Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Election Denier elected to replace Nancy Pelosi as House Democrat leader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election Denier elected to replace Nancy Pelosi as House Democrat leader

Hakeem Jeffries elected to replace Nancy Pelosi as House Democrat leader in next Congress

House Democrats voted Wednesday to make Rep. Hakeem Jeffries their leader in the next Congress, replacing 82-year-old Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

Jeffries won the post in an uncontested election after Pelosi and the two other incumbent members of the Democratic leadership, Majority Leader Steny Hoyer and Majority Whip Jim Clyburn, opted to step down. Jeffries, a 52-year-old New Yorker, will be the first African American to serve as House Democratic leader.

"Leadership is incredibly important," said Jeffries. "When we get an opportunity as diverse leaders to serve in positions of consequence, the most meaningful thing we can do in that space is an incredibly good job."

Election denier Hakeem Jeffries could replace Pelosi as House Dem leader

Hakeem Jeffries announced Friday he's running to lead Democrats in the next Congress. He appears to have a clear path to the job since no other challenger has emerged so far, and he has won praise from several Democrats.

But Jeffries was one of many Democrats who questioned whether Trump legitimately won the 2016 election due to alleged Russian interference and collusion. He often made statements about Trump's 2016 victory that are similar to claims Trump made about the 2020 race being stolen.

"The more we learn about 2016 the more ILLEGITIMATE it becomes," Jeffries tweeted from his congressional account in 2018. "America deserves to know whether we have a FAKE President in the Oval Office."
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 11-30-2022, 02:30 PM.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Hakeem Jeffries elected to replace Nancy Pelosi as House Democrat leader in next Congress

House Democrats voted Wednesday to make Rep. Hakeem Jeffries their leader in the next Congress, replacing 82-year-old Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

Jeffries won the post in an uncontested election after Pelosi and the two other incumbent members of the Democratic leadership, Majority Leader Steny Hoyer and Majority Whip Jim Clyburn, opted to step down. Jeffries, a 52-year-old New Yorker, will be the first African American to serve as House Democratic leader.

"Leadership is incredibly important," said Jeffries. "When we get an opportunity as diverse leaders to serve in positions of consequence, the most meaningful thing we can do in that space is an incredibly good job."

Hakeem Jeffries announced Friday he's running to lead Democrats in the next Congress. He appears to have a clear path to the job since no other challenger has emerged so far, and he has won praise from several Democrats.

But Jeffries was one of many Democrats who questioned whether Trump legitimately won the 2016 election due to alleged Russian interference and collusion. He often made statements about Trump's 2016 victory that are similar to claims Trump made about the 2020 race being stolen.

"The more we learn about 2016 the more ILLEGITIMATE it becomes," Jeffries tweeted from his congressional account in 2018. "America deserves to know whether we have a FAKE President in the Oval Office."
    let's see, the 2016 election is the one where Trump tried to get Russia to dig up dirt in Hillary and Russia had a heavy hand trying to steer the contest towards Trump. And you are saying expressing concerns about that is 'the same' as sowing doubt and discord for months before the election, refusing to concede after every legal challenge failed, inciting some even to seditious conspiracy, inciting an insurrection, trying to get election officials in Georgia to find votes, and so on?

Total fantasy.

My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

let's see, the 2016 election is the one where Trump tried to get Russia to dig up dirt in Hillary and Russia had a heavy hand trying to steer the contest towards Trump. And you are saying expressing concerns about that is 'the same' as sowing doubt and discord for months before the election, refusing to concede after every legal challenge failed, inciting some even to seditious conspiracy, inciting an insurrection, trying to get election officials in Georgia to find votes, and so on?

Total fantasy.
      wow
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Some election are more fair and free than others.
        P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Total fantasy.
          So you're admitting to be an election denier as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

So you're admitting to be an election denier as well?
            No. I don't think there was enough influence from Russia to have affected the outcome. Trump won. Biden won. Our election systems and more over our elections officials and volunteers have done exemplary jobs in making sure our elections are fair, accurate, and secure. And that is that.

My only point here is that those that had concerns about Russian involvement in 2016 cant be equated to the out and out insanity that was 2019 through the present day in terns of unfounded accusations and overt interference in the process. To call Jeffries an election denier of the same ilk as what we see parading around these days on the republican side of the isle is simply fantasy.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

No. I don't think there was enough influence from Russia to have affected the outcome. Trump won. Biden won. Our election systems and more over our elections officials and volunteers have done exemplary jobs in making sure our elections are fair, accurate, and secure. And that is that.

My only point here is that those that had concerns about Russian involvement in 2016 cant be equated to the out and out insanity that was 2019 through the present day in terns of unfounded accusations and overt interference in the process. To call Jeffries an election denier of the same ilk as what we see parading around these days on the republican side of the isle is simply fantasy.
              So, it's OK to be an "election denier" as long as you're not as bad as the worst election deniers?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

So, it's OK to be an "election denier" as long as you're not as bad as the worst election deniers?
                Didn't say that did I?

But if it needs clarification, what I mean is that questioning an election based on evidence is not what makes someone an election denier. It is refusing to accept the realities and results of those investigations and court challenges that follow. Continuing long after the fact to sow unsubstantiatable claims of surety that the election was stolen in spite of those results that makes a person an election denier.

Is that what Jeffries did? is that what he is still doing years after the fact?

Comment

Didn't say that did I?
                  Came about as close without.

But if it needs clarification, what I mean is that questioning an election based on evidence is not what makes someone an election denier. It is refusing to accept the realities and results of those investigations and court challenges that follow. Continuing long after the fact to sow unsubstantiatable claims of surety that the election was stolen in spite of those results that makes a person an election denier.

Is that what Jeffries did? is that what he is still doing years after the fact?
                  Do you know the answers to those questions?

Comment

Total fantasy.
                    So then which year was it that Hillary Clinton and the Democrats paid for a "dossier" full of phony stories and had it passed off as a legitimate intelligence report which was used as the basis to try to bring down a duly elected sitting president?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Some of those quotes came well after the election. During the time those in Congress knew that there was no evidence to back those charges. IIRC, that was when Eric Swalwell was publicly asking for anyone who might have some dirt on Trump to step forward, pretty much making it clear even then how they new that the claims they were making were not based in fact.

But that didn't even give them pause to their election denialism

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Didn't say that did I?

Is that what Jeffries did?
                        Yes. It is.
                        is that what he is still doing years after the fact?
                        Yes, he has been doing it years after the fact. At least 2-3 years after the fact.

Comment

Nope, I call Jefferies an election denier because he has denied the 2016 results for multiple years, just like the 2020 deniers have. Indeed he was still posting his election denialism at least till 2018 (and likely longer), which is the same amount of time that current 2020 deniers have been doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Nope, I call Jefferies an election denier because he has denied the 2016 results for multiple years, just like the 2020 deniers have. Indeed he was still posting his election denialism at least till 2018 (and likely longer), which is the same amount of time that current 2020 deniers have been doing.
                            Ugh. Just another round of "we can't deny how bad we are, so let's see if we can find someone that's a Democrat and has done something we can pretend is just as bad as what we've done."

I'm not buying it.

Comment

Ugh. Just another round of "we can't deny how bad we are, so let's see if we can find someone that's a Democrat and has done something we can pretend is just as bad as what we've done."

I'm not buying it.
                              Sorry, I'm not a Republican. Both of y'all morons are pushing election denialism. Your boy in the OP is one of them. Sorry you can't handle that being exposed and want to handwave it away.

Comment