Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Delta variant and all future global variant surges (all are free post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Thank you!

I am looking into this. It looks like there is some evidence this is a hoax or fake, and it will take time to see what comes of it. It appears to have been scrubbed by google as disinformation. I see at least one reference saying there is no record of him having graduated from Yale. At face value, it IS something to be concerned about. So my retraction is genuine and stands. But it may be 'too good to be true' from a big pharma conspiracy point of view. Let's see where it goes.
    The only "hoax" claim I'm seeing is some arguing that the guy was a plant by Pfizer to feed PV misinformation to make them look bad, which just shows the desperation they have to resort to.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

The only "hoax" claim I'm seeing is some arguing that the guy was a plant by Pfizer to feed PV misinformation to make them look bad, which just shows the desperation they have to resort to.
      That is not what I'm seeing. But then again, there isn't much out there yet. If it's legit, it's a problem (not just because this fellow is likely now looking for a job). But he'd have to be a total idiot to be talking about something like that in that way in public, let alone to someone he knew was some sort of reporter. Grant you, not that some people are not that stupid. I would think something like this would have come out through some sort of whistleblower mechanism, or a quiet feeding of information to a legit news source. Again, at this point I'm of a mind to keep tabs on it for a few days or weeks and see where it ends up.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Thank you!

I am looking into this. It looks like there is some evidence this is a hoax or fake, and it will take time to see what comes of it. It appears to have been scrubbed by google as disinformation. I see at least one reference saying there is no record of him having graduated from Yale. At face value, it IS something to be concerned about. So my retraction is genuine and stands. But it may be 'too good to be true' from a big pharma conspiracy point of view. Let's see where it goes.
        It being scrubbed by information gatekeepers like Google is of zero consequence. Surely you've been keeping up with the news about how our government has been colluding with social media giants to suppress free speech with no regard for the truth.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

It being scrubbed by information gatekeepers like Google is of zero consequence. Surely you've been keeping up with the news about how our government has been colluding with social media giants to suppress free speech with no regard for the truth.
          Actually, most of what you are talking about is with respect to reducing the amount of disinformation on the web, and so it is, in fact, with a high regard to what is the truth. Nevertheless, doing so potentially runs afoul of the 1st amendment.

Google scrubbing it as misinformation usually means there is some evidence it is in fact misinformation. What I've seen to that end is that this particular person is not in fact a Yale graduate, and in fact has been involved in other hoaxes, and is in fact on a federal watch list. But, who knows, that could be misinformation too. These things tend to settle out over time. If it's legit, it will become clear soon enough, likewise if it is not. I hope it is not legit, primarily because we need the people involved in producing medicines and vaccines to be at LEAST in compliance with the law, but in fact we need them to be acting in the best interests of mankind.

Either way, it is an accusation that can't be ignored.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

That is not what I'm seeing. But then again, there isn't much out there yet. If it's legit, it's a problem (not just because this fellow is likely now looking for a job). But he'd have to be a total idiot to be talking about something like that in that way in public, let alone to someone he knew was some sort of reporter. Grant you, not that some people are not that stupid. I would think something like this would have come out through some sort of whistleblower mechanism, or a quiet feeding of information to a legit news source. Again, at this point I'm of a mind to keep tabs on it for a few days or weeks and see where it ends up.
            I can see why the covid cult would desperately want this to not be true, and they would go to great lengths to try and convince others as well as themselves that it's not true. I'm guessing MSM "fact checkers" will naturally go the ad hom route and attack PV and their credibility, that is if they don't just ignore it entirely, though that's often hard to do now when you've got Musk running social media.

From what I understand, PV often uses honeytraps (whether straight or gay). You get a drink or two into a dude who's under the impression he might be on a hook-up date, he's going to admit all sorts of stuff, and scientists aren't immune to that.

Comment

I never pushed a "conspiracy agenda." Keeping a hospital financially afloat with government funds during a pandemic I can see that as being interpreted as a moral imperative, not necessarily a conspiracy.
              It is heart and soul and front and center of the conspiracy theory that there is a nation wide conspiracy to inflate the Covid-19 fatalities by hospitals for financial gain. There is no evidence to support this hysterical conspiracy.

Yes on the factual basis of your posts you are pushing this conspiracy theory. Your accusations of the existence of a 'Covid cult' reinforces this beyond doubt.
              Last edited by shunyadragon; 01-26-2023, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

It is heart and soul and front and center of the conspiracy theory that there is a nation wide conspiracy to inflate the Covid-19 fatalities by hospitals for financial gain. There is no evidence to support this hysterical conspiracy.

