wrote that "Gotta love moms who stay home and look after their own kids. Doing what God made them to do!" Perhaps you should address remarks about misogyny to her
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

It refers to all moms who choose to stay at home and raise their own children, jenny.

Try reading.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I wonder if mossrose will agree with you.
                      How very stupid -- we are two different people who love each other and don't have to agree on everything to be friends.

it was mossrose who wrote that "Gotta love moms who stay home and look after their own kids. Doing what God made them to do!" Perhaps you should address remarks about misogyny to her
                      Perhaps you should stop being such an insolent busybody and hypocrite. You are constantly referring to third parties here, commenting on what "they" said without addressing them directly.

If you have something to say to me, say it to ME, like I do to you. Stop being such a cranky old cowardly gossip.

Comment

By the way, there are plenty of stay-at-home mothers NOT on welfare, who have planned their lives in such a way that they don't need to demand others pay for their childcare.
                        Who has disputed that fact?

However, for less affluent women and their partners such financial provisions may not be possible.

Although Sparko did seem to be suggesting a eugenics policy where only those who are financially stable, and do not require any state support, should breed.
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

How very stupid -- we are two different people who love each other and don't have to agree on everything to be friends.

Perhaps you should stop being such an insolent busybody and hypocrite. You are constantly referring to third parties here, commenting on what "they" said without addressing them directly.

If you have something to say to me, say it to ME, like I do to you. Stop being such a cranky old cowardly gossip.
                          You replied to my post to her.
                          "It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

You replied to my post to her.
                            As is my right. Deal with it.

Comment

I have NEVER "refused to pay taxes", you crazy old DITZ!
                              Why not if you have been so opposed to your government's military venture in Afghanistan?

Many people have gone to jail for their convictions. Why not did you not "Dare to be a Daniel"?

"It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Who has disputed that fact?

However, for less affluent women and their partners such financial provisions may not be possible.

Although Sparko did seem to be suggesting a eugenics policy where only those who are financially stable, and do not require any state support, should breed.
                                You're like the creepy little guy in a bar who's always trying to get other people to fight. And quite the busybody at that.

And if a woman and her partner don't have the means to support a child, they should not produce one. (This is where it's obvious that "Planned Parenthood" is anything but what its name suggests)

You really are bad at this.

Comment