Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Who will be the Democrat's candidate come November?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Biden is the only viable candidate since many of the state primaries have already taken place. People have voted for him already. I think they would have a hard time just replacing him at the convention without being able to redo the primaries. If they just swapped all the delegates to another person it would be like invalidating the votes of all of the democrats who voted in the primaries. Unless they can openly admit he is not fit for office and remove him now, then they could declare Harris as POTUS and she could run as the incumbent.

Comment

From what it looks like, pretty much the entire democrat base outside his family wants him gone, save a few, and it's only his family (namely Hunter) who wants him to stay, which means he's probably as good as gone, it's just a matter of time...

Hunter Biden pushing for Joe to stay in race as family discusses campaign’s future at Camp David after debate disaster: report

Hunter Biden is pushing dad President Biden to stay in the presidential race as the family huddles with the 81-year-old prez at Camp David to discuss his options after last week’s debate debacle, a new report says.

Biden’s disgraced convicted son is leading the charge to keep his father running against Donald Trump, claiming he wants the country to see his dad as the man he knows he still is: feisty and able to command, the New York Times said Sunday, quoting sources familiar with the family gathering.

President Biden’s relatives — including his closest adviser, wife Jill — are under no illusions about the debate, sources said.

They know his performance was disastrous, with him mumbling and stumbling over words while also blankly staring into space at times, the sources said. But many of them, including Hunter, believe he still has enough wits about him and the fight in him to win, the outlet said.

Comment

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I think Biden is the only viable candidate since many of the state primaries have already taken place. People have voted for him already. I think they would have a hard time just replacing him at the convention without being able to redo the primaries. If they just swapped all the delegates to another person it would be like invalidating the votes of all of the democrats who voted in the primaries. Unless they can openly admit he is not fit for office and remove him now, then they could declare Harris as POTUS and she could run as the incumbent.
          You got that right me matey! Biden ain't going no where's except for, unfortunately for you backers of the treasonous Autocrat Trump, back in the White House for another 4 years, because of just the reasons you stated. For one, it's too late and complicated a process to switch up, and Biden has no intention of dropping out, but most importantly its because of Bidens amazing record of accomplishments his first time around and there's just no good reason to do anything but to keep such a great and successful administration going.Why would we want to replace that with a failed, rabble-rousering, anti-democracy, treasonous, insurrectionist, loser.

I mean seriously, why on earth would we trade that for this total chaos puppet candidate Trump, whose strings are pulled by the very plutocrats who to serve their own greedy interests are trying to buy their way into the White House by propping up this criminally and morally bankrupt moron as their Autocratic figure head. Like those backing Hitler, these plutocrats think they can control Trump, because though he can act the tuff guy, and though he was born to babble non stop ignorance (both which please his supporting fools) but he really isn't very bright at all, or as the med students might put it, Trump has long suffered from anal/olcranon confusion. No, Biden is in, and Trump is a loser.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post

You got that right me matey! Biden ain't going no where's except for, unfortunately for you backers of the treasonous Autocrat Trump, back in the White House for another 4 years, because of just the reasons you stated. For one, it's too late and complicated a process to switch up, and Biden has no intention of dropping out, but most importantly its because of Bidens amazing record of accomplishments his first time around and there's just no good reason to do anything but to keep such a great and successful administration going.Why would we want to replace that with a failed, rabble-rousering, anti-democracy, treasonous, insurrectionist, loser.

I mean seriously, why on earth would we trade that for this total chaos puppet candidate Trump, whose strings are pulled by the very plutocrats who to serve their own greedy interests are trying to buy their way into the White House by propping up this criminally and morally bankrupt moron as their Autocratic figure head. Like those backing Hitler, these plutocrats think they can control Trump, because though he can act the tuff guy, and though he was born to babble non stop ignorance (both which please his supporting fools) but he really isn't very bright at all, or as the med students might put it, Trump has long suffered from anal/olcranon confusion. No, Biden is in, and Trump is a loser.
            I can't wait till your head explodes after the election if they keep Biden in the race. Their only hope is to dump him and run someone else, like Gavin Newsom (not Harris!)

Comment

I can't wait till your head explodes after the election if they keep Biden in the race. Their only hope is to dump him and run someone else, like Gavin Newsom (not Harris!)

Newsom has turned California into a cesspit that those who can flee are doing so.

I suspect that if they replace old Joe it will be in early October due to health reasons not associated with his cognitive decline. In his place will be a relative unknown (possibly a Governor) that doesn't have any known baggage and there won't be time to vet him or her. The hope is that Americans will gamble on this new face as a better pick than OMB.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Newsom has turned California into a cesspit that those who can flee are doing so.

I suspect that if they replace old Joe it will be in early October due to health reasons not associated with his cognitive decline. In his place will be a relative unknown (possibly a Governor) that doesn't have any known baggage and there won't be time to vet him or her. The hope is that Americans will gamble on this new face as a better pick than OMB.
                Look for a democrat that the MSM in the coming weeks strangely and in unison starts to focus on and lavish with admiration. That could be the clue.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Look for a democrat that the MSM in the coming weeks strangely and in unison starts to focus on and lavish with admiration. That could be the clue.
                  Maybe Hillary will make (another) come-back!

Comment

Maybe Hillary will make (another) come-back!
                    I can definitely see the candidate picking her as VP.

Comment

Except according to Nate Silver's 538 poll - all the other choices do worse against Trump.
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Except according to Nate Silver's 538 poll - all the other choices do worse against Trump.
                        Not to democrats or anyone else desperate NOT to vote Trump but won't vote Biden. Almost anyone would be better than Joe at this point. Maybe ChatGPT.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

I can definitely see the candidate picking her as VP.
                          And the odds of Kamala committing suicide before long would increase sharply.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Kamala's supporters are starting to push back against anyone jumping ahead of her[1] and James Clyburn, the "kingmaker" in 2020 who saved old Joe's campaign from ruin, indicated on MSNBC, that he'll support Kamala if Joe steps aside, and he doesn't want to see her bypassed if Biden doesn't run.

1. maybe Hillary will have some never used "It's Her Turn" campaign material left around from 2016.
                            Last edited by rogue06; Yesterday, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              And the odds of Kamala committing suicide before long would increase sharply.
                              I doubt Harris is going to be the one who makes any decisions.

Comment

here comes the long knives...

Nancy Pelosi: It’s a 'legitimate question' whether Biden's debate performance was a 'condition' or just an 'episode'

Biden's debate appearance — which even close allies admitted was a setback — renewed speculation about whether he should be replaced as the Democratic presidential nominee.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...sts-rcna159993
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment