Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    So, are ethnic and racial boundaries, Party boundaries also?
    If so, who are the Party of white Christians?
    Both parties are a majority white and Christian.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      Both parties are a majority white and Christian.
      White, evangelical, non-college educated voters are Trump's base.

https://cookpolitical.com/analysis/n...w-white-voters
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post

Personal experience here in "Pennsyltucky" generally supports that, I guess. Most of the Trump supporters I know check at least two of those boxes, while most of the anti-Trump people I know check at most one. (I am white and evangelical.)
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
          White, evangelical, non-college educated indoctrinated voters are Trump's base.

Edited for accuracy...
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• I watched quite a bit of the Impeachment hearings. Such a big focus was about how badly President Trump treated Marie Yovanovitch and her great hurt. No testimony from her about any impeachable offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Esther View Post
              I watched quite a bit of the Impeachment hearings. Such a big focus was about how badly President Trump treated Marie Yovanovitch and her great hurt. No testimony from her about any impeachable offense.
              There was no testimony from anybody about an impeachable offense. The hearing was almost entirely about personal opinions and disagreements over policy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Edited for accuracy...
                That explains a lot. Ignorance is nothing to be proud of.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Esther View Post
                  I watched quite a bit of the Impeachment hearings. Such a big focus was about how badly President Trump treated Marie Yovanovitch and her great hurt. No testimony from her about any impeachable offense.
                  That is the story told on fox etc ...
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                    That explains a lot. Ignorance is nothing to be proud of.
                    Your ignorant implication being that people with no college education are ignorant

Comment

There was no testimony from anybody about an impeachable offense. The hearing was almost entirely about personal opinions and disagreements over policy.
                      Oh, come on, MM -- ALL of the liberal outlets are rejoicing over the stunning success of the impeachment hearings to bring down Trump!

Why, there's ... um.....

Well, there's the meteoric rise in support for impeachment since the Democrats gave it their all...

support.jpg

impeachment support.jpg

Hmmmm.... interesting --- BEFORE the bombshell hearings, support for impeachment was rising!!!!

was rising.png

But after all that hard work and those incredibly compelling witnesses....

191104_Impeachment-support-oppose_SIDEBAR.jpg
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Your ignorant implication being that people with no college education are ignorant
                        Before Oxmix replys to this I suggest he look up Steve Jobs and his partner and Bill Gates and then try to tell us that college education equals intelligence. and I should add Albert Einstien as well.

For those you who think that college education equals intelligence. I give you 2 names AOC and Starlight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          Here's the deal. There are MANY hard working entrepreneurs out there with little to no college who build successful businesses and then go on to hire other people.

On the other hand, there are MANY abject failures who have burned through their parents' life savings, put themselves deep in debt with student loans, and can't even find a job in their chosen discipline. And many of them end up being some of the most lazy self-centered leftist bigots on the planet.

This use of "non-college educated voters" to disparage persons who happen to be Christian and/or white is absolutely moronic. Just go to many of our college campuses where these "college-educated" morons are acting out and attacking free speech and saying some of the dumbest things with the most venomous hate.

It's getting to where NOT having gone to college may be extolled as a virtue!

This notion that somebody who is "non-college educated" is a steaming pile of horsie poo put forth by college-educated bigots and snobs.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Oh, come on, MM -- ALL of the liberal outlets are rejoicing over the stunning success of the impeachment hearings to bring down Trump!
                            They were so thrilled that a few channels quit televising it about half way through

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                              Before Oxmix replys to this I suggest he look up Steve Jobs and his partner and Bill Gates and then try to tell us that college education equals intelligence. and I should add Albert Einstien as well.

For those you who think that college education equals intelligence. I give you 2 names AOC and Starlight.
                              Ok I want to comment on this. Bill Gates himself has told people to go after higher education. Steve Jobs and Bill Gates dropped out because they had learned what they needed. They were also incredibly skilled businessmen. I grow tired of people thinking that higher education doesnt mean much even though it does. I am trying to get a job. I am seriously considering going back to get a masters. Does having a degree necessitate that you know what you are doing? No. However, education is something I would encourage everyone to persue. The fact that we can learn at all is a gift.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                They were so thrilled that a few channels quit televising it about half way through
                                So, in any successful courtroom prosecution, you can tell the solidness of the case put on by the prosecutor by the way he turns to the jury, then to the judge, and very confidently declares, "your honor, we rest our case!"

Schiff didn't do that ... he gave a goofy nonsense 'closing argument', then he pitched a little fit - we are better than that!" - and slammed his gavel.

Then, Pelosi comes out, apparently disappointed with her boy, and realizing the prosecution fell flat, declared "We aren't finished yet, the day is not over,... you never know what testimony of one person may lead to the need for testimony of another."

They put on their best case on national television, but now they're gonna hunt down more witnesses? That's a Prima Facie admission that "we didn't get the job done".

Put a fork in it - it's done!

Comment