Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Democrat Congressman Engages In Insurrection At The Capitol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Well, remember capitol police report to the Speaker of the House, which is McCarthy. So, McCarthy likely has the power to have it released. I don't see it likely for him to protect Bowman.
    Something could still mysteriously happen to it. I mean the Executive Branch was under Trump when he was president and there didn't seem to be any lack of people within it who would try to sabotage things.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Something could still mysteriously happen to it. I mean the Executive Branch was under Trump when he was president and there didn't seem to be any lack of people within it who would try to sabotage things.
      I'm thinking more of all the back room dealing that goes on -- kinda like who has what on whom... or something like that.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

"Executive Branch" is a much, much larger organization than "Capitol Police".

Comment

The fact that they have a still from the video shows that they have the video. It would be hard to claim it disappeared now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I'm thinking more of all the back room dealing that goes on -- kinda like who has what on whom... or something like that.
            This goes back to when Hillary got her mitts on all of those confidential FBI documents on virtually everyone in Washington. Having blackmail info on a bunch of people would go a long way in explaining some of the behavior and votes we've seen since then.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• But you know, if Bowman is clever and knew he was being filmed he could have put on some sort of act, pretending to try to open the door, acting confused and then pull the alarm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

The fact that they have a still from the video shows that they have the video. It would be hard to claim it disappeared now.
                Disappear? No. Got damaged or corrupted... maybe.

Who knew that leaving it setting on top of a powerful electromagnet while we went for a long lunch could damage video tape.

Comment

But you know, if Bowman is clever and knew he was being filmed he could have put on some sort of act, pretending to try to open the door, acting confused and then pull the alarm.
                  I'm still waiting on any of the liberals here to show where Bowman ever said he tried to open the door, or push on it, or anything other than pull the alarm, and apparently remove the signs.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Disappear? No. Got damaged or corrupted... maybe.

Who knew that leaving it setting on top of a powerful electromagnet while we went for a long lunch could damage video tape.
                    Hillary wandered by and it suddenly was blank!

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

"Executive Branch" is a much, much larger organization than "Capitol Police".
                      Still demonstrates that just because someone is supposed to be in charge doesn't mean that those they have authority over accept that or won't go out of their way to screw things up for you. If they get caught they'll still probably fail upward into a new cushy job thanks to their political friends.

Comment

Nah, they could claim that releasing the footage publicly would be a security risk, or that they misplaced the thumb drive the footage was on, or the file became corrupted, or the office cat walked on the keyboard and pressed the delete key. They have any number ways of covering this up if they are so inclined.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I'm still waiting on any of the liberals here to show where Bowman ever said he tried to open the door, or push on it, or anything other than pull the alarm, and apparently remove the signs.
                          His official statement said it.

"Today, as I was rushing to make a vote, I came to a door that is usually open for votes but today would not open," Bowman said in a statement posted on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter.
                          "I am embarrassed to admit that I activated the fire alarm, mistakenly thinking it would open the door. I regret this and sincerely apologize for any confusion this caused."
                          https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-...ol-2023-10-01/

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Nah, they could claim that releasing the footage publicly would be a security risk, or that they misplaced the thumb drive the footage was on, or the file became corrupted, or the office cat walked on the keyboard and pressed the delete key. They have any number ways of covering this up if they are so inclined.
                            Someone did the old Rose Mary Woods stretch and accidentally erased the pertinent part.

Comment

According to Breitbart's anonymous sources, Bowman casually walked up to the doors, removed the signs, briefly pressed the door handle, pulled the alarm, and then ran out of the building through a different exit. The fact that he didn't try the doors again after pulling the alarm would seem to nullify his "I thought pulling the fire alarm would unlock the doors" defense.

Here's what I think happened: He deliberately set off the alarm in order to cause chaos and delay the vote. He removed the signs so he could later claim he didn't know it was an emergency exit because the signs were missing and pressed the door handle thinking that would set off the alarm. When that didn't work, he went to plan B and pulled the fire alarm on the wall before fleeing the scene.
                              Last edited by Mountain Man; 10-02-2023, 03:33 PM.

Comment

His official statement said it.

"Today, as I was rushing to make a vote, I came to a door that is usually open for votes but today would not open," Bowman said in a statement posted on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter.
                                "I am embarrassed to admit that I activated the fire alarm, mistakenly thinking it would open the door. I regret this and sincerely apologize for any confusion this caused."
                                https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-...ol-2023-10-01/
                                It should be easy enough to confirm if those doors were recently converted to an emergency exit. If the answer is no, then we know he's lying.

Comment