Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The GOP and the man-god Trump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    And Texas becomes a Trump worshipping fascist state:

After a dramatic all-night debate, the Texas Senate approved one of the most restrictive voting bills in the country early Sunday on a party-line vote, despite emotional pleas from Democrats who likened the measure to the Jim Crow laws of the 20th century that effectively barred Black Americans from voting in Southern states.
    Given that we heard the exact same rhetoric wrt Georgia, which actually made voting easier, I'm going to reserve judgment on this.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

And isn't it funny how these "random errors" always happen to favor the Democrats.
      Every time a "glitch" was uncovered it coincidentally favored the Democrats

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And isn't it funny how these "random errors" always happen to favor the Democrats.
        They don't always favor the democrats. Your perception they do is the result of only viewing reports about errors that favor Democrats. Or only listening to news sources that only report the errors that favor the democrats. It's called confirmation bias.

https://thenevadaindependent.com/art...-were-alleging
        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-30-2021, 10:30 PM.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

They don't always favor the democrats. Your perception they do is the result of only viewing reports about errors that favor Democrats. Or only listening to news sources that only report the errors that favor the democrats. It's called confirmation bias.

I don't believe anybody here has mentioned Nevada, but thanks for the link anyway. One paragraph I did find interesting in the article is how the lack of transparency of the voting record actuslly makes voting fraud difficult if not impossible to detect. Not to mention the fact that he only looked at one small county in Nevada and then declared the entire state legitimate.
          Last edited by Mountain Man; 05-31-2021, 07:44 AM.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I don't believe anybody here has mentioned Nevada, but thanks for the link anyway. One paragraph I did find interesting in the article is how the lack of transparency of the voting record actuslly makes voting fraud difficult if not impossible to detect. Not to mention the fact that he only looked at one small county in Nevada and then declared the entire state legitimate.
            It was one example. And your 'observation is about as biased as they come. My guess is no matter how many I found you'd still find some way to claim it 'really' supports the Big Lie after all. Maybe ill test that, maybe I'll just not given the time it would take.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I skimmed through your source. Can you show me where they found a glitch that gave the Republicans a bunch more votes than were cast for them like we saw so many times in other states?

Comment

It was one example. And your 'observation is about as biased as they come. My guess is no matter how many I found you'd still find some way to claim it 'really' supports the Big Lie after all. Maybe ill test that, maybe I'll just not given the time it would take.
                Correction: it was one irrelevant example since, first of all, nobody has said anything about Nevada, and secondly, he claimed (rather unconvincingly) that there was no fraud committed in the entire state of Nevada based on his analysis of a single small county, one where even he admitted that the publicly available data, which is all he had access to, is not sufficiently transparent to allow one to reach any definitive conclusions. He also necessarily ignored known irregularities that exist in other counties throughout the state, making his conclusion even more questionable. Clark County is the hotspot for fraud in Nevada since that's where 75% of the state's population resides.

Comment

Correction: it was one irrelevant example since, first of all, nobody has said anything about Nevada, and secondly, he claimed (rather unconvincingly) that there was no fraud committed in the entire state of Nevada based on his analysis of a single small county, one where even he admitted that the publicly available data, which is all he had access to, is not sufficiently transparent to allow one to reach any definitive conclusions. He also necessarily ignored known irregularities that exist in other counties throughout the state, making his conclusion even more questionable. Clark County is the hotspot for fraud in Nevada since that's where 75% of the state's population resides.
                  Any discussion of error that gave Republicans an advantage, or democrats a disadvantage, will be irrelavent to you. The reason is simple. If all we are seeing are random variations that in one area gave a bit of advantage to Republicans and on other areas to democrats, with nothing like the magnitude that would be required to alter the election results, then the Big Lie is just that - a big lie.

But - If you get to cherry pick only those random variations that helped democrats, then you can continue to pretend the Big Lie isn't a lie after all.

The bottom line is the election was sound, secure, and as accurate as possible. Some error is part of every election. But as long as the potential bias introduced by that error is orders of magnitude smaller the election 'signal' itself ( the number of net votes for the winner is much larger than the votes found to be in error) then it just doesn't matter.

