Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Then I moved on to Warm Matters University, which was just above Hot Springs College.
    And finally end up at Wossamotta U -- which is across town from State State.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

    Comment


    • I have had a job before. Not showing up doesnt make sense. If you dont show up you cant expect to get paid.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TheWall View Post
        I have had a job before. Not showing up doesnt make sense. If you dont show up you cant expect to get paid.
        My granddaughter got a job at Walgreens. She has heard me say many times how important it is "just to show up". She would always show up READY FOR WORK before it was time to punch in, and save her "call in sick" times for actual emergencies.

        Long story short, in just 3 1/2 years, she has risen from clerk, shift manager, to assistant manager, to manager in training, to pharmacy tech --- and last week the "biggies" came in and had a sitdown with her asking if she was ready for her own store.

        I'm very proud of her, but all she has done was display a really good work ethic, with a good attitude, and demonstrate dependability.
        "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          My granddaughter got a job at Walgreens. She has heard me say many times how important it is "just to show up". She would always show up READY FOR WORK before it was time to punch in, and save her "call in sick" times for actual emergencies.

          Long story short, in just 3 1/2 years, she has risen from clerk, shift manager, to assistant manager, to manager in training, to pharmacy tech --- and last week the "biggies" came in and had a sitdown with her asking if she was ready for her own store.

          I'm very proud of her, but all she has done was display a really good work ethic, with a good attitude, and demonstrate dependability.
          An opposite anecdote, when I worked a summer during college on the campus building crew, there was a guy who always seemed to disappear whenever there was a hard job to be done, and then he'd show up afterwards, usually with a fast food drink in his hand and laughing at all of us suckers for getting our hands dirty. Would you believe he was actually upset when he got fired less than a month later?
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God


          From "Fools Gold" by Petra

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            And that makes sense, because it can translate into so many areas. As opposed to a Poly Sci or Olde English Literature or Bagpiping.



            Spanish is excellent. Not only is it practical, in that we are becoming a more "brown" nation, but it also engages different parts of the brain. My only comment on that would be to recognize that there is "Spain" Spanish and "Mexican" Spanish, and if you speak "Spain" Spanish to our Mexican friends, they're gonna look at you funny.

            You're gonna make it, TW - I know this.

            ETA: One of the RAREST disciplines these days is DEPENDABILITY, and the ability to show up on time for work, stay til the work is done, and STAY OFF THE PHONE!!!!! (rant over)

            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot


            "Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

            My Personal Blog

            My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

            Comment


            • So, back on topic.

              As Ralph Waldo Emerson is credited with saying "When you strike at a king, you must kill him.”

              With regards to the impeachment, we're talking figuratively, of course.

              So, this impeachment sham.

              Was it that the Democrats didn't do their homework?
              Was it that they simply started the public hearings before they got everything lined up?

              In any prosecution, you do your homework. And, you do the homework of the defense, too, to know what you're up against.

              There are SO MANY aspects of this impeachment sham - from Schiff making himself judge, chief prosecutor, jury, media spokesperson -- to the witnesses who didn't say what the Democrats apparently hoped they would say - to the ASSUMPTION that this would turn the tide of public opinion the Democrats' way (it did the opposite) to the really odd way that Schiff "rested" the case by pitching a little hissy and slamming the gavel....

              And even the Democrats know it was a failure, or we wouldn't have Nancy out there announcing "oh, it's not over, we might hear from another witness who says something that will lead to another witness...." (or words to that effect, I've posed them elsewhere)

              So, how many of our TrumpHating Twebbers still think this impeachment sham was powerfully effective?
              How many think it could have been handled differently -- like I've been saying all along, like not using an incredibly divisive partisan like Schiff to be both judge and chief prosecutor?

              How many of you think the Impeachment will continue on, and will actually get handed to the Senate for Trial?
              How many of you think there will be Democrat defectors? OR, Republicans coming on board to vote FOR impeachment?


              Support flips against impeachment as Trump approval rating jumps: Poll


              A new poll shows support for the impeachment of President Trump has declined since public hearings have started.

              The Emerson poll released Thursday found support for impeachment has dropped from 48% to 43% since October, while opposition to impeachment has risen from 44% to 45%.

              Independents are key in the shift, with 49% opposing impeachment and only 34% supporting impeachment. In October, 48% of independents supported impeachment and 39% opposed.

              The poll also showed Trump's approval rating rising to a net positive. Forty-eight percent approved of the president while 47% disapproved. His approval rating was only 43% a month ago.


