Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kyle Rittenhouse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

Is Kyle right handed?
    Yes. You'd know that if you watched the video.

Why would he be holding the gun in his left shoulder?
    He wouldn't, hence the prosecution's claims are garbage. You didn't watch the video did you?

Was any evidence like this given in court?
    Evidence like what? Like looking at the photo, as well as previous footage, and ascertaining that the prosecution is full of crap? Pretty sure the jury did that himself.
    You are making stuff up. To understand the jury, you have go by the evidence given in court, and nothing else.
    Now you are going to have to back that up. Put up or shut up, little racist

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Yes. (and I suspect GoFundMe would not have deleted attempts to raise money, unlike what happened with white Kyle) Any other stupid racist questions?
      A cop in Norfolk, Virginia was fired after donating $25 to Rittenhouse's defense fund (he had donated anonymously, but hackers broke into the website and released his information along with hundreds of others). Do you think any police department would have dared fire him if Kyle was black?

Also, he's now asking for his job back.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

A cop in Norfolk, Virginia was fired after donating $25 to Rittenhouse's defense fund (he had donated anonymously, but hackers broke into the website and released his information along with hundreds of others). Do you think any police department would have dared fire him if Kyle was black?

Also, he's now asking for his job back.
        Indeed, good point, I forgot about that incident

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

FWIU, in many jurisdictions, even those held in custody without bail are allowed to change into street clothes when they're in court before the jury for the very reason that they don't want to subliminally influence the jurors.
          True story...

When I covered a trial of a later-convicted murderer, they had him shackled to his table with a braided wire cable of about 15 feet, because one of his charges was for a jail escape attempt. Well, the length was too long and he walked over to the DA's table and threatened to strangle him. The DA didn't say anything at that moment but waited until lunch break to talk to the judge, which was only a few minutes away. As the court broke for lunch and I was leaving the room, the defendant called my name, and I turned around and it appeared he stumbled and fell to the ground. He shouted an expletive at me, and I just left.

Coming back from lunch and before the jury returned, the DA asked that the defendant's leash be shortened. One, because of the threat he made to the DA next to his table. Secondly, "because he lunged at the newspaper reporter." That was me. I didn't see it but he had swiped his pen at my back, but his leash prevented him from getting close enough, so he fell. Rattled me to hear this. His leash was shortened after that. The ironic thing was this guy did all this in front of the jury while acting as his own attorney - and he was trying to convince them he was innocent? Mindboggling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

True story...

When I covered a trial of a later-convicted murderer, they had him shackled to his table with a braided wire cable of about 15 feet, because one of his charges was for a jail escape attempt. Well, the length was too long and he walked over to the DA's table and threatened to strangle him. The DA didn't say anything at that moment but waited until lunch break to talk to the judge, which was only a few minutes away. As the court broke for lunch and I was leaving the room, the defendant called my name, and I turned around and it appeared he stumbled and fell to the ground. He shouted an expletive at me, and I just left.

Coming back from lunch and before the jury returned, the DA asked that the defendant's leash be shortened. One, because of the threat he made to the DA next to his table. Secondly, "because he lunged at the newspaper reporter." That was me. I didn't see it but he had swiped his pen at my back, but his leash prevented him from getting close enough, so he fell. Rattled me to hear this. His leash was shortened after that. The ironic thing was this guy did all this in front of the jury while acting as his own attorney - and he was trying to convince them he was innocent? Mindboggling.
            The term criminally insane comes to mind.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The term criminally insane comes to mind.
              I was reminded of that because he complained that the leash would prejudice the jury (ala FF's orange jumpsuit). Amusing that this guy didn't think his threats and "lunging" wouldn't prejudice them.

Comment

I was reminded of that because he complained that the leash would prejudice the jury (ala FF's orange jumpsuit). Amusing that this guy didn't think his threats and "lunging" wouldn't prejudice them.
                I'm troubled by the fact that he knew your name.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• After some of the stories I've read about cops who kept their jobs after abominable behavior, I'd be genuinely upset if the union didn't get this guy his job back.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I'm troubled by the fact that he knew your name.
                    He knew who I was. I interviewed him when he was arrested, and my name was on the articles I wrote. He thought I wasn't being sympathetic to him or helping his case.

Comment

When I used to have a subscription to FBI magazine (supposedly only issued to law enforcement) there was an article about the necessity of filming a suspect while being booked so a jury could see how different they looked and acted when they committed the crime rather than only seeing the cleaned up version that showed up in court.
                      Oh YEAH!!! I told the story of the councilwoman who was suing us for abuse, but when her lawyer saw her "booking video" in a pretrial hearing, he walked over to the VCR, pushed STOP, and said, "thank you, gentlemen, we'll see ourselves out".
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

True story...

Yeah, I used to love it when the "defendant" proved exactly what we had been saying all along.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                          After some of the stories I've read about cops who kept their jobs after abominable behavior, I'd be genuinely upset if the union didn't get this guy his job back.
                          Do we know he's a member of a union? Lots of PDs don't have unions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Do we know he's a member of a union? Lots of PDs don't have unions.
                            I'm not sure.

I don't know how police unions work either, but I know that my union is actually required to represent anyone regardless of whether they're a member or not (though they won't try as hard if you're not). But this is just wrong.
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

I'm not sure.

I don't know how police unions work either, but I know that my union is actually required to represent anyone regardless of whether they're a member or not (though they won't try as hard if you're not). But this is just wrong.
                              Yeah, police unions have been one of my major gripes, because they often protect the officer who should CLEARLY be stripped of shield and weapon.

I think the BEST "police reform" should start with the police unions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You liberals ALWAYS run to "RACE!"
                                ‘Race’ permeates everything, everywhere. Awareness of the role it plays is gradually increasing.

Comment