Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kyle Rittenhouse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

But will they learn anything from this?
    You mean like they learned from the Duke Lacrosse rape hoax? Or the Covington kids hoax? Or the Jussie Smollet hoax?

I'm not holding my breath.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Where were these others when he raised his weapon - and what prompted him to do so?
      The jury watched the videos repeatedly - and did not conclude that he had done anything provocative.
      It was about the only thing left in the prosecution's case after their star witness scuttled the rest of it.
      Ziminsky (holding but not pointing a gun), Rittenhouse and Rosenbaum are close together at this critical moment:

This new video supports the contention that Rittenhouse provoked the attack, at the very least by the action dropping the fire extinguisher and bringing the rifle into his hands. The new video starts just after Rittenhouse drops the fire extinguisher, but importantly, it shows a moment before he sees Rosenbaum. In this moment we see that Kyle Rittenhouse’s rifle is already in his hands.
      https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/...sees-Rosenbaum
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

Ziminsky (holding but not pointing a gun), Rittenhouse and Rosenbaum are close together at this critical moment:

So Rosenbaum was provoked by someone (who had not seen him) hefting a rifle - with the first shot being fired while Rosenbaum's hand was over the rifle barrel. In short, Rittenhouse did not point the rifle at Rosenbaum when he raised it. As to the comments about Rosenbaum being shot in the back, the report that you cite is in conflict with that of the coroner. It is necessary to ask what information the reporter has that makes it reasonable to accept that information, rather than the sworn testimony of a qualified examiner who has actually seen the corpse. The shot to the back, according to the coroner, was delivered while Rosenbaum was falling toward Rittenhouse. https://www.wpr.org/medical-examiner...ooting-victims
        Last edited by tabibito; 11-24-2021, 07:43 AM.
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Strange that the ones whom video evidence, from multiple angles, shows to be the aggressors are the only ones in your narrative deserving of any benefit of the doubt.

None of those who were shot were "running after" Rittenhouse at the time of the shooting - the two who died were in the act of attacking him - the third was in the act of levelling a pistol at him.
          All evidence indicates that Rittenhouse was the intended victim - which makes you the one indulging in victim blaming.
          Very doubtful; see above.

Rittenhouse looks like a prowling sniper. When he sees he has been spotted, he panics and runs off, pursued by an heroically and barking mad, unarmed Rosenbaum, who probably thinks this running man is even more of a danger than he thought.

Really, who in their right mind would run after a rifle toting gunslinger? Explain that.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

So Rosenbaum was provoked by someone (who had not seen him) hefting a rifle - with the first shot being fired while Rosenbaum's hand was over the rifle barrel. In short, Rittenhouse did not point the rifle at Rosenbaum when he raised it. As to the comments about Rosenbaum being shot in the back, the report that you cite is in conflict with that of the coroner. It is necessary to ask what information the reporter has that makes it reasonable to accept that information, rather than the sworn testimony of a qualified examiner who has actually seen the corpse. The shot to the back, according to the coroner, was delivered while Rosenbaum was falling toward Rittenhouse. https://www.wpr.org/medical-examiner...ooting-victims
            During cross-examination, Rittenhouse's attorney, Mark Richards, asked Kelley if Rosenbaum's hand was over the barrel of Rittenhouse's AR-15-style rifle when he was first shot.

Kelley said that "makes sense."

Kelley also confirmed Rosenbaum was falling forward, not walking away, when he was shot in the back by Rittenhouse — an important detail as the defense tries to prove Rittenhouse was not chasing Rosenbaum or that Rittenhouse was not shooting as Rosenbaum was fleeing.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Rittenhouse looks like a prowling sniper. When he sees he has been spotted, he panics and runs off, pursued by an heroically and barking mad, unarmed Rosenbaum, who probably thinks this running man is even more of a danger than he thought.

Really, who in their right mind would run after a rifle toting gunslinger? Explain that.
              Why was Rosenbaum "heroically and barking mad" pursuing Rittenhouse at all? He hadn't shot at anyone.

Prior to the shooting, the heroic Joseph Rosenbaum had pushed a burning dumpster into a crowd and toward a gas station and then became enraged when a guard put the fire out. When Rosenbaum saw Rittenhouse with a fire extinguisher he apparently thought he was the guard he was pissed off at (they were both dressed nearly identically) and tried to accost him, joined by other "protesters." Rittenhouse tried to avoid any confrontation by running off only to be pursued. During the chase, two shots were fired (not by Rittenhouse). At this point, Rittenhouse stopped running and aimed his rifle in the direction of where the shots came from, figuring he was being shot at, and Rosenbaum caught up and a struggle commenced. When Rosenbaum grabbed the rifle Rittenhouse fired several times. Rittenhouse tried to render medical assistance while calling the police.

Why was Rosenbaum chasing after Rittenhouse in the first place? Certainly not for anything even remotely like for "heroic" motives.

Comment

"Barking mad" might be an apt description, particularly in view of the grab for the business end of the rifle. "Barking mad" doesn't do anything to indicate "not a real and immediate threat."
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

"Barking mad" doesn't do anything to indicate "not a real and immediate threat."
                  Obviously. Clearly self defence, which is exactly the line that CNN and other, responsible`mainstream media outlets have been pushing since videos of the night in Kenosha first came to light. Anyone sceptical of this position, clearly has false memory syndrome and White Supremacy Derangement Syndrome.

(video is 11+ minutes long, but IMHO worth a watch)

When inventing a god, it is imperative to claim that it's; invisible, inaudible and imperceptible in every way. Otherwise - when it appears to no one, is silent and does nothing - intelligent people are liable to become sceptical.
                  - Anonymous

When asked why Omniscient and Omnipotent God, chose to burn alive the children of two Middle Eastern cities, came the reply;
                  “His hands were tied.” - DaveTheApologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Markus River View Post

Obviously. Clearly self defence, which is exactly the line that CNN and other, responsible`mainstream media outlets have been pushing since videos of the night in Kenosha first came to light. Anyone sceptical of this position, clearly has false memory syndrome and White Supremacy Derangement Syndrome.

(video is 11+ minutes long, but IMHO worth a watch)

And they continue to report disproven claims as fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yeah, in Texas, it seems to be more like 40%, but I couldn't figure out what Roy was actually trying to say.
                      Just referring to the non-contingency fee cases.

Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                      MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        And they continue to report disproven claims as fact.
                        I hope you didn't cross State lines before you typed that?
                        When inventing a god, it is imperative to claim that it's; invisible, inaudible and imperceptible in every way. Otherwise - when it appears to no one, is silent and does nothing - intelligent people are liable to become sceptical.
                        - Anonymous

When asked why Omniscient and Omnipotent God, chose to burn alive the children of two Middle Eastern cities, came the reply;
                        “His hands were tied.” - DaveTheApologist

Comment

I hope you didn't cross State lines before you typed that?
                          Does being in the midst of intergalactic teleportation to visit a bacon vault I have in the Virgo A galaxy via roguetech's portal system count?

Comment

Obviously. Clearly self defence, which is exactly the line that CNN and other, responsible`mainstream media outlets have been pushing since videos of the night in Kenosha first came to light.
                            Definitely worth the watch. The wrap up - "The main stream media is no longer about informing people - if it ever was in the first place - it is about misinforming people and promoting narratives ..."

Next we'll have CNN and such telling us that they were warning that Biden was a dud from the first.
                            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              IIRC one of those reporters proclaiming he was shot dead had actually interviewed him after the shooting.
                              Maybe that reporter was binge watching vampire movies or something? You can always interview the dead.

There used to be a show on TV called "Dark Shadows", and it was not unusual for a dead person to be back again as a live person.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

1. The video doesn't show that at all. It is a blurry mess that shows nothing. Also if you take Rittenhouse as pointing his weapon at Rosenbaum, he would have to be doing it left handed and he was right handed.
                                2. The normal reaction if someone has a loaded gun pointed at you is to back away, not charge at them and give chase.
                                3. Rittenhouse showed 3 times that night that when someone did charge at him trying to attack him, he shot them. So if he had his gun pointed at Rosenbaum and Rosenbaum charged him, he would have been shot way back at the start of the chase. Instead what happened is that Rittenhouse never threatened Rosenbaum, but Rosenbaum threatened him. Rittenhouse tried to leave and Rosenbaum gave chase. Only when Rittenhouse was cornered at the parked cars did he turn around and shoot Rosebaum when he tried to grab his gun.

Comment