Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The GOP and the man-god Trump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I'm simply observing the evidence of widespread election fraud as it is slowly being uncovered. Whatever conclusions about "banana republics" you are inclined to draw from these revelations are entirely your won.
    That’s not what you’re doing and that’s no what’s happening. All these sham audits will come to naught, cost the hapless taxpayers huge amounts to replace voting machines, break a few election laws, and destroy Americans confidence in elections, all to the maximin delight of the rogue Putin and his pals.

You are what they call a sucker.
    Last edited by firstfloor; 05-27-2021, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      ... all to the maximin delight of the rogue Putin and his pals.
      Just out of curiosity, why does your scenario make "Putin and his pals" delighted?

Comment

Probably the quickest way to kill democracy is by undermining the public’s faith in it’s elections. We are witness to the rise of authoritarianism in the USA.

The Republican agenda is both to undermine confidence and suppress the opposition vote.
        When you view things in a mirror, everything will be reversed.

Comment

Probably the quickest way to kill democracy is by undermining the public’s faith in it’s elections.
          The left in 2000-2004: He was selected not elected!

The left in 2016-2020: NOT MY PRESIDENT! RESIST!

But that was okay.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
            All these sham audits will come to naught...
            So far they've uncovered damning evidence of significant discrepancies that almost exclusively favored Democrat candidates. I'd like see what else they can uncover. Apparently you'd prefer we be kept in the dark.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Probably the quickest way to kill democracy is by undermining the public’s faith in it’s elections. We are witness to the rise of authoritarianism in the USA.

The Republican agenda is both to undermine confidence and suppress the opposition vote.
              Articles from 2020 prior to the election:
              Trump is Going to Cheat - The Atlantic
              Zirpoli: Trump knows he is going to lose, so he’s prepared to cheat - Baltimore Sun
              The Biggest Question Of The Election: How Will Trump Cheat Next? -Huffington Post
              Trump Will Try To Subvert The Election. We Must Be Prepared - WBUR Boston
              Talk of the County: Trump and Republicans will ‘cheat like crazy’ to win election - Chicago Tribune
              Here’s what Pelosi could do if Republicans tried to manipulate the presidential election’s outcome - Washington Post
              Trump is determined to rig this election, defraud voters and thwart the will of the people - USA Today
              Will Democrats Accept Election Results if They Think Trump Cheated to Win? - Newsweek
              Your election angst is real: Trump's gonna cheat and it could be total hell - Salon.com
              Donald Trump’s re-election playbook: 25 ways he'll lie, cheat and abuse his power - Robert Reich
              Can Donald Trump cheat his way through the electoral college and use mail-order mayhem to steal the election? Experts say the system is shockingly weak - Toronto Star
              Trump’s Five Simple Tricks for Stealing the Election - The Daily Beast
              Open Forum: Don't let Donald Trump cheat his way to another win - Winchester Star
              Maya Wiley: Donald Trump will ‘lie, cheat and steal’ to win an election - MSNBC
              Most Americans expect cheating in the November elections - Washington Post

Comment

So far they've uncovered damning evidence of significant discrepancies that almost exclusively favored Democrat candidates. I'd like see what else they can uncover. Apparently you'd prefer we be kept in the dark.
                C'monman. It's a coincidence. Just like how every single "glitch" that was detected happened to favor the Democrats

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And Texas becomes a Trump worshipping fascist state:
                  After a dramatic all-night debate, the Texas Senate approved one of the most restrictive voting bills in the country early Sunday on a party-line vote, despite emotional pleas from Democrats who likened the measure to the Jim Crow laws of the 20th century that effectively barred Black Americans from voting in Southern states.

The Republican-majority House is scheduled to take up the measure later Sunday; if it passes, Gov. Greg Abbott (R) is widely expected to sign it quickly.

Republicans barreled forward with the bill and hashed out a final version behind closed doors late last week, over the objections of civil rights leaders and business executives, who said the measure targets voters of color. President Biden on Saturday called it “wrong and un-American,” and Democrats vowed to immediately challenge it in court.

Comment

Meanwhile, the audit in New Hampshire is showing a significant error rate that just happened to favor Democrats.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-audit-needed/
                    Just more big lie misinformation from a big lie media outlet.

