Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

NY District Attorney is Above the Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY District Attorney is Above the Law

https://www.whec.com/local/rule-of-l...pleads-guilty/

She apologized profusely afterwards - that is, after bodycam footage showed what an elitist creep she is. No bodycam footage, no apology. She wants to keep her job after showing her contempt for the little people. I wouldn't want her as my DA.

There seems to be some confusion about her political affiliations. It doesn't really matter whether she's a D or an R, I think she needs to resign and flip hamburgers for a while. She needs to get some proportion.

She has nothing to worry about. It's New York, where thugs walk free for doing far worse than speeding and failing to stop for an officer.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

She apologized profusely afterwards - that is, after bodycam footage showed what an elitist creep she is. No bodycam footage, no apology. She wants to keep her job after showing her contempt for the little people. I wouldn't want her as my DA.

There seems to be some confusion about her political affiliations. It doesn't really matter whether she's a D or an R, I think she needs to resign and flip hamburgers for a while. She needs to get some proportion.
      A case could be made for the need to have her name changed to Karen.
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

It seems to exemplify Acton's aphorism that power tends to corrupt.

In 2014 Private Eye reported on a case in the UK where a Conservative Chief Whip had an altercation with a police officer outside Westminster and called the officer a "pleb". That led to a libel case that the Tory lost.
        Last edited by Hypatia_Alexandria; 05-01-2024, 06:34 AM.
        "It ain't necessarily so
        The things that you're liable
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life
        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

It seems to exemplify Acton's aphorism that power tends to corrupt.

In 2014 Private Eye reported on a case in the UK where a Conservative Chief Whip had an altercation with a police officer outside Westminster and called the officer a "pleb". That led to a libel case that the Tory lost.
          I can understand it happening, and wouldn't be at all surprised if I felt the same inclination she did. She is an administrator and isn't used to taking orders from subordinates. But she needed to reel back and remember she is a public servant, and being agitated and taking it out on others is a sure sign of haughtiness.

Comment

I can understand it happening, and wouldn't be at all surprised if I felt the same inclination she did. She is an administrator and isn't used to taking orders from subordinates. But she needed to reel back and remember she is a public servant, and being agitated and taking it out on others is a sure sign of haughtiness.
            We know that some individuals once they are in a position of authority/power become incredibly arrogant and consider themselves above the law. The Chief Whip was also a public servant as an elected MP.

ETA
            Something similar to Ms Dooley's attitude was an incident on one of those police chase programmes that were popular years ago.

It was filmed in Britain and the motorway - can't remember the US equivalent - was gridlocked and one driver decided to use the emergency lane as his personal fast lane. He was apprehended by the police a few kilometres later and when challenged and told he would be booked protested "But I am a chartered accountant"!
            Last edited by Hypatia_Alexandria; 05-01-2024, 07:12 AM.
            "It ain't necessarily so
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Her apology didn't seem very sincere. Just gave a lot of excuses about the bad day she had. And only AFTER she found out about the camera footage.

Comment

She claims that her job somehow made her speed so for everyone's sake she needs to step down or be removed if she won't.

According to wiki she was "originally elected as a Democrat, she became a Republican in 2015." Either way, this pompous snot is not above the law (which she reminds the officer that she knows better than he does so there is no excuse) and needs to go.

Or maybe she should demand amnesty and not have to face any consequences for her actions.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

We know that some individuals once they are in a position of authority/power become incredibly arrogant and consider themselves above the law. The Chief Whip was also a public servant as an elected MP.

ETA
                  Something similar to Ms Dooley's attitude was an incident on one of those police chase programmes that were popular years ago.

It was filmed in Britain and the motorway - can't remember the US equivalent - was gridlocked and one driver decided to use the emergency lane as his personal fast lane. He was apprehended by the police a few kilometres later and when challenged and told he would be booked protested "But I am a chartered accountant"!
                  Or those who when they get stopped by the police and haughtily demand "do you know who I am?" and then try to bluff and bluster their way through. A couple years ago there was a congressional candidate who did this in Florida during a traffic stop where he even threatened the officer with having her fired if she gave him a ticket. The video went viral. IIRC, he got something like 15% of the vote. Apparently the voters discovered who he was and didn't like it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Or those who when they get stopped by the police and haughtily demand "do you know who I am?" and then try to bluff and bluster their way through. A couple years ago there was a congressional candidate who did this in Florida during a traffic stop where he even threatened the officer with having her fired if she gave him a ticket. The video went viral. IIRC, he got something like 15% of the vote. Apparently the voters discovered who he was and didn't like it.
                    That puts me in mind of an English humorous anecdote with various different scenarios that while very possibly not originally veracious is still funny.

A group of Bullingdon Club1 louts are arrested by the police for smashing up a restaurant. One of them haughtily asks the officer arresting him, "Do you know who my father is"? To which the officer replies. *You will have to ask your mother about that Sir".

1 From here: https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/19...cking-moments/

The Bullingdon Club isan all-male dining club associated with Oxford University and known for its posh, super-rich members and their notoriously bad behaviour, including trashing restaurants and student rooms.

Former high-flying members include PM Boris Johnson, former PM David Cameron and former Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne.

"It ain't necessarily so
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      She claims that her job somehow made her speed so for everyone's sake she needs to step down or be removed if she won't.

According to wiki she was "originally elected ..:
                      I doubt she'll be re-elected.
                      Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                      MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

She happens to be the DA for my county. I agree her chances for being reelected are really low. A couple days after the video came, the local paper came out with a hit piece on her. I think people have been waiting for an opportunity to attack her and she just handed them a reason.

As a DA, I find her decent. Given the electorate in this area, I'm worried this has opened up an opportunity for a progressive DA to get elected.
                        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment