Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

World War Three?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    I seriously doubt China would try to intercept an official US aircraft. It could easily go awry and send it into a nosedive and kill those on board. Extremely, extremely risky stunt.

And yes, as much as I detest Pelosi, I think that would necessitate war.
    KAL007. Different in many ways but similar as well

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I seriously doubt China would try to intercept an official US aircraft. It could easily go awry and send it into a nosedive and kill those on board. Extremely, extremely risky stunt.

And yes, as much as I detest Pelosi, I think that would necessitate war.
      Not only do I not buy the idea the Dems would sacrifice their political queen, I don't buy the idea Pelosi would personally take the risk if she didn't have assurances there was no risk. I have zero belief there's even a smidgen of honor and courage in that woman's body. The whole thing stinks.
      Last edited by seanD; 07-30-2022, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        KAL007. Different in many ways but similar as well
        More dissimilar, IMO. South Korea isn't a superpower, the Soviets were famously paranoid about protecting its airspace, and there were no threats about shooting down the aircraft. Actually, I believe the Soviets were embarrassed about it and probably rolled a few heads over the incident.

Comment

• Everyone's worried about military action. China could always dump US treasuries into an already unstable bond market with out of control inflation.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

Not only do I not buy the idea the Dems would sacrifice their political queen, I don't buy the idea Pelosi would personally take the risk if she didn't have assurances there was no risk. I have zero belief there's even a smidgen of honor and courage in that woman's body. The whole thing stinks.
            She's on the verge of retirement (explaining why her husband has ratcheted up the insider trading the past few years since that will be ending), so I don't think the Democrats in general care that much. In fact, the rising leadership, the squad, would literally toss her aboard while painting a bull's eye on the plane if they figured they'd get something out of it.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• The Taiwan stopover is no longer listed on Pelosi's itinerary. I thought all that Botox made it virtually impossible for her to blink.

Comment

• Ukraine, Trump said, "could have given up Crimea. They could have done something with NATO, 'OK, we're not gonna join NATO,' and you'd have a country, because I believe Putin wanted to make a deal."

Trump said he believes Putin no longer wants to make a deal.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/do...01/id/1081272/

Exactly right. It was all about Crimea. Trumps knows it, and Biden possibly knows it (his advisors are hawks or idiots).

Russia was the giant on the border that had to be acknowledged. Putin wanted Crimea back, officially, and assurances it would not be challenged later. Russia already occupies it so nothing really would have changed. Putin was ready for that deal and Zelensky (probably with goading from the current globailsts and hawks) said "no." Now it is a smoldering death hole and Putin appears to be angling for the whole country now - or at least, a sizeable portion that will leave Ukraine a tiny enclave around Kyiv.

Stupid moves by stupid people.

Comment

• I think a lot of people have come to regret goading Putin into a fight. Remember the nonsense about "The winner of this war will be the one who tells the best story"? I think Joe and his handlers really believed they could win with Twitter and Facebook, that Putin would quickly back down to save his reputation, and that Joe would be celebrated as a victorious wartime president, but they have slowly come to the realization that Putin doesn't care and plans to win this fight in the traditional manner.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    I think a lot of people have come to regret goading Putin into a fight. Remember the nonsense about "The winner of this war will be the one who tells the best story"? I think Joe and his handlers really believed they could win with Twitter and Facebook, that Putin would quickly back down to save his reputation, and that Joe would be celebrated as a victorious wartime president, but they have slowly come to the realization that Putin doesn't care and plans to win this fight in the traditional manner.
                    What a lot of Democrats seem to be oblivious to these days, is that rhetoric achieves little that is positive but can create huge problems. Whenever they spot some non-woke thing going on in the world, some non-western attitude or behavior, they quickly run to the pulpit and start denouncing. To pervert a Teddyism, they have a big voice but carry a little stick.

They deny reality that might makes right, and Russia is mightier than Ukraine. Whether or not they wanted this war to appease the Military Industrial Complex or just because they're stupid, the result has been disaster.

One can't stand on principle if it means losing everything including your life, which has been Zelensky's game. Because he wouldn't give up Crimea he's going to lose everything now. What a moron. Unless he's stuffing his pockets with US dollars and booking a flight for Martha's Vineyard. he's an idiot and responsible for the deaths of countless Ukrainians.

Comment

• I don't think they at all expected Putin would back down. I think the Biden admin intentionally triggered the invasion with Kamala Harris' speech in Germany days before invasion.

They knew it would be long protracted war which would give them perfect cover to try and initiate their Great Reset climate change agenda (which has a time line of 2030). You can clearly see the war of attrition between WEF minions -- like Ursula von der Leyen (who's given prior speeches about the urgent need to adopt "green energy") -- who keep insisting EU in solidarity abruptly end energy dependence for "the good of the war," and EU countries resisting this. Where I believe they miscalculated was so much outside political resistance to these agendas.

Now, one can argue the WEF climate change policy cult got extremely lucky with this war and is exploiting this opportunity to the fullest in order to implement these 2030 agendas, but how the war was triggered doesn't look like it was an accident to me.

Comment

What a lot of Democrats seem to be oblivious to these days, is that rhetoric achieves little that is positive but can create huge problems. Whenever they spot some non-woke thing going on in the world, some non-western attitude or behavior, they quickly run to the pulpit and start denouncing. To pervert a Teddyism, they have a big voice but carry a little stick.

They deny reality that might makes right, and Russia is mightier than Ukraine. Whether or not they wanted this war to appease the Military Industrial Complex or just because they're stupid, the result has been disaster.

One can't stand on principle if it means losing everything including your life, which has been Zelensky's game. Because he wouldn't give up Crimea he's going to lose everything now. What a moron. Unless he's stuffing his pockets with US dollars and booking a flight for Martha's Vineyard. he's an idiot and responsible for the deaths of countless Ukrainians.
                        Invading a proto-democracy is a no-no. Russia will learn it the hard way; your supposition that they are somehow going to be a victor out of this is absurd. They won't even achieve pyritic victory, their "might" is running out of human cannon fodder, aka Russian children to throw into the meat grinder. Meanwhile, Russia is responsible for all the deaths in Ukraine and globally.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                          I don't think they at all expected Putin would back down. I think the Biden admin intentionally triggered the invasion with Kamala Harris' speech in Germany days before invasion.

They knew it would be long protracted war which would give them perfect cover to try and initiate their Great Reset climate change agenda (which has a time line of 2030). You can clearly see the war of attrition between WEF minions -- like Ursula von der Leyen (who's given prior speeches about the urgent need to adopt "green energy") -- who keep insisting EU in solidarity abruptly end energy dependence for "the good of the war," and EU countries resisting this. Where I believe they miscalculated was so much outside political resistance to these agendas.

Now, one can argue the WEF climate change policy cult got extremely lucky with this war and is exploiting this opportunity to the fullest in order to implement these 2030 agendas, but how the war was triggered doesn't look like it was an accident to me.
                          You need to take the meds the doctors prescribe to you.

Comment

• Nothing like a cold or hot war with China to distract from a failed economy...

Pelosi expected to visit Taiwan, Taiwanese and US officials say

US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is expected to visit Taiwan as part of her tour of Asia, according to a senior Taiwanese government official and a US official, despite warnings from Biden administration officials, who are worried about China's response to such a high-profile visit.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/01/polit...sit/index.html
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                              Nothing like a cold or hot war with China to distract from a failed economy...
                              That or this...

House passes assault-style weapons ban

Comment

• Originally posted by Zara View Post

Invading a proto-democracy is a no-no. Russia will learn it the hard way; your supposition that they are somehow going to be a victor out of this is absurd. They won't even achieve pyritic victory, their "might" is running out of human cannon fodder, aka Russian children to throw into the meat grinder. Meanwhile, Russia is responsible for all the deaths in Ukraine and globally.

You're probably the same gullible dupe that believed Jessie Smollett, Rittenhouse, Convington school, Russian Afghanistan bounties, Trump Russiagate, Trump Ukrainegate, every false narrative MSM spit out in the last four years I bet you believed.

Comment