              Whereas (as much as the TrumpHaters don't like to admit it) Impeachment (as we know it) is an entirely political animal, and
              Whereas the Democrats were obviously convinced they would cause a huge shift in support for Trump's impeachment AND removal, and
              Whereas the public seems weary of this whole thing....

              Do the Democrats push forward? Can they admit they made a mistake? Are they FORCED to continue on in spite of having put on a terrible prosecution?

              Where do you think this will go next?
              "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Well, the first part is your childish false narrative, and the second has nothing whatsoever to do with my request.
                No, the first part is just an obvious fact, you're a Trump supporter, which for some reason you're ashamed to admit, and since Trump obviously has no respect for the law or the constitution, then neither do you my friend.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  No, the first part is just an obvious fact, you're a Trump supporter, which for some reason you're ashamed to admit, and since Trump obviously has no respect for the law or the constitution, then neither do you my friend.
                  You're free to mumble foolishness and false gossip - it's a GREAT country, Jim.
                  "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    So, back on topic.

                    As Ralph Waldo Emerson is credited with saying "When you strike at a king, you must kill him.”

                    With regards to the impeachment, we're talking figuratively, of course.

                    So, this impeachment sham.

                    Was it that the Democrats didn't do their homework?
                    Was it that they simply started the public hearings before they got everything lined up?

                    In any prosecution, you do your homework. And, you do the homework of the defense, too, to know what you're up against.

                    There are SO MANY aspects of this impeachment sham - from Schiff making himself judge, chief prosecutor, jury, media spokesperson -- to the witnesses who didn't say what the Democrats apparently hoped they would say - to the ASSUMPTION that this would turn the tide of public opinion the Democrats' way (it did the opposite) to the really odd way that Schiff "rested" the case by pitching a little hissy and slamming the gavel....

                    And even the Democrats know it was a failure, or we wouldn't have Nancy out there announcing "oh, it's not over, we might hear from another witness who says something that will lead to another witness...." (or words to that effect, I've posed them elsewhere)

                    So, how many of our TrumpHating Twebbers still think this impeachment sham was powerfully effective?
                    How many think it could have been handled differently -- like I've been saying all along, like not using an incredibly divisive partisan like Schiff to be both judge and chief prosecutor?

                    How many of you think the Impeachment will continue on, and will actually get handed to the Senate for Trial?
                    How many of you think there will be Democrat defectors? OR, Republicans coming on board to vote FOR impeachment?


                    Support flips against impeachment as Trump approval rating jumps: Poll


                    A new poll shows support for the impeachment of President Trump has declined since public hearings have started.

                    The Emerson poll released Thursday found support for impeachment has dropped from 48% to 43% since October, while opposition to impeachment has risen from 44% to 45%.

                    Independents are key in the shift, with 49% opposing impeachment and only 34% supporting impeachment. In October, 48% of independents supported impeachment and 39% opposed.

                    The poll also showed Trump's approval rating rising to a net positive. Forty-eight percent approved of the president while 47% disapproved. His approval rating was only 43% a month ago.


                    Whereas (as much as the TrumpHaters don't like to admit it) Impeachment (as we know it) is an entirely political animal, and
                    Whereas the Democrats were obviously convinced they would cause a huge shift in support for Trump's impeachment AND removal, and
                    Whereas the public seems weary of this whole thing....

                    Do the Democrats push forward? Can they admit they made a mistake? Are they FORCED to continue on in spite of having put on a terrible prosecution?

                    Where do you think this will go next?
                    The Dems know what they're doing, but it isn't their job to convince you, it's their job to uncover and present the facts to you. If the american people, like yourself et. al., are no longer able to think for themselves, that's the countries problem, not the Dems.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      You're free to mumble foolishness and false gossip - it's a GREAT country, Jim.
                      Yes, and to your dismay, I'm free to tell it like it is as well. Your support for Trump wouldn't be so bad if you were ignorant, but you're not, so it's very bad.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        The Dems know what they're doing,
                        I'm glad they've convinced you.

                        but it isn't their job to convince you,
                        Actually, since they've made this a public spectacle, is IS their job to convince me. And me in particular, because they are absolutely losing us Independents.

                        it's their job to uncover and present the facts to you.
                        And a rip-roaring job they've done, by golly.


                        If the american people, like yourself et. al., are no longer able to think for themselves, that's the countries problem, not the Dems.


                        Now THAT's a winning strategy --- "Hey Independents, you're too STUPID to see the incredibly powerful case we've laid out [cough sputter], but, hey, vote for us come re-election".