And that is and has been the case all along. This sham is about feeding Donald Trump's ego with the consequence of undermining public confidence in the election. It is a fools errand that damages the security and future promise of the nation.

Comment

Any discussion of error that gave Republicans an advantage, or democrats a disadvantage, will be irrelavent to you.
                    I suppose if you want to discuss a hypothetical situation? Because the article you linked to did not suggest that scenario.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      I suppose if you want to discuss a hypothetical situation? Because the article you linked to did not suggest that scenario.
                      I always forget nothing less than a sledge hammer will do with you.

I didn't post my link as evidence of republican fraud. I posted it as evidence for the fact you explain away or ignore any evidence that does not support your belief in the big lie. And - of course - that is exactly what you did. Like the 60+ cases tossed out of court. Like the evidence presented in state after state by election officials, many of them Republicans, that these elections were some of the most secure and accurate ever.

In reality, the folding machine error is not evidence for fraud. It is evidence there was an error made in how those specific ballots where handled. And that is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        I posted it as evidence for the fact you explain away or ignore any evidence that does not support your belief...
                        I did not "explain away or ignore the evidence". On the contrary, I told you precisely why the analysis in question is not sufficient to support the conclusion you prefer. To reiterate, it focused on a single small county and attempted to extrapolate it to the entire state of Nevada (surely I don't need to explain to you why this is bad methodology); it depended on only publicly available information which even the author admitted is not sufficient to detect voter fraud; and, finally, the author ignored the numerous "irregularities" present in other counties throughout the state, in particular Clark County where three quarters of Nevada's population resides.

On the other hand, what we have found in multiple states are significant "irregularities", all of which just happened to favor the Democrat party in general and China Joe Biden in particular. Meanwhile, bad actors in Atlanta, Georgia are doing everything they can to disrupt the vote audit, including what appears be coordination with the onsite security to "stand down" so that unknown persons could break into the building where the ballots are being stored.

Comment

I did not "explain away or ignore the evidence". On the contrary, I told you precisely why the analysis in question is not sufficient to support the conclusion you prefer. To reiterate, it focused on a single small county and attempted to extrapolate it to the entire state of Nevada (surely I don't need to explain to you why this is bad methodology); it depended on only publicly available information which even the author admitted is not sufficient to detect voter fraud; and, finally, the author ignored the numerous "irregularities" present in other counties throughout the state, in particular Clark County where three quarters of Nevada's population resides.

On the other hand, what we have found in multiple states are significant "irregularities", all of which just happened to favor the Democrat party in general and China Joe Biden in particular. Meanwhile, bad actors in Atlanta, Georgia are doing everything they can to disrupt the vote audit, including what appears be coordination with the onsite security to "stand down" so that unknown persons could break into the building where the ballots are being stored.
                          Spooky whispers always get you going, don't they?

Comment

Spooky whispers always get you going, don't they?
                            What was that you were saying about ignoring evidence you don't like?

Comment

What was that you were saying about ignoring evidence you don't like?
                              Your imagination is playing tricks on you MM. I'm not ignoring evidence I don't like. I'm ignoring made up fantasies created out of whole cloth around real events with the goal of creating the illusion of a conspiracy.

You may as well be accusing me of 'ignoring evidence I don't like' because I won't look at the latest you tube video by a fellow claiming to have invented a perpetual motion machine, or John Martin's latest 'evidence' for geocentrism, or or some website's case for the Moon landing being faked.

You are living in a tin-foil hat world hawking tin foil hat conspiracies in support of nonsense that threatens to destroy our country and our way of life.

Comment

I'm ignoring made up fantasies...
                                Not a fantasy, my friend. For the latest incident in Atlanta, these are the indisputable facts: that a door at the building where the ballots are being stored was left unsecured; that both security guards violated a court order by leaving the property for two-hours; and that within 20-minutes of the security guards vacating their post, an unknown person or persons entered the building through the unsecure door.

Make of it what you will, but "coincidence" is the least likely explanation.

Comment