Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You said "the courts". SCOTUS is not "the courts".

Then the lower court ruling stands.

Impeachment is the remedy for that. Unfortunately, the Democrats can't organize a two car funeral procession.
    So you agree then that it is obstruction of Congress and that the Congress can impeach the President for obstruction when he refuses to comply with Congressional subpoenas. Glad we have come to agreement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Are you really so ignorant? If the Supreme Court refuses to hear a case, then the ruling of the lower court stands.
      Congress doesn't have to enforce a subpoena in the courts, their subpoena power is in the Constitution. Bringing it to the court is just a delay tactic of the subject of the subpoena. Trump isn't in non compliance for any valid reasons, he, his administration, has said, both in writing and in public, that they would deny all subpoenas. In other words his only purpose for non compliance is to obstruct the investigation into himself.

Comment

Your best example, please.
        You're support and defense of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          So you agree then that it is obstruction of Congress and that the Congress can impeach the President for obstruction when he refuses to comply with Congressional subpoenas.
          You seem particularly out of it this morning -- snarkiness with zero substance.

Impeachment is the remedy for dealing with the removal of a President, along with the next national election. If the Executive branch doesn't want to cooperate, they can appeal to the Judicial. Otherwise, the House can push forward with impeachment which, obviously, will go nowhere, given that the Senate is controlled by Republicans.

Like I've been telling you - it's all political.

Glad we have come to agreement.
          This is the kind of dishonest (or totally ignorant) poo you fling when you know you've said something really dumb or dishonest. Are you having a bad day, Jim?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• So, we go from...

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            Senate Repubs are doing their best to match or exceed Trump’s lawlessness.
            Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Your best example, please.
            To an absolutely unrelated dumb comment....

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            You're support and defense of him.
            Come on, Jim -- even you can do better than this.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You seem particularly out of it this morning -- snarkiness with zero substance.

Impeachment is the remedy for dealing with the removal of a President, along with the next national election. If the Executive branch doesn't want to cooperate, they can appeal to the Judicial. Otherwise, the House can push forward with impeachment which, obviously, will go nowhere, given that the Senate is controlled by Republicans.

Like I've been telling you - it's all political.

This is the kind of dishonest (or totally ignorant) poo you fling when you know you've said something really dumb or dishonest. Are you having a bad day, Jim?
              I asked you what happens if the court refuses to hear the case against a Congressional subpoena, and you said impeachment is the remedy for that. Glad we agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                Bringing it to the court is just a delay tactic of the subject of the subpoena.
                Even we accept this as true for the sake of argument, so what? Challenging a subpoena in court is a legally legitimate course of action and therefore not obstruction.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I asked you what happens if the court refuses to hear the case against a Congressional subpoena, and you said impeachment is the remedy for that.
                  Well, after all your stumbling around with "the courts", pretending you meant SCOTUS, and everything, you finally seemed to get it.

Glad we agree.
                  We don't, actually. Impeachment is the remedy, but the incredibly partisan Democrats are wielding it unnecessarily, after having made the case in the past that a very partisan impeachment is not justified.

Comment

Well, after all your stumbling around with "the courts", pretending you meant SCOTUS, and everything, you finally seemed to get it.

We don't, actually. Impeachment is the remedy, but the incredibly partisan Democrats are wielding it unnecessarily, after having made the case in the past that a very partisan impeachment is not justified.
                    You seem to be having trouble focusing, CP. What you agreed to was that the remedy for the presidents non compliance with congressional subpoenas, i.e. for his obstruction, is impeachment.

Comment

You seem to be having trouble focusing, CP.
                      Not at all, Jim.

What you agreed to was that the remedy for the presidents non compliance with congressional subpoenas, i.e. for his obstruction, is impeachment.
                      OK, you win.... IMPEACH, you partisan political hacks!!!! FULL SPEED AHEAD!!!! IMPEACHMENT IS THE REMEDY, when you issue phony subpoenas and nobody wants to play your silly game!!!!

feel better?

Comment

The Senators have to swear an oath to god before the Senate trial begins that they will be an impartial jurist, and yet Senator Moscow Mitch has already admitted that there is no way that the Senate will convict and also admitted that he is coordinating with the White House as to exactly how to best handle the process in the defense of the president.
                        So now you are appealing to God?

Comment

If there are so many examples, why did you pick such a bogus one?

Here's the problem --- you're trusting the word of Nadler - the incredibly partisan hypocrite who decried the abuse of impeachment before, but is pressing forward against every pronouncement he's made in the past. Nadler is a liar, and he sleeps through impeachment hearings, and he drools when he dozes.

There is absolutely nothing illegal in what McConnel said -- in order for something to be "lawless", they have to actually be breaking some laws.

Now, find a REAL example.
                          All the Repubs can do is attack the process and the personalities, because they already know, as well as the whole world knows, that Trump is guilty, and he is fighting only for is tarnished brand, while filling his pockets with foreign money from dictators looking for a Trump favour.
                          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                              All the Repubs can do is attack the process and the personalities, because they already know, as well as the whole world knows, that Trump is guilty, and he is fighting only for is tarnished brand,
                              You're still not providing an example. You're just continuing your baseless rant. Yes, Trump is guilty of being a lot of things, none of which, thus far, are impeachable.

while filling his pockets with foreign money from dictators looking for a Trump favour.
                              If you can prove that, you'll help win over the American public that the Democrats need en masse to actually convince the Senate to convict and remove.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                                All the Repubs can do is attack the process and the personalities, because they already know, as well as the whole world knows, that Trump is guilty, and he is fighting only for is tarnished brand, while filling his pockets with foreign money from dictators looking for a Trump favour.
                                If the process is corrupt, then why shouldn't they attack the process?

But they've done considerably more than that, they've also attacked the lack of evidence and the fact that Democrats have never identified an actual crime to charge the President with.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd

Comment