Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

America's favorite idiot wants to suspend the constitution

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • America's favorite idiot wants to suspend the constitution

    So, a 2024 presidential hopeful says that we shout suspend the constitution so he can lead us again.



    My question to those of you want to vote for this loon again: when do you get of this train wreck? Or was he right in that his followers love him so much he can shoot a person dead in cold blood and you'll still be his.
    WASHINGTON (AP) — Former President Donald Trump faced rebuke Sunday from officials in both parties after calling for the “termination” of parts of the Constitution over his lie that the 2020 election was stolen.
    Don’t waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear.
    --- Paulo Coelho

  • #2
    George Stephanopolous's guest Congressman did say that wanting to suspend the Constitution was not a deal breaker: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/lead...ry?id=94397805

    That's rather disturbing IMO.

    My most vocally conservative Facebook friend is in support of the remarks, but him and this post just now are the first I've heard of it.
    Last edited by KingsGambit; 12-04-2022, 06:06 PM.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

    Comment


    • #3
      Was that all there was to the quote? No background or context? As it is, it doesn't even make any sense.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

      Beige Federalist.

      Nationalist Christian.

      "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

      Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

      Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

      Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

      Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

      Justice for Matthew Perna!

      Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        So, a 2024 presidential hopeful says that we shout suspend the constitution so he can lead us again.



        My question to those of you want to vote for this loon again: when do you get of this train wreck? Or was he right in that his followers love him so much he can shoot a person dead in cold blood and you'll still be his.
        I haven't seen any other major elected republican support that comment. I'm on the record of telling you I think he's an idiot and narcissist. At this point, I expect, contrary to Liberals opinion, Trump's time has passed.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

          I haven't seen any other major elected republican support that comment. I'm on the record of telling you I think he's an idiot and narcissist. At this point, I expect, contrary to Liberals opinion, Trump's time has passed.
          Many kinda hope it has. I think they were the ones who agreed with him on positions and not so much with the man himself.

          I'm always still in trouble again

          "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            So, a 2024 presidential hopeful says that we shout suspend the constitution so he can lead us again.



            My question to those of you want to vote for this loon again: when do you get of this train wreck? Or was he right in that his followers love him so much he can shoot a person dead in cold blood and you'll still be his.
            Perhaps you should read what Trump actually said:

            “A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” he wrote. “Our great ‘Founders’ did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!”

            He is, in fact, saying the exact opposite of what you and the article claim he is saying. He is saying that the Constitution should be upheld and is accusing those on the left of terminating the "rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution".
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God


            From "Fools Gold" by Petra

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

              Perhaps you should read what Trump actually said:

              “A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” he wrote. “Our great ‘Founders’ did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!”

              He is, in fact, saying the exact opposite of what you and the article claim he is saying. He is saying that the Constitution should be upheld and is accusing those on the left of terminating the "rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution".
              That doesn't appear to be what he's saying. Contextually, he seems to be discussing recourses available for undoing a perceived wrong.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

                That doesn't appear to be what he's saying. Contextually, he seems to be discussing recourses available for undoing a perceived wrong.
                What other context is there? The article doesn't specify, so it seems the statement could be taken either way depending on one's disposition towards Trump.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God


                From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

                  What other context is there? The article doesn't specify, so it seems the statement could be taken either way depending on one's disposition towards Trump.
                  The TruthSocial post starts with "Do you throw the Presidential Election Results of 2020 OUT and declare the RIGHTFUL WINNER", so the context seems plenty clear.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

                    Perhaps you should read what Trump actually said:

                    “A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” he wrote. “Our great ‘Founders’ did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!”

                    He is, in fact, saying the exact opposite of what you and the article claim he is saying. He is saying that the Constitution should be upheld and is accusing those on the left of terminating the "rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution".
                    They're doing some pretty wild spinning. Trump is a Constitutionalist, so there's no way he's calling for it to be overturned. His "great Founders" line shows where his loyalties are.

