Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Delta variant and all future global variant surges (all are free post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    This is just... wow...

Project Veritas goes undercover and finds another top-level Pfizer Research and Development executive admitting the company is mutating COVID viruses to create vaccines. Instead of calling it “gain of function” research, which is illegal, they are calling it “directed evolution.” This is very disturbing.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...eate-vaccines/
    Good grief - you'll swallow anything. MM, the problem here is you are willing to believe anything that supports your paranoid view of the world. I had an uncle like that. All into this Rockefeller's want to rule the world, mixed in with a good bit of white supremacy and other things, not to say that you are like him in that specific respect - but the basic underlying problem is the same. One day we were talking with him telling him what it was like to see the Space Shuttle land. He said - you've actually seen it land?!?! In his mind and the minds of those driving and feeding his paranoia it was all a hoax, this idea of space travel and so forth. But he also knew me and knew I would not lie to him.

I don't know how to break through that mentality - but it's an epidemic on this website. The bottom line is you gotta be able to recognize that when the information you are focusing on is always and only about conspiracies and some nebulous 'they' that is out to get you, you are in trouble.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Good grief - you'll swallow anything. MM, the problem here is you are willing to believe anything that supports your paranoid view of the world. I had an uncle like that. All into this Rockefeller's want to rule the world, mixed in with a good bit of white supremacy and other things, not to say that you are like him in that specific respect - but the basic underlying problem is the same. One day we were talking with him telling him what it was like to see the Space Shuttle land. He said - you've actually seen it land?!?! In his mind and the minds of those driving and feeding his paranoia it was all a hoax, this idea of space travel and so forth. But he also knew me and knew I would not lie to him.

I don't know how to break through that mentality - but it's an epidemic on this website. The bottom line is you gotta be able to recognize that when the information you are focusing on is always and only about conspiracies and some nebulous 'they' that is out to get you, you are in trouble.
      You seem to have fallen into the habit lately of thinking that the ad hominem fallacy is a valid counterargument.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

You seem to have fallen into the habit lately of thinking that the ad hominem fallacy is a valid counterargument.
        Nah - just noting the dynamic that keeps you in the dark. You think it is an attack on you because you instinctively know it is wrong to be that way, yet you are incapable of correcting it in yourself.

I mean, if you were making efforts to correct it, that would be one thing. But this isn't just a matter of you making mistakes. It's a way of thinking that has you locked into the deception. Glenn Morton actually described the phenomenon wrt Young Earth Creationism. It occurs anytime we are willing to accept an ideologically based conclusion over what the evidence implies. We can't handle the dissonance, so we either abandon or modify the ideology, or we stop listening to, or start attacking, the evidence.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

So are you saying the guy in the video isn't who he says he is? Where's your proof of that? The fact you dismiss it without proof bolsters the argument that Pfizer is pure evil and the only way you can counter that is to dismiss it with ad hom attacks and no evidence.

Comment

Nah - just noting the dynamic that keeps you in the dark. You think it is an attack on you because you instinctively know it is wrong to be that way, yet you are incapable of correcting it in yourself.

I mean, if you were making efforts to correct it, that would be one thing. But this isn't just a matter of you making mistakes. It's a way of thinking that has you locked into the deception. Glenn Morton actually described the phenomenon wrt Young Earth Creationism. It occurs anytime we are willing to accept an ideologically based conclusion over what the evidence implies. We can't handle the dissonance, so we either abandon or modify the ideology, or we stop listening to, or start attacking, the evidence.
            I point out that you're leaning hard on the ad hominem fallacy, and your response to lean even harder on the ad hominem fallacy.

Well played.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

So are you saying the guy in the video isn't who he says he is? Where's your proof of that? The fact you dismiss it without proof bolsters the argument that Pfizer is pure evil and the only way you can counter that is to dismiss it with ad hom attacks and no evidence.
              He doesn't like the message, so he lashes out at the messenger.

Comment

https://brianoshea.substack.com/p/wh...rishton-walker

Comment

He doesn't like the message, so he lashes out at the messenger.
                  It just bolsters the message and shows how much of a covid cultist he is, like Stoic denying something about Fauci that he clearly admits from his own lips in a video. You just can't argue with cultists.

Comment

• It has an email block on it.

Comment

It has an email block on it.
                      here is a link to his profile on signalhire, but you need to log in to see it (you can log in with google)

(Source: https://www.signalhire.com/candidate...55feb79ce8b6d8)
                      • “Signal Hire” Profile (PDF Version):
                      (Source: https://www.signalhire.com/_/candida...55feb79ce8b6d8)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

here is a link to his profile on signalhire, but you need to log in to see it (you can log in with google)

(Source: https://www.signalhire.com/candidate...55feb79ce8b6d8)
                        • “Signal Hire” Profile (PDF Version):
                        (Source: https://www.signalhire.com/_/candida...55feb79ce8b6d8)

James OKeefe claims he has the info on the guy...

So unless Okeefe is making it all up (which he's never done in the past), it's pretty scary stuff. Btw, he says they have another one they caught on cam soon to be released.

Comment

I point out that you're leaning hard on the ad hominem fallacy, and your response to lean even harder on the ad hominem fallacy.

Well played.
                          Not even close MM. First, the fact you'll accept any accusation if it fits your narrative is simply evidenced prima facia by your response to this 'article'.

The part you are swallowing is that the research here described qualifies as 'gain of function' research and is therefore illegal.

Nowhere have I made any claims that the referenced researcher is fake, or that he is not in fact describing what they are doing.

The idea that this is gain of function research only renamed is the part you are swallowing whole.

Somehow I seriously doubt a researcher would be publicly describing their research and research mechanisms if they were, in fact, illegal.

Comment

Not even close MM. First, the fact you'll accept any accusation if it fits your narrative is simply evidenced prima facia by your response to this 'article'.

The part you are swallowing is that the research here described qualifies as 'gain of function' research and is therefore illegal.

Nowhere have I made any claims that the referenced researcher is fake, or that he is not in fact describing what they are doing.

The idea that this is gain of function research only renamed is the part you are swallowing whole.

Somehow I seriously doubt a researcher would be publicly describing their research and research mechanisms if they were, in fact, illegal.

I retract my comments. Yeah - this is something to be concerned about.

Comment

I retract my comments. Yeah - this is something to be concerned about.
                              I respect that.

Comment

I respect that.
                                Thank you!

I am looking into this. It looks like there is some evidence this is a hoax or fake, and it will take time to see what comes of it. It appears to have been scrubbed by google as disinformation. I see at least one reference saying there is no record of him having graduated from Yale. At face value, it IS something to be concerned about. So my retraction is genuine and stands. But it may be 'too good to be true' from a big pharma conspiracy point of view. Let's see where it goes.

Comment