                        "The Dems know what they're doing"

                        A new Emerson poll finds President Trump’s approval has increased in the last month with 48% approval and 47% disapproval, a bounce from 43% approval in the last Emerson National poll in October. Support for impeachment has flipped since October from 48% support with 44% opposing to now 45% opposed and 43% in support. The biggest swing is among Independents, who oppose impeachment now 49% to 34%, which is a reversal from October where they supported impeachment 48% to 39%.


                        But, rest assured, ye gentle merrymen! The Dems know what they're doing!!!
                        "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                        Comment


                        • I have to admit, this gave me quite a chuckle....

                          Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          The Dems know what they're doing...
                          American public loses enthusiasm for impeachment despite blockbuster hearings

                          Democrats hoped it would be the week that Donald Trump was hoist with his own petard.

                          A parade of witnesses, including former aides to the president, strode into Congress to deliver seemingly damning testimony to the impeachment inquiry.

                          But the blockbuster hearings, which reached a huge television audience, appeared instead to have swung public support back towards Mr Trump.

                          A national poll by Emerson College, taken during the hearings, between Nov 17 and Nov 20, found 45 per cent now oppose impeaching the president, with 43 per cent in favour.

                          In October the same poll had a majority, 48 per cent, in favour of impeachment, with 44 per cent opposed.


                          But the Dems know what they're doing - it's the voters who are too stupid to see it.

                          "Trust me! I'm a Democrat!"
                          "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            I'm glad they've convinced you.



                            Actually, since they've made this a public spectacle, is IS their job to convince me. And me in particular, because they are absolutely losing us Independents.



                            And a rip-roaring job they've done, by golly.





                            Now THAT's a winning strategy --- "Hey Independents, you're too STUPID to see the incredibly powerful case we've laid out [cough sputter], but, hey, vote for us come re-election".



                            "The Dems know what they're doing"

                            A new Emerson poll finds President Trump’s approval has increased in the last month with 48% approval and 47% disapproval, a bounce from 43% approval in the last Emerson National poll in October. Support for impeachment has flipped since October from 48% support with 44% opposing to now 45% opposed and 43% in support. The biggest swing is among Independents, who oppose impeachment now 49% to 34%, which is a reversal from October where they supported impeachment 48% to 39%.


                            But, rest assured, ye gentle merrymen! The Dems know what they're doing!!!
                            They're doing what they are supposed to do, regardless of the politics, CP. I know that's probably not somthing that you can understand, but they are carrying out their oath to protect and preserve the constitution. Republicans, on the other hand, including constituents like yourself, are out to protect and serve the dear leader who has proven himself to have no regard for the law or the constitution. Good Job!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              They're doing what they are supposed to do, regardless of the politics, CP.
                              Jim, impeachment, by its very nature, is political. And this one is not only political, but purely partisan. EVERY Republican voted against it, joined by two Democrats.

                              I know that's probably not somthing that you can understand,
                              You do make me smile.

                              but they are carrying out their oath to protect and preserve the constitution.
                              No, that's the lipstick they have painted on this pig.

                              Republicans, on the other hand, including constituents like yourself,
                              You're well aware that I'm a registered Independent, so I'll just chalk this up to more childishness on your part, Jim.

                              are out to protect and serve the dear leader who has proven himself to have no regard for the law or the constitution. Good Job!
                              I'm not protecting Trump, Jim, I'm mocking the Democrats who are shooting themselves in the foot, and only stopping to reload.
                              "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                They're doing what they are supposed to do, regardless of the politics, CP.
                                No, no and no. They're doing what they're doing entirely because of politics and no other reason. There's a great video of clips made up of Democrats letting it slip what this is all about -- keeping Trump from being elected -- but due to their crass language I cannot link to it but you can look up "New RNC ad uses Democrats' own words on impeachment against them" on YouTube

                                I'm always still in trouble again

                                "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Whateverman, Yesterday, 07:17 PM
                                1 response
                                15 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Ronson
                                by Ronson
                                 
                                Started by Whateverman, Yesterday, 04:39 PM
                                1 response
                                17 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Maranatha  
                                Started by Hypatia_Alexandria, Yesterday, 03:30 PM
                                8 responses
                                79 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Starlight  
                                Started by Whateverman, 10-20-2020, 08:11 PM
                                4 responses
                                42 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post Bill the Cat  
                                Started by shunyadragon, 10-20-2020, 07:16 PM
                                28 responses
                                124 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Sparko
                                by Sparko
                                 
                                Working...
                                X