Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Lab Leak: The conspiracy theory is shaping up to look like real possibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    How well would such a tactic work against other scientists? Would it make the accuser look ridiculous like the antifa thugs who kept calling Candace Owens a "white supremacist"?
    I expect that other scientists will be able to disagree with Fauci without attacking Fauci.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I expect that other scientists will be able to disagree with Fauci without attacking Fauci.
      Except this is not a mere gentlemen's disagreement over a scientific hypothesis. Fauci the Fraud was actively covering up the origins of the China flu and his own direct involvement with the Wuhan laboratory which is almost certainly the epicenter of this whole mess.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

How well would such a tactic work against other scientists? Would it make the accuser look ridiculous like the antifa thugs who kept calling Candace Owens a "white supremacist"?

5e29f5c3eb81d.image.jpg
        antifa's "white supremacist"

Apparently the scientific community is a pretty tight-knit group, at least those on the top that are the most influential. Otherwise, Fauci and his group wouldn't have been able to cover this up for so long, so it doesn't really matter how it flies with them. Fauci also knows the political right hates him, so he's mainly targeting to the leftist MSM and the low information political left viewer -- you know, the typical viewer of msnbc. He would never appear on Fox News, for example, and try to pull something like that because he'd get rightly checked.

Comment

According to the MSM (and possibly Fauci himself) disagreeing IS attacking.

And don't forget, Fauci says anyone who attacks him attacks science itself.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

Apparently the scientific community is a pretty tight-knit group, at least those on the top that are the most influential. Otherwise, Fauci and his group wouldn't have been able to cover this up for so long, so it doesn't really matter how it flies with them. Fauci also knows the political right hates him, so he's mainly targeting to the leftist MSM and the low information political left viewer -- you know, the typical viewer of msnbc. He would never appear on Fox News, for example, and try to pull something like that because he'd get rightly checked.
            As I've said many times, the best way to garner a Nobel Prize and get lifetime funding for whatever project strikes your fancy (with your pick of lab assistants), is to show that something that everyone was certain about is completely wrong. Many scientists likely go to bed dreaming of doing just that.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

As I've said many times, the best way to garner a Nobel Prize and get lifetime funding for whatever project strikes your fancy (with your pick of lab assistants), is to show that something that everyone was certain about is completely wrong. Many scientists likely go to bed dreaming of doing just that.
              But that isn't how the system worked in this case apparently. There were indeed multiple scientists countering the official narrative (virus evolution) with their own papers, but they got censored or shunned by the scientific authorities (the publishers that control scientific research and information). How that's possible --- whether it was Fauci's political power or china influence, or a combo of both -- is debatable, but the point is, it doesn't matter what the scientific peons on the bottom think. It's all about those on the top that control the narrative. This is clearly Fauci flailing and doing what he can to maintain control. We'll see how it works out and how effective it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

But that isn't how the system worked in this case apparently. There were indeed multiple scientists countering the official narrative (virus evolution) with their own papers, but they got censored or shunned by the scientific authorities (the publishers that control scientific research and information). How that's possible --- whether it was Fauci's political power or china influence, or a combo of both -- is debatable, but the point is, it doesn't matter what the scientific peons on the bottom think. It's all about those on the top that control the narrative. This is clearly Fauci flailing and doing what he can to maintain control. We'll see how it works out and how effective it is.
                Looks like things are getting exposed. Better late than never.

Comment

According to the MSM (and possibly Fauci himself) disagreeing IS attacking.
                  Can you provide an example?

And don't forget, Fauci says anyone who attacks him attacks science itself.
                  Not exactly. In context, he's saying that the people who have been attacking him have been attacking science. He's not saying that anyone who attacks him is necessarily attacking science.

Source: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/06/09/fauci_attacking_me_is_attacking_science.html

CHUCK TODD: What is your level of concern that we're going to discredit public health officials to the point of, you know -- look at Russia. They actually have a good vaccine and none of their citizens will take it because they don't trust their own government.

ANTHONY FAUCI: It's very dangerous, Chuck, because a lot of what you're seeing as attacks on me, quite frankly are attacks on science.

Because all of the things that I have spoken about consistently from the very beginning have been fundamentally based on science.

Sometimes those things were inconvenient truths for people, and there was push back against me.

So if you are trying to, you know, get at me as a public health official and a scientist, you're really attacking not only Dr. Anthony Fauci, you're attacking science, and anybody that looks at what is going on clearly sees that. You have to be asleep not to see that. That is what is going on. Science and the truth are being attacked.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Except this is not a mere gentlemen's disagreement over a scientific hypothesis.
                    Doesn't matter.

Fauci the Fraud was actively covering up the origins of the China flu
                    I've seen no evidence of that.

and his own direct involvement with the Wuhan laboratory which is almost certainly the epicenter of this whole mess.
                    Calling his relationship with the Wuhan laboratory "direct involvement" is laughable.

Comment

I've seen no evidence of that.
                      Yeah, that tends to happen when someone is determined to be willfully ignorant.

And by the way, are you really such a poor wordsmith that you need to break apart a two sentence post into three chunks just to respond to it? Seriously, man.

Comment

Yeah, that tends to happen when someone is determined to be willfully ignorant.l
                        Nice example of psychological projection.

Comment

Nice example of psychological projection.
                          Not really.

But hey, at least you didn't need to split up a single sentence into multiple parts to respond this time.

Comment

Not really.

But hey, at least you didn't need to split up a single sentence into multiple parts to respond this time.
                            Shills are gonna shill. Though I've never seen a more relentless and obvious shill than Stoic. I'm almost embarrassed for the dude.

Comment

Looks like things are getting exposed. Better late than never.
                              I hope, but I'm still not holding my breath. There's too much at stake for the powers that be to give in. Though I think the truth is being exposed strictly because of God's power and will to expose it (Luke 12:2-3). Though how far it goes to stop all this, I'm doubtful.

Comment

That's because you managed to avoid cramming multiple mistakes into the same sentence, for once.

Comment