Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The GOP and the man-god Trump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a ton more of these where this came from ...

aaa.jpg

Creepy

Comment

Ew.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Did I hear something about cults and worshiping political icons?
        I have to assume those are intended to be deliberately ironic.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I've seen them for virtually every president for decades, but this is the entire pantheon.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Or ironically iconic?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Not that I cared about the story until the TDS nutjob left brought it up; just another justification for giving this neocon wench the boot. Not only did she propagate the fake news blueAnon story about "Russian threats" in Afghanistan for the sole purpose of disrupting the pullout, but then lied about propagating it afterward.

On July 1, the House Armed Services Committee, of which Rep. Cheney is a member, debated amendments to the National Defense Authorization Act, the bill that authorized $740.5 billion in military spending. One of Cheney's top priorities was to align with the Committee's pro-war Democrats, funded by weapons manufacturers, to block Trump's plan to withdraw all U.S. troops from Afghanistan by the end of 2020 and to withdraw roughly 1/3 of the 34,000 U.S. troops in Germany.

To justify her opposition, Cheney — contrary to what she repeatedly insisted to Baier — cited the CIA's Russian bounty story without skepticism. In a joint statement with Rep. Mac Thornberry (R-TX), ranking member of the House Armed Services Committee, that Cheney published on her website on June 27 — the same day that The New York Times published its first story about the CIA tale — Cheney pronounced herself "concerned about Russian activity in Afghanistan, including reports that they have targeted U.S. forces.” There was nothing conditional about the statement: they were preparing to block troop withdrawal from Afghanistan and cited this story as proof that “Russia does not wish us well in Afghanistan.”
              After today’s briefing with senior White House officials, we remain concerned about Russian activity in Afghanistan, including reports that they have targeted U.S. forces. It has been clear for some time that Russia does not wish us well in Afghanistan. We believe it is important to vigorously pursue any information related to Russia or any other country targeting our forces. Congress has no more important obligation than providing for the security of our nation and ensuring our forces have the resources they need.

An even more definitive use of this Russia bounty story came when Cheney held a press conference to explain her opposition to Trump's plans to withdraw troops. In this statement, she proclaimed that she "remains concerned about Russian activities in Afghanistan.” She then explicitly threatened Russia over the CIA's “bounty” story, warning them that “any targeting of U.S. forces by Russians, by anyone else, will face a very swift and deadly response.” She then gloated about the U.S. bombing of Russia-linked troops in Syria in 2018 using what she called “overwhelming and lethal force,” and warned that this would happen again if they target U.S. forces in Afghanistan:

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                Not that I cared about the story until the TDS nutjob left brought it up; just another justification for giving this neocon wench the boot. Not only did she propagate the fake news blueAnon story about "Russian threats" in Afghanistan for the sole purpose of disrupting the pullout, but then lied about propagating it afterward.
                I suspect she would have latched onto anything to support her hawkish ways.

There's a CBS poll out now that shows the majority of Republicans agree with her ouster, for various reasons. My reason (as a Libertarian) is that she is an unabashed hawk, who would like nothing more than to have the US forever embroiled in foreign conflicts. I say "good riddance" to any public servant who pushes that agenda.

https://www.newsweek.com/majority-re...p-poll-1591924

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                  I’m too stupid to understand this. Can someone please explain it to me? Cheney and stuff?
                  He really lives in your head 24/7, completely rent-free, doesn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I suspect she would have latched onto anything to support her hawkish ways.

There's a CBS poll out now that shows the majority of Republicans agree with her ouster, for various reasons. My reason (as a Libertarian) is that she is an unabashed hawk, who would like nothing more than to have the US forever embroiled in foreign conflicts. I say "good riddance" to any public servant who pushes that agenda.

https://www.newsweek.com/majority-re...p-poll-1591924
                    When it comes to a warmongering hawk, she's as toxic and conniving as they come. It's far more of an indictment against the political left for siding with her just because they believe this is somehow a way of getting even with OMB.
                    Last edited by seanD; 05-17-2021, 08:49 AM.

Comment

The cultish god worship is narrowly focused.

The increasingly vocal protests seven months after Trump lost the White House show how deeply the former president has undermined confidence in the nation’s elections, an attack he began early in the 2020 campaign as state and local officials expanded mail voting in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

Even as national Republican leaders say they want to move on from the last election — a rationale they used to expel Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), a Trump critic, from her leadership post last week — the widespread echoes of Trump’s lie that the election was stolen show how his supporters are keeping that narrative alive.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

When it comes to a warmongering hawk, she's as toxic and conniving as they come. It's far more of an indictment against the political left for siding with her just because they believe this is somehow a way of getting even with OMB.
                        I think the old adage for her type is "war pig."

Comment

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The cultish god worship is narrowly focused.

The increasingly vocal protests seven months after Trump lost the White House show how deeply the former president has undermined confidence in the nation’s elections, an attack he began early in the 2020 campaign as state and local officials expanded mail voting in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

Even as national Republican leaders say they want to move on from the last election -- a rationale they used to expel Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), a Trump critic, from her leadership post last week -- the widespread echoes of Trump’s lie that the election was stolen show how his supporters are keeping that narrative alive.
                            Thank God that four years and over of the left screaming that the 2016 election was illegitimate... that it was stolen... that it was the result of treasonous collusion with the Russians, had no detrimental effect in public confidence in the election process.

We certainly dodged a bullet with that one.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Samoa - Belarus - US Republican Party.
                              .... won’t accept election results.

Comment

Samoa - Belarus - US Republican Party.
                                .... won’t accept election results.
                                You forgot 4 years of Liberals.

Comment