Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The GOP and the man-god Trump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

If Merkel did consider our position, she kept it a secret. Biden basically just kowtowed.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...el-2021-05-20/
    There is no requirement that the details of negotiations between the US and Germany be announced publicly.

There is no other purpose. Having mutual defense obligations with a multitude of bickering European states is a quagmire for the US. Some can't be defended by us, some shouldn't be, and we'll more likely see Greece and Turkey go to war with each other than Russia invading Europe.
    Okay, you don't see any good reason for us to be in NATO.

Some people do.

Evasive. Biden backing out of a Trump sanction is like Trump backing out of an Obama sanction. Those are equal conditions.
    No, they aren't equal. The difference is that Russia worked to help Trump get elected.

Almost without exception, the Left accused Trump of being Putin's puppet - without any evidence. Biden cancelling this sanction appears to me that Biden is the puppet (using the same criteria).

Please explain. Quid pro quo in regard to whom? Obama?
    It would look like a quid pro quo between Trump and Putin.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

The ipsos one has several blatant falsehoods. Why believe anything in either one?

ETA -- the ST one is inaccessible to those of us using ad-blockers.
      It's an article about a poll and someone interpreting the poll. What's the falsehoods? I have an ad blocker too and I don't have any trouble with ST

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Say what? Never reached the widespread embrace we find in QAnon? Are you serious?

I guess its time to repost some of the examples of how those on the left talked about their Obamessiah [CENTER]
        It's extraordinarily pathetic that you're conflating what amounts to, for the most part, metaphorical language with people who sincerely believe that Trump is going to bring down a global web of child-prostituting satanists because it's so blatantly in bad faith.

Comment

You're going to overwhelm the poor man. I wasn't aware of the extent either, that's massive.

We all know Obama was the Leftist Messiah, but people on the Left have selective memory about such things. They really should all follow Voxx's lead and try to scrub out their past online drivel and mistakes and pretend they never said them. Then only the archivists will eventually need to be sent to re-education camps.
          I knew that it was more than just a fringe few, but I'd forgotten how widespread was the veneration of Obamessiah, with his thrill-up-the-leg powers, and his sovereign ability to heal the climate and cause the rising waters to recede.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post

It's extraordinarily pathetic that you're conflating what amounts to, for the most part, metaphorical language with people who sincerely believe that Trump is going to bring down a global web of child-prostituting satanists because it's so blatantly in bad faith.
            This is the usual "eye of the beholder" crap. YOU believe it is mostly "metaphorical." But leftards are often infidels. They don't have a real deity to worship, and so for them their veneration of Obamessiah fills the same space.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post

It's an article about a poll and someone interpreting the poll. What's the falsehoods? I have an ad blocker too and I don't have any trouble with ST
              Regarding the IPSOS article:

"Specifically, a plurality of Americans (40%) believe it is true that COVID-19 was created in a lab in China – more answered true than false. There is no indication this is true." -- Blatantly false. The bat/pangolin stuff was always a hoax.

"Nearly half (47%) believe the majority of protests this summer were violent, while just 38% correctly indicated that this is a false statement." -- Blatantly false. There was plenty of video evidence of the violence, as well as the documented existence of the insurrectionist-occupied "CHOP" zone.

"Thirty-nine percent of Americans agree there is a deep state working to undermine President Trump – another tenet of QAnon. This belief is driven primarily by Republicans and FOX News viewers (a majority of both groups agree with this), though nearly half of white men and rural residents (49% each) agree as well." -- Seriously misleading. Many of us have known for decades of the "deep state." The main change under Bad Orange Man is the terminology. Until recently, it was more commonly called the "permanent bureaucracy." It works to undermine anyone who tries to rock the boat by opposing its agenda of leftism, state-ism, globalism, and endless wars.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

You're going to overwhelm the poor man. I wasn't aware of the extent either, that's massive.

We all know Obama was the Leftist Messiah, but people on the Left have selective memory about such things. They really should all follow Voxx's lead and try to scrub out their past online drivel and mistakes and pretend they never said them. Then only the archivists will eventually need to be sent to re-education camps.
                Every time I post it I add a bunch to it. And as you can see, it isn't a bunch of nobodies posting from their parent's basements. It's Congressmen and Senators (and not rookie backbenchers) along with some big names in the MSM.

I should note that the very first image, the one at the top with "Obama for Messiah" is a parody and belonged with the satirical video. This was the image that should've been there:

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I knew that it was more than just a fringe few, but I'd forgotten how widespread was the veneration of Obamessiah, with his thrill-up-the-leg powers, and his sovereign ability to heal the climate and cause the rising waters to recede.
                  I knew Europeans were all gobsmacked with him - just the fact he received a Peace Prize for doing absolutely nothing. In fact, he ended up droning a lot of civilians into oblivion, as well as fomenting unrest in a lot of Middle East countries. They should have asked for that prize back.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Interesting. So perhaps that sentiment was more widespread than I understood it to be.

