Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

World War Three?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Guys, we got it all wrong. Putin didn't invade Ukraine. He invaded Russia!

Russia ... Ukraine ... Iran[1].

At this point, what difference does it make?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Russia ... Ukraine ... Iran[1].

At this point, what difference does it make?

Rushikranianabelaruspoland.

Comment

Rushikranianabelaruspoland.
          Russukraniran?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Russukraniran?
            the thing.

Comment

the thing.
              And who can forget ... Trunalimunumaprzure!

Comment

And who can forget ... Trunalimunumaprzure!
                Oh look sweetie, aren't the little children so cute out there on the playground ...
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Well, this sure ain't good...

Kamala Harris heads to Poland amid Nato fighter jet rift

Note the timing...

Ukraine Is Ready for 'Diplomatic Solution,' Aide Says

Comment

• I don't know why they keep sending Harris. She is an incompetent diplomat.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                      Whilst Putin's Kremlin is taking to warn Russian citizens that they may be put in prison for 15 years for calling the war in Ukraine a 'war' or an 'invasion', under the new law they passed:https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-cr...040014673.html

....his troops are now turning to bombing hospitals:
                      https://www.yahoo.com/news/childrens...163911017.html
                      Ukraine: Children’s hospital ‘completely destroyed’ by Russian bombs in Mariupol

A maternity and children’s hospital in the Ukrainian city of Mariupol has been destroyed by Russian air strikes, officials say.

At least 17 people have been wounded including women in labour and staff, according to Ukrainian authorities.

The city council said the damage was “colossal”.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky condemned the strike as an “atrocity” and said there were children beneath the rubble.

He reiterated his call for Western nations to impose a no-fly zone over the country.

https://twitter.com/ZelenskyyUa/stat...79520633102349

“How much longer will the world be an accomplice ignoring terror?” he tweeted.

“Close the sky right now! Stop the killings! You have power but you seem to be losing humanity.”

Screenshot%202022-03-09%20at%2015.34.00.png

The hospital was reportedly hit by a series of blasts, which blew out windows and ripped away much of the front of one building.

Emergency teams were seen carrying out a bleeding, heavily pregnant woman on a stretcher.

Russia has denied targeting civilians – but Ukrainian authorities say at least 1,170 have been killed in Mariupol since the start of the invasion.

Bodies are being buried in a mass grave because morgues are full.

Russian troops have been laying siege to the southern port city for days.

Thousands of people have been without power, sanitation and basic necessities for almost a week.

According to president Zelensky, a child died of dehydration after the Russian military cut off the water supply.

There have been several attempts to get trapped residents out, but Ukraine says Russian shelling is still stopping people from leaving.

It has accused Russian forces of breaking ceasefire agreements and bombing an evacuation route for civilians.

Ukraine’s foreign minister said Russia was holding over 400,000 residents “hostage” in the city, blocking aid and escape routes.

Dmytro Kuleba wrote on twitter: “Indiscriminate shelling continues. Almost 3,000 newborn babies lack medicine and food. I urge the world to act.”

Capturing Mariupol could allow Moscow to establish a land corridor to Crimea, which Russia seized from Ukraine in 2014.

189226.jpg?v=1646854963.jpg

Comment

• More about those places the State Department was trying con Poland into sending to Ukraine:

Pentagon Spokesperson John Kirby held a press briefing today (full video below) to underscore the U.S. military does not support the sending of any NATO planes into Ukraine. “The intelligence community has assessed that the transfer of MiG-29s to Ukraine may be mistaken as escalatory and could result in significant Russian reaction that might increase the prospects of a military escalation with NATO,” Kirby said. “Therefore, we also assess that the transfer of MiG-29s to Ukraine to be high risk,” he continued.

Now ask yourself this question:
                        How could the transfer of MiG-29’s evolve from a “green light” position by the U.S. State Department Sunday, into a “high risk” assessment by the Pentagon today?

This is the question that no U.S. media will touch, because the answer is almost too jaw-dropping to contemplate.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...i-with-russia/
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          More about those places the State Department was trying con Poland into sending to Ukraine:

Pentagon Spokesperson John Kirby held a press briefing today (full video below) to underscore the U.S. military does not support the sending of any NATO planes into Ukraine. “The intelligence community has assessed that the transfer of MiG-29s to Ukraine may be mistaken as escalatory and could result in significant Russian reaction that might increase the prospects of a military escalation with NATO,” Kirby said. “Therefore, we also assess that the transfer of MiG-29s to Ukraine to be high risk,” he continued.

How could the transfer of MiG-29’s evolve from a “green light” position by the U.S. State Department Sunday, into a “high risk” assessment by the Pentagon today?

This is the question that no U.S. media will touch, because the answer is almost too jaw-dropping to contemplate.

It would be interesting if anyone could dispute that and offer a better explanation for the discord between all those parties mentioned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            More about those places the State Department was trying con Poland into sending to Ukraine:

I don't buy their explanation. We're literally sending Javelins, etc.. letting Ukrainians fly Polish planes over can't be much worse.

I think Blinken was talking out his butt, got his bluff called by poland, and then got told by the Pentagon they werent interested in such a trade of our fighters to Poland

Comment

• Serious question...

After the colossal series of catastrophic FUBARs that was the Afghan withdrawal, why in the $@#&%# do Blinken and Milley still have jobs in this or any Administration?

Comment

• Absolutely appalling no one would deny that. I wonder if Russia will claim it was "human error" as the US did in Kunduz in 2015?
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                The things that you're liable
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life
                                Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment