Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

World War Three?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that the U.S. has acknowledged that Russia has begun invading Ukraine, they have begun to take action.

The first move...

We have unleashed...

a meme.

Yup. From the State Department through our embassy in Kyiv:

POW! Take that Putin! I mean he didn't even see that one coming. Bet it sent him reeling from the power of that response.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      POW! Take that Putin! I mean he didn't even see that one coming. Bet it sent him reeling from the power of that response.
      Oh my goodness...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Oh my goodness...
        I'm not implying, much less saying, that we should have responded forcibly, but for this to be our first response picardfacepalmthumb.jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm not implying, much less saying, that we should have responded forcibly, but for this to be our first response picardfacepalmthumb.jpg

Childish. Maybe we should moon them, too?

Comment

Now that the U.S. has acknowledged that Russia has begun invading Ukraine, they have begun to take action.

The first move...

We have unleashed...

a meme.

It would be better to do nothing at all than this stupidity. How embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
              Childish. Maybe we should moon them, too?
              Short sheeting was always a favorite of mine.

Comment

Short sheeting was always a favorite of mine.
                We can also tie tin cans to the back of one of their tanks, toilet paper their yards, and have pizzas delivered to the Kremlin.

Comment

Originally posted by Esther View Post
                  I wonder what would happen should the Ukraine simply passively submit themselves to Russian rule. What would be so bad about that? Surely lives and a lot of misery would be spared and they can just carry on business as usual without the constant threat because they have surrendered?
                  That's what Joe is actively trying to prevent with his harsh sanctions against Eastern Ukraine. He would prefers war to a peaceful resolution.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The first move...

We have unleashed...

a meme.

I don't get it.

Comment

Freedom is one of the things worth fighting for.
                      That is I suppose really also part of my question? What freedom does the Ukraine have and what freedoms will be taken away under Putin's rule and control? I am thinking the Ukraine will be better off to just surrender.

No war, no misery and bloodshed and the usual senseless casualties of war.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I don't get it.
                        Apparently it is a slam on Russia's claim that Ukraine was originally a part of Russia by showing they were around before Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

If I was a Ukrainian, I wouldn't want a distant Moscow ruling my country. For the same reason American colonies revolted against King George.

Besides, I doubt Putin is interested in all of Ukraine. He wants the eastern portion that makes a good pathway to Crimea.
                          Sure but would it be worth the war and misery? Rather some dislike and discomfort but avoid full blown war. Dead people have no preferences and cannot fight.

Surely by now (in this day and age) unless in the army of the Lord kind of thing, resistance is futile against the massive onslaught/slaughter waged if they do not surrender.

Comment

Apparently it is a slam on Russia's claim that Ukraine was originally a part of Russia by showing they were around before Russia.
                            Huh. Sick burn, I guess.

Comment

Sure but would it be worth the war and misery? Rather some dislike and discomfort but avoid full blown war. Dead people have no preferences and cannot fight.

Surely by now (in this day and age) unless in the army of the Lord kind of thing, resistance is futile against the massive onslaught/slaughter waged if they do not surrender.
                              I don't much care what path Ukraine decides to take, but I will say I'm glad our Founding Fathers didn't think surrender was preferable to fighting for independence.

The question is, what do the people of Ukraine want? Do they want to surrender peacefully, or stand up to the Russian army?

Comment

When you give in to a bully, you just encourage him to keep bullying you and go on to bully others. If Ukraine just give up their sovereignty, Russia will continue to take over other countries it thinks it should own.

Comment