Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What is the issue over paid maternity leave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Legal abortions are not eugenics. A eugenics programme is a practice aimed at controlling reproduction in order to “improve” the characteristics of human populations.

Your suggestion was premised on the improvement that only those financially able to rear children without recourse to the state for any financial assistance should breed. That is a eugenics policy
    And yet, mostly poor and black women who cannot afford to raise children have abortions and that is actually an argument that Planned Parenthood and other Abortionists use to justify abortion: that it alleviates suffering a child and mother would have to go through because she cannot afford to raise a child. In fact they want to make abortions free so more poor and people of color can have them. The result is that fewer black and poor children are born which according to you is "Eugenics" - after all that is the argument you were using for me claiming someone should not get pregnant if they can't afford a child.

The single most common reason women cite for wanting an abortion is because they cannot afford to raise a child, Foster said.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN1F731Z

I am sorry if your own argument came back to bite you on your overly inflated backside. But maybe you should consider the repercussions of your own arguments before making them.
    Last edited by Sparko; 01-10-2022, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Taking her ball and running away from her own thread.
      again
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Well, just like the Texas Bounty Hunter thread, this one was dumber than a box of rocks, so it's not surprising that you'd abandon it like a box of kittens on the side of the road.

You were all over the map --- from demanding that small business owners take money from their own pockets to pay people not to work.

(Albeit, you were too ignorant to know that the vast majority of employers were small business owners, and this is what they would have to do. In FACT, even after having this explained to you, you came to a point where you claimed you didn't bring "small businesses" into this - though this had become a very important part of the discussion by myself and others which you totally ignored.)

You were obviously totally unaware of how paychecks, withholding, taxation -- just about EVERY aspect of finance related to this -- actually works.

You found a PERCEIVED problem, and eventually argued yourself into an entire new federal government agency to try to address it.

In order to solve a problem, you have to...
        A) understand the problem
        2) understand related systems
        C) understand the implications - including (perhaps especially) the unintended consequences
        4) propose solutions that are not magnitudes greater than the PERCEIVED problem...

Better luck on your next disaster.

But, hey, you got some amens from the ultra-left!
        One final note. I repeat I see no reason to yet again go over what I have already written.

I have made my points quite coherently on several times.

That some you do not agree with me and wish to continue what is now descending into a playground slanging match can continue to "beef" about me to your hearts' content.

Have fun.
        "It ain't necessarily so
        The things that you're liable
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life
        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

And yet, mostly poor and black women who cannot afford to raise children have abortions and that is actually an argument that Planned Parenthood and other Abortionists use to justify abortion: that it alleviates suffering a child and mother would have to go through because she cannot afford to raise a child. In fact they want to make abortions free so more poor and people of color can have them. The result is that fewer black and poor children are born which according to you is "Eugenics" - after all that is the argument you were using for me claiming someone should not get pregnant if they can't afford a child.

The single most common reason women cite for wanting an abortion is because they cannot afford to raise a child, Foster said.
          https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN1F731Z

I am sorry if your own argument came back to bite you on your overly inflated backside. But maybe you should consider the repercussions of your own arguments before making them.
          That PP builds their centers in areas where blacks are the majority is obviously a coincidence.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

One final note. I repeat I see no reason to yet again go over what I have already written.

That some you do not agree with me and wish to continue what is now descending into a playground slanging match can continue to "beef" about me to your hearts' content.

Have fun.
            Do you want to be referred to as "Brave Sir Hypatia" or would you prefer "Brave Lady Hypatia"? smiley snicker.gif

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

EGGzackly - much wiser to admit you were wrong and go on to something else.

You have repeatedly coherently said some really really dumb things.

Have fun.
              I have destroyed your dumb points with actual fact and reason. That you wish to pretend you were valiant and victorious as you hastily retreat is comical.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Have fun

Now that you have defeated my idiotic claims, I have no coherent response but I also don't want to admit I was wrong, so I will just run away from my own thread, while pretending I won the debate!
                There, FIFY.

Comment

• Ran across this today...

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Do you want to be referred to as "Brave Sir Hypatia" or would you prefer "Brave Lady Hypatia"? smiley snicker.gif
                    Or some other personal pronoun?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Ran across this today...
                      Good grief. Have you no sense of decency or compassion? That is a photograph of refugees.
                      "It ain't necessarily so
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Good grief. Have you no sense of decency or compassion? That is a photograph of refugees.
                        "One last last last last last last last last thing!"

Comment

The post made by @rogu06 should incense anyone with an iota of human decency and compassion.

"It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

The post made by @rogu06 should incense anyone with an iota of human decency and compassion.
                            One more last last last last last last thing.

Comment

And then I shall be concluding my sermon, but first let me say....

Comment

Perhaps you can start a campaign to cancel him.

Comment