Here's a bit of reality for a change:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...ction-77947533

The main point being that what the audit found was a flaw created by a folding machine used when ballots were mailed that could both add to or take away from the affected candidate's votes. An error rate that affected on specific candidate whose name was on tge fold line. More importantly, they did not find fraud of any sort.

The fact you went for the big lie spin and didn't look for the truth about the situation is something i would hope causes you to do a bit of self reflection.

Source: above

It was called by lawmakers from both parties after a recount requested by a losing Democratic candidate in one of the legislative races showed the Republicans getting hundreds more votes than were originally counted. No matter the audit findings, the results won’t change

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-30-2021, 11:45 AM.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

And Texas becomes a Trump worshipping fascist state:
                      You know, if you are going to throw around the word fascist, you should be able to define it. Come on...give us a usable definition. Or, is it a word you use because you don't like republicans?

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Just more big lie misinformation from a big lie media outlet.

Here's a bit of reality for a change:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...ction-77947533

The main point being that what the audit found was a flaw created by a folding machine used when ballots were mailed that could both add to or take away from the affected candidate's votes. An error rate that affected on specific candidate whose name was on tge fold line. More importantly, they did not find fraud of any sort.

The fact you went for the big lie spin and didn't look for the truth about the situation is something i would hope causes you to do a bit of self reflection.

Source: above

It was called by lawmakers from both parties after a recount requested by a losing Democratic candidate in one of the legislative races showed the Republicans getting hundreds more votes than were originally counted. No matter the audit findings, the results won’t change

© Copyright Original Source

Well hello to you, too, Mr. McNasty. Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed, or is there no right side of the bed for you?

Since you accused me of quoting from a "big lie media outlet" (which the Last Refuge is not, but that's beside the point), perhaps you could trouble yourself to show where the source I linked to actually lied. It's also worth noting that nothing in your quoted article, despite its dismissive tone, contradicts anything said by the Last Refuge.

So here's what happened: a number of ballots just happened to have a fold through one of the Democrat candidates causing the machines to erroneously read the fold as a vote. The problem is that if someone voted for all the Republican candidates, the machine would read those votes plus the additional faulty vote for the Democrat, leading to an "overvote" error which would disqualify the entire ballot.

This is why there is such a high percentage error rate between the electronic tabulation results and the hand recounts not using machines.

This outcome is also what creates the disparity in votes cast and actual voting percentages as identified in the tabulation results for specific machines. The higher the number of overvoted ballots, ie (disqualified) ballots, through a machine, the more flawed the tabulation result as a comparison of all voter ballots through similar machines. This is what has been identified in Windham, New Hampshire.

The Windham election officials, and auditors with a vested interest in the position of the New Hampshire state officials, have said the ballot folding issue, aka “the overvote issue”, is isolated to just that one city, Windham.

However, the research teams have identified other counties in New Hampshire with the exact same “overvote” issue, which creates the exact same disqualified ballot issue, and matches the exact same statistical anomaly in the tabulation results as seen in counting machines in other counties.

The issue is far more widespread than just Windham. The exact same pattern of high “overvote” ballots resulting in skewed tabulation results from specific machines has been identified in neighboring counties.

Additionally, and perhaps more importantly, the folding issue impacts all of the races on the ballots (local, state and federal) because the “overvote” ballots were disqualified.

The fact that this particular "overvote" error was most likely to cause only Republican ballots to be tossed is too big of a coincidence to ignore.
                        Last edited by Mountain Man; 05-30-2021, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Well hello to you, too, Mr. McNasty. Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed, or is there no right side of the bed for you?
                          Hilarious coming from one of the 'nastiest' people posting here

Since you accused me of quoting from a "big lie media outlet" (which the Last Refuge is not, but that's beside the point), perhaps you could trouble yourself to show where the source I linked to actually lied. It's also worth noting that nothing in your quoted article, despite its dismissive tone, contradicts anything said by the Last Refuge.
                          I didn't say they lied. I said they were casting the story(as were you) as support for Trump's Big Lie, which it is not.

