Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

America's favorite idiot wants to suspend the constitution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

This is where ox's claim comes in that Trump is clever at saying one thing while meaning another.
    Yeah, the "shoot somebody dead in the street" is one of those dumb things Trump said that causes liberals to freak out.

Again - I'm far more concerned about what Trump did than what he said.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

*After the media told people that Trump said that. For full accuracy, Trump went on a stream of consciousness rumination where he said it should be investigated.
      Trump also never said that we should inject bleach into our bodies. He mentioned how a disinfectant can kill the China flu virus in seconds and wondered if there was something similar that could be used as a remedy for humans. It was a goofy thing to say but not nearly as goofy as what his detectors falsely claim he said.
      Last edited by Mountain Man; 12-06-2022, 07:22 AM.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Trump also never said that we should inject bleach into our bodies. He mentioned how a disinfectant can kill the China flu virus in seconds and wondered if there was something similar that could be used as a remedy for humans. It was a goofy thing to say but not nearly as goofy as what his detectors falsely claim he said.
        Kinda like the title of this thread. Did Trump say "I want to suspend the Constitution"?

(Besides, when I saw the thread title, I thought this was about Biden)
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yeah, the "shoot somebody dead in the street" is one of those dumb things Trump said that causes liberals to freak out.

Again - I'm far more concerned about what Trump did than what he said.
          And what he did is somehow 'better'?

(Provoked an insurection, blackmailed foreign presidents, violated the emoluments clause, botched the handling of a deadly pandemic, fostered the spread of numerous false conspiracy theories, undermined public trust in the elections, t called for the suspension of the constitution, disclosed secrets to our enemies, stole extremely classified information, kept it in insecure holding endangering the lives of us operatives worldwide ...)

A shortened list to be sure. And while it is certain there are also some positive things to point out, they pale in comparison to the bad, espaecially jan6 and the utter shattering of confidence in our elections. He has set the stage for abuses and unrest for possibly decades to come.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

And what he did is somehow 'better'?
            Never said that, Jim.

(Provoked an insurection, blackmailed foreign presidents, violated the emoluments clause, botched the handling of a deadly pandemic, fostered the spread of numerous false conspiracy theories, undermined public trust in the elections, t called for the suspension of the constitution, disclosed secrets to our enemies, stole extremely classified information, kept it in insecure holding endangering the lives of us operatives worldwide ...)

A shortened list to be sure. And while it is certain there are also some positive things to point out, they pale in comparison to the bad, espaecially jan6 and the utter shattering of confidence in our elections. He has set the stage for abuses and unrest for possibly decades to come.
            Yes sir, I think we're all fully aware of your intense contempt for Trump. He's certainly not my hero.

Comment

Kinda like the title of this thread. Did Trump say "I want to suspend the Constitution"?

So, reference the thread's title - the linked article simply says...

“A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” he wrote. “Our great ‘Founders’ did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!”

It's a profoundly stupid thing to say, and I condemn it without hesitation, but it doesn't actually say "I want to suspend the Constitution".

Comment

Yes he did. He explicitly suggested that his fantasy of a stolen election called for the suspension of the constitution so as to allow him to return to power. The denial of the truth of that, thr gaslighting of the meaning of his words, is based on the ignorant and infantile proposition that he must have said the precise words "I call for the suspension of the constitution ..." in order to be guilty in that regard.

Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-06-2022, 08:03 AM.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Yes he did. He explicitly suggested that his fantasy of a stolen election called for the suspension of the constitution so as to allow him to return to power. The denial of the truth of that, thr gaslighting of the meaning of his words, is based on the ignorant and infantile proposition that he must have said the words "I call for the suspension of the constitution ..." in order to be guilty in that regard.
                  Nope. Did not.

He said, according to your OP....

“A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” he wrote. “Our great ‘Founders’ did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!”

Again, profoundly stupid, but the thread title is inaccurate. Plus, you're substituting the phrase "called for" for what he actually said - "allows for".

Comment

Yes he did. He explicitly suggested that his fantasy of a stolen election called for the suspension of the constitution so as to allow him to return to power. The denial of the truth of that, thr gaslighting of the meaning of his words, is based on the ignorant and infantile proposition that he must have said the precise words "I call for the suspension of the constitution ..." in order to be guilty in that regard.
                    I truly hope that you are never in a situation where you are tried for something that is PERCEIVED that you said rather than your actual words or the intent of your heart.
                    We're seeing a number of cases where your hatred of Trump is based on what you claim he said or meant rather than his actual words.
                    This is what happens when you look at somebody through the lens of hatred, Jim.

You're in a feedback loop of your own making, Jim --- you're angry at Trump, and that colors your perception of what he said or meant, so that makes you angry, so your perception...

Comment

So, reference the thread's title - the linked article simply says...

It's a profoundly stupid thing to say, and I condemn it without hesitation, but it doesn't actually say "I want to suspend the Constitution".
                      Enter ox's paranoid claim that Trump is clever at saying one thing while meaning another.

Comment

Enter ox's paranoid claim that Trump is clever at saying one thing while meaning another.
                        Can you even imagine how this would play out in a court of law?
                        A) misquote the accused
                        2) declare that you knew exactly what he meant
                        c) get angry at anybody who points out what was actually said in black and white

I saw an old video of Rich Little doing an impersonation of Humphry Bogart in the Caine Munity, absolutely rattled over the fact that nobody saw what he saw.

Comment

Can you even imagine how this would play out in a court of law?
                          A) misquote the accused
                          2) declare that you knew exactly what he meant
                          c) get angry at anybody who points out what was actually said in black and white

I saw an old video of Rich Little doing an impersonation of Humphry Bogart in the Caine Munity, absolutely rattled over the fact that nobody saw what he saw.
                          If anybody is being clever here, it's ox. He can claim that Trump really meant whatever he wants, and nobody can disprove it.

Comment

Jan 6th is the proof it is not a matter of 'some people losing it'. A president that is so reckless as to with forethought foment such an event, and who during it focused their anger on his own running mate and the vice president of the United States is worthy of every word I and others have written warning of his danger to this country and our way of life.
                            J6 was bad but no worse than much of the rioting we've seen from the left over the years. In order to claim otherwise you are forced to chuck a huge chunk of history down a memory hole and hope nobody notices.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              J6 was bad but no worse than much of the rioting we've seen from the left over the years. In order to claim otherwise you are forced to chuck a huge chunk of history down a memory hole and hope nobody notices.
                              So much of "the other side" was suppressed because of the bogus one-sided "we hate Trump" 'investigations'. It will be interesting to see what other details surface if and when the Republicans do their own 'investigation'.

Comment

If anybody is being clever here, it's ox. He can claim that Trump really meant whatever he wants, and nobody can disprove it.
                                Ox is a Trump Whisperer.
                                P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment