Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jan6 - the ANNIVERSARY of the BIG INSURRECTION....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post

What words did you use to describe the events of January 6? Did you, for example, tell your son that the police were the aggressors, and that the protestors were acting in self defense and shouldn't be charged?
    No, that's not what I told him.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post

Do you denounce the US legal system as evil and depraved because there are circumstances where Americans who have been charged with crimes and awaiting trial are kept in jail in order to protect the American public?
        What's with you and trying to get people to "denounce" things?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

What's with you and trying to get people to "denounce" things?
          It's an anti-Christian requirement. "Do you denounce Jesus the Christ?"

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

As I previously posted:

[/INDENT]

Not sure if you posted this in the thread at all, but here's what another actual attack on the Capitol looks like:

https://timeline.com/in-1954-these-f...n-7e7018283865

On the afternoon of March 1, 1954, four armed Puerto Rican nationalists entered the United States Capitol building. Security guards stopped the group — consisting of three men and one woman — and asked them if they had cameras. They did not. The quartet then proceeded to an upper gallery of the House chamber. Below them, members of the Congress were debating a bill.

They drew guns and began shooting down into the floor of the House. It was the the most severe assault in the history of the Capitol building. In all, five members of Congress were hit, and while some were critically wounded, they all survived.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Not sure if you posted this in the thread at all, but here's what another actual attack on the Capitol looks like:

https://timeline.com/in-1954-these-f...n-7e7018283865

On the afternoon of March 1, 1954, four armed Puerto Rican nationalists entered the United States Capitol building. Security guards stopped the group — consisting of three men and one woman — and asked them if they had cameras. They did not. The quartet then proceeded to an upper gallery of the House chamber. Below them, members of the Congress were debating a bill.

They drew guns and began shooting down into the floor of the House. It was the the most severe assault in the history of the Capitol building. In all, five members of Congress were hit, and while some were critically wounded, they all survived.

And didn't Obama (or was it Clinton) pardon one of those thugs?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Jimmy Carter pardoned at least 3 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Jimmy Carter pardoned at least 3 of them.
                  Ah, yes.... I'm remembering that now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Do you denounce Trump and his evil ways?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I've been planning on posting this in the funny political pix thread but there were too many more amusing that bump it back

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Do you denounce Trump and his evil ways?
                        Have you now or ever been a wearer of a MAGA cap?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          I've been planning on posting this in the funny political pix thread but there were too many more amusing that bump it back
                          Yeah, that's the one I had in mind!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Are you making the accusation, before God, that I am a non-Christian?
                            "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                            "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

• Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post

I put the accusation before your deity, that you are a gormless twit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post

Again, what is with you and asking people to swear things before God?

Matthew 5:37 But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.

Comment