So here's what happened: a number of ballots just happened to have a fold through one of the Democrat candidates causing the machines to erroneously read the fold as a vote. The problem is that if someone voted for all the Republican candidates, the machine would read those votes plus the additional faulty vote for the Democrat, leading to an "overvote" error which would disqualify the entire ballot.

I understand what happened. But it Does not support the Big Lie in any way. It was a random error that happened to favor a Democrat, just as it could have easily favored a Republican.

This is why there is such a high percentage error rate between the electronic tabulation results and the hand recounts not using machines.

Yes, an anomalous situation affecting one small set of votes and that has nothing to do with fraud

This outcome is also what creates the disparity in votes cast and actual voting percentages as identified in the tabulation results for specific machines. The higher the number of overvoted ballots, ie (disqualified) ballots, through a machine, the more flawed the tabulation result as a comparison of all voter ballots through similar machines. This is what has been identified in Windham, New Hampshire.

The Windham election officials, and auditors with a vested interest in the position of the New Hampshire state officials, have said the ballot folding issue, aka “the overvote issue”, is isolated to just that one city, Windham.

However, the research teams have identified other counties in New Hampshire with the exact same “overvote” issue, which creates the exact same disqualified ballot issue, and matches the exact same statistical anomaly in the tabulation results as seen in counting machines in other counties.

The issue is far more widespread than just Windham. The exact same pattern of high “overvote” ballots resulting in skewed tabulation results from specific machines has been identified in neighboring counties.

Additionally, and perhaps more importantly, the folding issue impacts all of the races on the ballots (local, state and federal) because the “overvote” ballots were disqualified.

The fact that this particular "overvote" error was most likely to cause only Republican ballots to be tossed is too big of a coincidence to ignore.
                          And that is where you are off in conspiracy land. The folds occurr where the machine folds them. Which will affect whatever candidate happens to be on that section of the ballot. If the ballots are structured so that the real estate where the fold occurs is where the local democratic candidates are listed, then the effect of the fold will tend to be relative to local democratic candidates.

Its a good lesson wrt the use of automated folders.

And a good lesson in big lie paranoia.

But if you bothered to read the article I referenced, you'd realize the use of such folders was not all that common.

And the hand audit already uncovered the problem. This is just understanding the source of the problem, which, btw had nothing to do with hacked or otherwise faulty Dominion voting machines.
                          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-30-2021, 01:04 PM.
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

You know, if you are going to throw around the word fascist, you should be able to define it. Come on...give us a usable definition. Or, is it a word you use because you don't like republicans?
                            What else would you call it?

Per Wikipedia, the definition of Fascism is; “a form of radical authoritarian ultranationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and control of industry and commerce. Fascists believe that liberal democracy is obsolete and they regard the complete mobilization of society under a totalitarian one-party state as necessary to prepare a nation for armed conflict and to respond effectively to economic difficulties. Such a state is led by a strong leader—such as a dictator and a martial government composed of the members of the governing fascist party”.

Republicans are proving they’re Anti-Democratic Authoritarian Fascist, rigging elections by Gerrymandering, Voter Obstruction, Voter Purges passing laws to Overturn Election Results, making it illegal to give water to people waiting in long lines, decreasing Drop Boxes and decreasing the days people can vote. They refuse to eliminate the UN-Democratic Electoral College which has made 2 of their unpopular candidates President who LOST the popular vote… Trump in 2016 and George W. Bush in 2000.

Only in a Banana Republic is the LOSER declared the winner.

Trump, who 80%+ of Republicans support has authoritarian tendencies and speaks well of Dictators while disparaging leaders of Democratic countries.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                              It was a random error that happened to favor a Democrat...
                              And isn't it funny how these "random errors" always happen to favor the Democrats.

Comment

What else would you call it?

Perhaps you can actually show some of that. Lets start with the "forcible suppression of opposition", After all, it was after the election that democrats started talking about re-education and enemy lists. Perhaps you can show where they've claimed that there is a need for complete mobilization of the government in one-party rule. Are you talking about them wanting to say, pass legislation to create a number of vacancies on the supreme court so that they can fill them with political supporters? Maybe you can show where they are wanting to start a war in order to get past economic problems.

Comment