Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Is this the new Pride Flag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the new Pride Flag?

I have only seen this from conservative leaning sources, so I'm asking if anybody knows if this is legit.

pride flag.png

Is this the latest evolution of the Pride Flag?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I have only seen this from conservative leaning sources, so I'm asking if anybody knows if this is legit.

pride flag.png

Could it get more ugly? Disjointed, scattered, incohesive. Just like their souls..
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Could it get more ugly? Disjointed, scattered, incohesive. Just like their souls..
      Why not just replace it with this...
      heinz 57.jpg
      When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post

Why not just replace it with this...
        heinz 57.jpg
        That works!
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I'm just glad it's looking less and less like a rainbow.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

pride flag.png

Not really. A similar flag missing the ring and with an all red "umbrella" (I think that's what it is) was designed a few years ago and seems that it was met with collective yawns. I don't think any major LGBTQ++ group uses it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Not authoritative, but wikimedia (only spot from google image search that returned this image)

Source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:LGBTIQ%2B,_intersex,_trans,_nonbinary,_POC,_sex_work,_HIV_%26_AIDS,_pink_triangle,_disability,_inclusive_diversity_pride_flag.png

This flag is fictitious, proposed, or locally used unofficially. It has not been adopted in an official capacity, and although it may be named as if it was an official flag of a geographical or other entity and have some visual elements that are similar to official logos or flags of that entity, it does not have any official recognition. A flag of this type should not be added to any articles or pages unless it is officially proposed by a government agency, covered by the media, or sees notable local use.

English: This flag is comprised of many different symbols present within the LGBTIQ+ community. From left to right, the multi-colored chevron has the colors of the trans flag. White represents people transitioning, gender-neutral people, gender non-conforming, and non-binary people, pink represents femininity and blue represents masculinity. Chevron also includes brown and black stripes, these stripes represent both people of color, black stripe has also an additional meaning, representing those who are living with HIV and AIDS. The purple circle is surrounded by one yellow circle on its outer side and one on its inner side representing the intersex community. It wraps around the chevron showing that intersex people can be of any gender, race, sexuality, or any other identity. The circle is unbroken and unornamented, symbolizing wholeness and completeness, and the potentialities of intersex people. Colors purple and yellow are used since non of them can be representative, in the traditional sense, of the gender binary. The red umbrella has an eight-part canopy two of which are completely covered by chevron, while the two parts are located directly opposite of the completely covered ones that are not colored red. The umbrella itself represents sex workers and is also in place to represent those activists who were or still are sex workers. The pink triangle represents those of the LGBTIQ+ community who were lost throughout history due to hate crimes, anti-LGBTIQ+ laws, and the plethora of other anti-LGBTIQ+ activities, including the Shoah. Below is the flag of the rights of persons with disabilities. The tricolor flag, colors on it are gold, silver, and bronze, representative of medals awarded at the Paralympic Games, these colors also represent the collective's overcoming of obstacles. Behind the chevron, the ring, and the umbrella there is a nine-stripe pride flag. From top to bottom the colors and their meanings are lavender symbolizing diversity, pink symbolizing sex, red symbolizing love, orange symbolizing healing, yellow symbolizing sunlight, green symbolizing nature, turquoise symbolizing magic, indigo symbolizing serenity, and purple symbolizing spirit.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
                Not authoritative, but wikimedia (only spot from google image search that returned this image)

Source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:LGBTIQ%2B,_intersex,_trans,_nonbinary,_POC,_sex_work,_HIV_%26_AIDS,_pink_triangle,_disability,_inclusive_diversity_pride_flag.png

This flag is fictitious, proposed, or locally used unofficially. It has not been adopted in an official capacity, and although it may be named as if it was an official flag of a geographical or other entity and have some visual elements that are similar to official logos or flags of that entity, it does not have any official recognition. A flag of this type should not be added to any articles or pages unless it is officially proposed by a government agency, covered by the media, or sees notable local use.

English: This flag is comprised of many different symbols present within the LGBTIQ+ community. From left to right, the multi-colored chevron has the colors of the trans flag. White represents people transitioning, gender-neutral people, gender non-conforming, and non-binary people, pink represents femininity and blue represents masculinity. Chevron also includes brown and black stripes, these stripes represent both people of color, black stripe has also an additional meaning, representing those who are living with HIV and AIDS. The purple circle is surrounded by one yellow circle on its outer side and one on its inner side representing the intersex community. It wraps around the chevron showing that intersex people can be of any gender, race, sexuality, or any other identity. The circle is unbroken and unornamented, symbolizing wholeness and completeness, and the potentialities of intersex people. Colors purple and yellow are used since non of them can be representative, in the traditional sense, of the gender binary. The red umbrella has an eight-part canopy two of which are completely covered by chevron, while the two parts are located directly opposite of the completely covered ones that are not colored red. The umbrella itself represents sex workers and is also in place to represent those activists who were or still are sex workers. The pink triangle represents those of the LGBTIQ+ community who were lost throughout history due to hate crimes, anti-LGBTIQ+ laws, and the plethora of other anti-LGBTIQ+ activities, including the Shoah. Below is the flag of the rights of persons with disabilities. The tricolor flag, colors on it are gold, silver, and bronze, representative of medals awarded at the Paralympic Games, these colors also represent the collective's overcoming of obstacles. Behind the chevron, the ring, and the umbrella there is a nine-stripe pride flag. From top to bottom the colors and their meanings are lavender symbolizing diversity, pink symbolizing sex, red symbolizing love, orange symbolizing healing, yellow symbolizing sunlight, green symbolizing nature, turquoise symbolizing magic, indigo symbolizing serenity, and purple symbolizing spirit.

© Copyright Original Source

Thanks, CD.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Not really. A similar flag missing the ring and with an all red "umbrella" (I think that's what it is) was designed a few years ago and seems that it was met with collective yawns. I don't think any major LGBTQ++ group uses it.
                  It may even be a spoof to mock the ever increasing 'ranks' being added.

Comment

My job takes me into neighborhoods with quite a few pride flags. I haven't seen anything like this.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      My job takes me into neighborhoods with quite a few pride flags. I haven't seen anything like this.
                      Probably because they're adding depraved and deranged identifies to the ideology faster than the flag manufacturers can keep up.

Comment

Thanks, CD.
                        No problem. Was trying to see if there was an answer to the "not sure if it's real".

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

No problem. Was trying to see if there was an answer to the "not sure if it's real".
                          It sure looks busy.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                            Just curious, what neighborhoods would those be? I rarely see any sort of flags flying, except official ones at government offices.

Comment

pride flag.png

That would defeat the purpose, wouldn't it? I think a flag is supposed to be relatively simple so it can be easily identified and possibly duplicated.

Comment