                    Trump can never be accused of being concise. I'm sure he'll be along shortly to try to clarify what he said. But his stubborn fixation on the 2020 results are going to be his undoing.
                    "You should just assume going forward that if I am ever wrong it is a typo" - Backup
                    "
                    Reality simply does not change based upon consensus or desire." - rogue

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

                      That doesn't appear to be what he's saying. Contextually, he seems to be discussing recourses available for undoing a perceived wrong.
                      I didn't see him mention any recourse. He seemed to be saying that fraudulent elections are terminating "rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution..." He's still whining about the 2020 election; he can't get past it.
                      "You should just assume going forward that if I am ever wrong it is a typo" - Backup
                      "
                      Reality simply does not change based upon consensus or desire." - rogue

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

                        Perhaps you should read what Trump actually said:

                        “A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” he wrote. “Our great ‘Founders’ did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!”

                        He is, in fact, saying the exact opposite of what you and the article claim he is saying. He is saying that the Constitution should be upheld and is accusing those on the left of terminating the "rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution".
                        Hrm. While I can see that as an alternate interpretation, it seems to me that the more natural one given the structure would be him saying that the rules/regulations/articles/Constituton should be terminated to fix the issues he thinks there are.

                        On the other hand, it's possible he just phrased it poorly. It happens, and Trump certainly has a history of not looking over his own Tweets very well (remember covfefe?).

                        Here's the full Tweet, for the record, as the article frustratingly doesn't show a picture of it, show the text, or link to it:

                        "So, with the revelation of MASSIVE & WIDESPREAD FRAUD & DECEPTION in working closely with Big Tech Companies, the DNC, & the Democrat Party, do you throw the Presidential Election Results of 2020 OUT and declare the RIGHTFUL WINNER, or do you have a NEW ELECTION? A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution. Our great “Founders” did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!"

                        Link:
                        https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldT...49803240069864

                        I don't think the greater context of the sentence in the tweet sheds more light on it though. It still is a bit ambiguous. From the way it's written the "suspend the Constitution" makes more sense, but on the other hand that's such an extreme thing to declare that even with my low opinion of him, I'd find it odd if that was Trump's intent.
                        Last edited by Terraceth; 12-04-2022, 07:52 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Ronson View Post

                          They're doing some pretty wild spinning. Trump is a Constitutionalist, so there's no way he's calling for it to be overturned. His "great Founders" line shows where his loyalties are.

                          Trump can never be accused of being concise. I'm sure he'll be along shortly to try to clarify what he said. But his stubborn fixation on the 2020 results are going to be his undoing.
                          Trump is not remotely a Constitutionalist.

                          Hell, the dude literally said he's fine with stripping people's 2nd amendment rights and asking questions later.
                          "When you're attacking FBI agents because you're under criminal investigation, you're losing"
                          -Trump Press Secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders


                          "So when you actually get the virus, you're going to start producing antibodies against multiple pieces of the virus. So, your antibodies are probably better at that point than the vaccination."
                          - Pfizer Scientist Chris Croce

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

                            Trump is not remotely a Constitutionalist.

                            Hell, the dude literally said he's fine with stripping people's 2nd amendment rights and asking questions later.
                            I'd like to see the quote

                            Never mind ... I am reading it now
                            "You should just assume going forward that if I am ever wrong it is a typo" - Backup
                            "
                            Reality simply does not change based upon consensus or desire." - rogue

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Ronson View Post

                              I didn't see him mention any recourse. He seemed to be saying that fraudulent elections are terminating "rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution..." He's still whining about the 2020 election; he can't get past it.
                              It seems to me that he's saying that we shouldn't let rules, including the Constitution, get in the way of throwing the 2020 presidential election results out and declaring the "rightful winner", or having a new election.

                              But I'll grant that there is always some ambiguity in his writing.

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Cow Poke, Today, 09:45 AM
                              6 responses
                              45 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by Cow Poke, Today, 09:13 AM
                              21 responses
                              97 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Cow Poke  
                              Started by CivilDiscourse, Yesterday, 04:29 AM
                              3 responses
                              42 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Gondwanaland  
                              Started by Starlight, 01-28-2023, 10:15 PM
                              67 responses
                              333 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by seer, 01-27-2023, 07:58 PM
                              133 responses
                              721 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Working...
                              X