Yes on the factual basis of your posts you are pushing this conspiracy theory.
                Like I told Ox, I don't assume greed or nefarious behavior was necessarily the sole reason for overcounting. That would be a strawman. The Fed was printing trillions of dollars willy-nilly and government was throwing that money around like it was nothing. All these government programs were rushed forth with careless abandon and so you hear countless cases now of people that exploited that situation for millions of dollars out of greed, and so it would be unrealistic to imagine hospital staff was impervious to that reality.

But I also imagine covid hit at least some hospitals pretty hard budget-wise, and I accept the idea that most medical staff are good decent folks and that when government threw them a lifesaver, in most cases, exploiting that was the only way hospitals could stay above water, thus it became a moral imperative. And then there are things like confirmation bias -- medical staff being so inundated with covid hysteria 24/7 like the rest of us, everything to them looked like a covid related death. Though I think the latter's probably less of a driving factor than the former.

Comment

Like I told Ox, I don't assume greed or nefarious behavior was necessarily the sole reason for overcounting. That would be a strawman. The Fed was printing trillions of dollars willy-nilly and government was throwing that money around like it was nothing. All these government programs were rushed forth with careless abandon and so you hear countless cases now of people that exploited that situation for millions of dollars out of greed, and so it would be unrealistic to imagine hospital staff was impervious to that reality.

But I also imagine covid hit at least some hospitals pretty hard budget-wise, and I accept the idea that most medical staff are good decent folks and that when government threw them a lifesaver, in most cases, exploiting that was the only way hospitals could stay above water, thus it became a moral imperative. And then there are things like confirmation bias -- medical staff being so inundated with covid hysteria 24/7 like the rest of us, everything to them looked like a covid related death. Though I think the latter's probably less of a driving factor than the former.
                  Nothing above changes anything. In fact it reinforces your Covid cult conspiracy agenda. Not the bold above,

There never has been any agenda of hospitals 'trying to stay above water' using over counting of Covid-19 fatalities. There was no such 'moral imperative.'

No, from the perspective of the doctors and issuing death certificates there is no such thing as 'everything looked like a covid related death.'

It is also documented that early in the pandemic the count was undercounted, because some if not many cases were not recognized or trsted for Covid-19

I have worked in hospitals as a National Registry Paramedic in the past and during the pandemic. I still work in an assisted living and dementia care facility as a Med Tech supervisor, and when one patient died he was tested positive for Covid-19, but this was NOT listed as the primary cause of death, because the symptoms at the time of death did not indicate he died of Covid-19. Do you have any medical experience to justify your accusations?
                  Last edited by shunyadragon; 01-26-2023, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Nothing above changes anything. In fact it reinforces your Covid cult conspiracy agenda. Not the bold above,

There never has been any agenda of hospitals 'trying to stay above water' using over counting of Covid-19 fatalities. There was no such 'moral imperative.'

No, from the perspective of the doctors and issuing death certificates there is no such thing as 'everything looked like a covid related death.'

It is also documented that early in the pandemic the count was undercounted, because some if not many cases were not recognized or trsted for Covid-19

I have worked in hospitals as a National Registry Paramedic in the past and during the pandemic. I still work in an assisted living and dementia care facility as a Med Tech supervisor, and when on patient died he was previously tested positive for Covid-19, but this was NOT listed as the primary cause of death. Do you have any medical experience to justify your accusations?

In conclusion, the above post just reinforces you 'Covid cult conspiracy agenda.'
                    No, I don't have any experience in the medical field and I already admitted that previously. Wen does though; she's an expert, in fact, more of an expert than anyone on this board I'm sure.

And there is no "documented" cases of undercounts. It's based on a theory that uses the phenomena of excess deaths for support. The problem is, excess deaths are still occuring.

But even assuming undercounts were occurring, the only open window you really have where undercounting may have been conceivable is in the first few months of the pandemic. Once it gained national attention, especially when federal government enacted surveillance and implemented policies towards it, undercounts diminish in probability. But how many undercounts could there have been in that narrow window? I'm guessing not many unless you assume the virus was already widespread undetected in the US long before 2020.

Comment

No, I don't have any experience in the medical field and I already admitted that previously. Wen does though; she's an expert, in fact, more of an expert than anyone on this board I'm sure.

And there is no "documented" cases of undercounts. It's based on a theory that uses the phenomena of excess deaths for support. The problem is, excess deaths are still occuring.

But even assuming undercounts were occurring, the only open window you really have where undercounting may have been conceivable is in the first few months of the pandemic. Once it gained national attention, especially when federal government enacted surveillance and implemented policies towards it, undercounts diminish in probability. But how many undercounts could there have been in that narrow window? I'm guessing not many unless you assume the virus was already widespread undetected in the US long before 2020.
                      Anchoring your argument on only one reference from 'Wen,' which I sincerely believe you and others are clearly overstaing the conclusions of article, which DID NOT even touch the accusation of overcounts through the course of the pandemic. She only dealt with specific cases. Your accusations of overcounting go beyond the subject of Wen's article.

As I previous bolded your remarks that document your 'Covid Cult conspiracy agenda.'

Comment

There was a study very early on aboard a cruise ship that proved that the China flu was far less deadly than death merchants like Fauci the Fraud were telling us. Of course the study was almost entirely ignored because it didn't fit the Washington DC agenda, which was to get President Trump out of office at any cost.
                        As I recall, about 2% of the passengers on the Diamond Princess who were infected with covid-19 died. Fauci said the CFR was probably around 1%, or ten times deadlier than the flu. (This was when the WHO was estimating 2%.)

At the time, Fauci's was a pretty good estimate. Later, as doctors got better at treating it, and effective medicines became available, the CFR went down.

Comment

Actually, most of what you are talking about is with respect to reducing the amount of disinformation on the web, and so it is, in fact, with a high regard to what is the truth. Nevertheless, doing so potentially runs afoul of the 1st amendment.

Google scrubbing it as misinformation usually means there is some evidence it is in fact misinformation. What I've seen to that end is that this particular person is not in fact a Yale graduate, and in fact has been involved in other hoaxes, and is in fact on a federal watch list. But, who knows, that could be misinformation too. These things tend to settle out over time. If it's legit, it will become clear soon enough, likewise if it is not. I hope it is not legit, primarily because we need the people involved in producing medicines and vaccines to be at LEAST in compliance with the law, but in fact we need them to be acting in the best interests of mankind.

Either way, it is an accusation that can't be ignored.
                          Google scrubbing information means that it goes against their well publicized political agenda.

But honestly, this is the usual pattern for any Project Veritas undercover report: Liberals immediately dismiss and suppress it as misinformation, and then we later learn that "Oh, wait, I guess it was true after all," but by that time, the low-information crowd has already moved on, and the only thing they remember is "Project Veritas promotes misinformation!"
                          Last edited by Mountain Man; 01-26-2023, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Google scrubbing information means that it goes against their well publicized political agenda.
                            I can't see how that fits into that ... excepting I know you think the medical science around Covid is somehow entangled into liberal politics ...

But honestly, this is the usual pattern for any Project Veritas undercover report: Liberals immediately dismiss and suppress as misinformation, and then we later learn that "Oh, wait, I guess it was true after all," but by that time, the low-information crowd has already moved on, and the only thing they remember is "Project Veritas promotes misinformation!"
                            I'm not making a judgement on it. What it really is will come out. If Pfizer is doing what he says they are doing, all media outlets will carry it. The idea the 'MSM' would suppress something like this if it was legit is ridiculous, so I am quite confident it will make headlines if this fellow is who he says he is, or Pfizer is doing what he says they are doing. Indeed, if Pfizer is doing what he says they are doing, there are a whole slew of Republican Congressmen that will have their heads over it.

Comment

I can't see how that fits into that ... excepting I know you think the medical science around Covid is somehow entangled into liberal politics ...

I'm not making a judgement on it. What it really is will come out. If Pfizer is doing what he says they are doing, all media outlets will carry it. The idea the 'MSM' would suppress something like this if it was legit is ridiculous, so I am quite confident it will make headlines if this fellow is who he says he is, or Pfizer is doing what he says they are doing. Indeed, if Pfizer is doing what he says they are doing, there are a whole slew of Republican Congressmen that will have their heads over it.
                              That is just absolutely and demonstrably not true. That's outright delusional in fact, and I feel sorry for you if really believe that.

Comment

I'm not sure if you're native, or unreasonably optimistic. I think if you actually knew just how much social media and the mainstream news is filtering and suppressing information, you would be genuinely shocked.

Comment