Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Election Denier elected to replace Nancy Pelosi as House Democrat leader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I think it was Philadelphia that mastered the "misplaced ballot box" that would get found in the trunk of a poll worker that always happened to be stuffed full of ballots for the Democrat candidate with nary a vote for the Republican. Not a single contrarian in the entire precinct.
    I saw an article recently that recognized Philadelphia as the King of voter screwups, or something like that....

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I saw an article recently that recognized Philadelphia as the King of voter screwups, or something like that....
      "Screw ups" implies mistakes.

These are very intentional.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

"Screw ups" implies mistakes.

These are very intentional.
        Well, yeah, but I was trying to be at least a tad bit charitable. I'll try to find that article, because it lists a bunch of examples.

Something like this -
        Pennyslvania's Ballot-Harvesting Capital
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Maybe the Presidential election should be a lottery!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Maybe the Presidential election should be a lottery!!!
            Instead of numbers on the balls put in an equal number of red and blue balls in and the first side to get four balls wins.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Instead of numbers on the balls put in an equal number of red and blue balls in and the first side to get four balls wins.
              Nah. everyone can just buy a ticket and if your numbers are drawn, you get to be POTUS!

Comment

Nah. everyone can just buy a ticket and if your numbers are drawn, you get to be POTUS!
                Like I've said before, we have two local towns where they auction off the mayor's hat, and whoever wins gets to be mayor.

Comment

I think it was Philadelphia that mastered the "misplaced ballot box" that would get found in the trunk of a poll worker that always happened to be stuffed full of ballots for the Democrat candidate with nary a vote for the Republican. Not a single contrarian in the entire precinct.
                  In this time of election conspiracy nonsense, it would be best to provide some level of official validation for such events and of the fact they were actually nefarious ....
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

In this time of election conspiracy nonsense, it would be best to provide some level of official validation for such events and of the fact they were actually nefarious ....
                    OR, I have an idea!!! How bout actually doing things in such a way that it would be difficult for a conspiracy theorists to make any reasonable accusations of wrongdoing!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

OR, I have an idea!!! How bout actually doing things in such a way that it would be difficult for a conspiracy theorists to make any reasonable accusations of wrongdoing!
                      What like checking ID's and making people vote in person if they can? No way, Jose!!! That would make too much sense.

Comment

What like checking ID's and making people vote in person if they can? No way, Jose!!! That would make too much sense.
                        That's also racist!!!
                        We know J6 wasn’t peaceful because they didn’t set the building on fire.

Comment

The 2016 was fair. The problem was that the Russkies influenced the vote. Trump was always and remains Putin’s pal. Many Americans don’t believe or don’t care about that.

The stolen 2020 election rhetoric is not comparable.

CP is wrong again.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                            The 2016 was fair. The problem was that the Russkies influenced the vote. Trump was always and remains Putin’s pal. Many Americans don’t believe or don’t care about that.

The stolen 2020 election rhetoric is not comparable.

CP is wrong again.
                            What did I say that was wrong?

Comment

As long as you are willing to pay for transportation for those needing it, and to make sure the issues for some with getting proper ID are also mitigated.

The reason these sorts of requirements are pushed back on is that they ALWAYS limit access to the poor and minorities over white middle class. So to increase the security, there need to be sufficient mitigations for those for whom they present a hardship to preclude those requirements biasing the vote..
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                                As long as you are willing to pay for transportation for those needing it, and to make sure the issues for some with getting proper ID are also mitigated.
                                I believe a number of us have already said yes to that, and a number of jurisdictions already help with that.

The reason these sorts of requirements are pushed back on is that they ALWAYS limit access to the poor and minorities over white middle class. So to increase the security, there need to be sufficient mitigations for those for whom they present a hardship to preclude those requirements biasing the vote..
                                Liberal talking point #57,231

It's amazing that liberals think minorities are too stupid to get some form of valid ID, or too poor, or they don't ever go to the grocery store or gas station or anywhere else in public. I don't know of any conservative who would say "they need to have a valid ID, but dalgurn it, we're going to make it as difficult as we can".

Comment