Not that I like what you are displaying, but is this actually worse to you than 15% of Americans believing that there is a cabal of baby eating Satanists out there that Donald Trump is going to save us from? Do you suppose any of this represents that sort of actual disconnnect from reality?

From my perspective this is hyperbole, not actual belief in Obama as 'the' Messiah but rather they had high hopes he could bring reconciliation of the races, that a black man as president represented perhaps a true end of racism. These were people feeling the effect of centuries of oppression that believed Obama could end that expressing in exaggerated terms their hope for what he could accomplish. These are all real things, real hopes, real dreams, real issues that need to be dealt with.

QAnon is NOT that.
                    Maybe I should have included some of the videos of teachers in rapt adoration leading their classes in hymns of praise for their Obamessiah after all. Still, I provided some videos there. Listen to them. These weren't people who merely had "high hopes." These are true believers.

When you have people who truly believe that their leader is an actual deity or at the least a heavenly messenger the chances for severe and dire consequences ratchets itself up several fold. People like that can be quickly be brought to believe that whatever they are doing is righteous and just.

And these aren't just kooks posting from their parent's basement. You'll see some pretty influential politicians in there. And I'm not talking about likely one-term backbenchers but those in leadership. These are the folks in charge of writing and passing laws and a bunch had stars in their eyes.

Finally, as I showed, Obama himself encouraged and participated in this. He was eating it up.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I knew Europeans were all gobsmacked with him - just the fact he received a Peace Prize for doing absolutely nothing. In fact, he ended up droning a lot of civilians into oblivion, as well as fomenting unrest in a lot of Middle East countries. They should have asked for that prize back.
                      The Nobel committee gave out several "Peace Prizes" to folks solely on the basis that they weren't Bush. What had already been a tarnished award has become a joke.

Comment

Regarding the IPSOS article:

"Specifically, a plurality of Americans (40%) believe it is true that COVID-19 was created in a lab in China – more answered true than false. There is no indication this is true." -- Blatantly false. The bat/pangolin stuff was always a hoax.

"Nearly half (47%) believe the majority of protests this summer were violent, while just 38% correctly indicated that this is a false statement." -- Blatantly false. There was plenty of video evidence of the violence, as well as the documented existence of the insurrectionist-occupied "CHOP" zone.

"Thirty-nine percent of Americans agree there is a deep state working to undermine President Trump – another tenet of QAnon. This belief is driven primarily by Republicans and FOX News viewers (a majority of both groups agree with this), though nearly half of white men and rural residents (49% each) agree as well." -- Seriously misleading. Many of us have known for decades of the "deep state." The main change under Bad Orange Man is the terminology. Until recently, it was more commonly called the "permanent bureaucracy." It works to undermine anyone who tries to rock the boat by opposing its agenda of leftism, state-ism, globalism, and endless wars.
                        IIRC the term and concept behind "deep state" was embraced by the left right up to the moment Trump started using it. Then, magically overnight, it became a ridiculous conspiracy theory

Comment

Shortly after Obama won his first presidential election, there was a terrorist attack of some sort in the Middle East, and a couple of MSNBC talking heads were wringing their hands in despair and wondering, "How could this happen now that we've elected Barack Obama?" It was one of the most surreal things I've ever heard.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Shortly after Obama won his first presidential election, there was a terrorist attack of some sort in the Middle East, and a couple of MSNBC talking heads were wringing their hands in despair and wondering, "How could this happen now that we've elected Barack Obama?" It was one of the most surreal things I've ever heard.
                            And he believed his own press as evidenced by shortly after becoming president he flew to Europe to encourage the Olympic Committee to pick Chicago as the site for an upcoming Olympics. So what did he do? He informed the committee that if they selected Chicago they would please him. That was pretty much it.

Chicago was the first city to be eliminated from consideration. Apparently the Committee was composed of true-believers ready to do anything to please the Obamessiah

Comment

• What's amazing is how Obama treated Britain, so poorly that they should despise him. I recall on his first trip there he completely disregarded protocol while visiting with the queen (not that I am big on monarchs, but you have to respect your host country's institutions).

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...british-gaffes

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Well yeah, since the majority of the Republican base is willing to overlook the insurrection and believe his lies about the election. And good number of them are QAnoner's too.

Basically the GOP is fast becoming the party with a sizable percentage morons and dolts let by a billionaire grifter and the kiss-ups to him. It's not a very good thing. If I was a serious conservative who has not yet given up on the GOP and hoping for legitimacy and something other than total chaos, I'd line up behind her immediately and get as many people as possible to do the same. If you that are not morons and dolts don't put a stop to the Trump moron parade soon, it's gonna be lights out for either the GOP or the US.
                                So are you finally ready to admit you are not a Republican yet?

Comment