Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jan6 - the ANNIVERSARY of the BIG INSURRECTION....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    My son's history teacher talked about this today, said that six people were killed during the "insurrection", and showed the class a video from YouTube that described the protest as a violent uprising bent on destroying the United States. I set my son straight by simply telling him the facts
    That teacher should be canned. What grade?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

F, but only because that's the lowest that can be assigned.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

11th.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Being the sort of student that I was I would nail the teacher on the number of deaths and once she was knocked back on her heels sputtering I would very loudly ask if you can't even get such an easily checked basic fact right what other garbage did you spew and why should we even trust you.

Yeah I was a real delight for ignorant teachers.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Typical liberals, him and Dick Cheney both.
            Two things can be true at the same time.

1. Jan 6th was bad, and should be condemned and not celebrated.
            2. The democrats are trying to use Jan 6th for political gain.

Comment

271531375_4661623677260709_5296843186175824776_n.jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I heard on the news this morning that Kamala Harris thinks January 6th will be on the national memory like Pearl Harbor.

The best comparison is 9/11. Already the remembrance is not very great and it's fading from the national memory. In 20 years or so, January 6 will be like 9/11, only really remembered by those directly affected that day and maybe a big national charity exploiting the event to raise money.

Also, I'll point out Pearl Harbor is declining in how much it's discussed and remembered as the people alive on that day die off. It will soon be just a historical marker and a cliche in speeches.
                "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  My son's history teacher talked about this today, said that six people were killed during the "insurrection", and showed the class a video from YouTube that described the protest as a violent uprising bent on destroying the United States. I set my son straight by simply telling him the facts
                  How did the teacher get to six people killed?
                  "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

I actually yelled at the TV for Harris to shut her lying trap when she compared Jan 6 riot with Pearl Harbor and 9/11. What an incredibly tonedeaf idiotic thing to say. And she was the one helping to bail out rioters of the previous summer by the liberals destroying half of the USA.

This was just another last ditch attempt to smear Republicans and Trump because this is an election year and they know they are on the way out. Unfortunately I think it backfired, even the liberal press was questioning Biden on his accusations and how this was supposed to heal the country by being so divisive.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                      I heard on the news this morning that Kamala Harris thinks January 6th will be on the national memory like Pearl Harbor.

The best comparison is 9/11. Already the remembrance is not very great and it's fading from the national memory. In 20 years or so, January 6 will be like 9/11, only really remembered by those directly affected that day and maybe a big national charity exploiting the event to raise money.

Also, I'll point out Pearl Harbor is declining in how much it's discussed and remembered as the people alive on that day die off. It will soon be just a historical marker and a cliche in speeches.
                      Last year angry old Joe said it was the worst thing since the Civil War (where, he pointed out, at least no insurrectionists entered the capitol!!1! ) which would also include the various assaults on the capitol where attackers seriously wounded Congressmen or killed police, as well as Pearl Harbor and 9/11.

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Old Joe was on TV declaring that how during the Civil War insurrectionists never made it to the capitol much less entered it and how that was the first time.

Old Joe is confused.

Old Joe is wrong.

Just off the top of my head...

What about the Puerto Rican separatists that entered the House of Representatives in the '50s and opened fire on the Congressmen, shooting five -- one seriously?

What about the guy (a university professor I believe) who set off a bomb consisting of a couple of sticks of dynamite inside the capitol to protest WWI? Fortunately the Senate chambers, where he wanted to put the bomb, was locked, so he stuck it in a nearby closet so when it exploded nobody was hurt.

What about the bombing of the Capitol's north wing during the '80s in protest to protest our involvement in Lebanon? Fortunately nobody was injured but only because the Senate adjourned earlier than expected.

What about when a man stormed the Capitol in an attempt to assassinate the House Majority Whip at the time, Tom DeLay (R-TX), killing two Capitol Police officers before being subdued? IIRC, that was when Clinton was president.

And of course, most recently, what about the angry mob that stormed the Capitol during the Kavanaugh confirmation hearing? Their behavior even caused now VP Kamala Harris to tell her fellow travelers "We will not be bullied" and resulted in hundreds being arrested after swarming into the Senate buildings and galleries, including the Russell Senate Office Building rotunda. Moreover, a couple of them even forcibly entered an elevator with then Senator Jeff Flake, refusing to let the elevator move or Flake exit, in order to physically intimidate him into asking for the FBI to do yet another investigation (which found nothing) and delaying the process for several days. The MSM hailed that confrontation where he was likely in far greater danger than AOC and her drama queen act ever was (not even being in the same building), which the same media was incredibly sympathetic toward.

ETA: And how can I forget this

aoc-51-protesters-arrested-2018.jpg

The same clown who captivated everyone with her tale of being terrorized by the Jan. 6 protestors -- even though they were in a different building

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

No, just misguided political animals...
                        Tucker had a little slap-fight with Teddy.

Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Last year angry old Joe said it was the worst thing since the Civil War (where, he pointed out, at least no insurrectionists entered the capitol!!1! ) which would also include the various assaults on the capitol where attackers seriously wounded Congressmen or killed police, as well as Pearl Harbor and 9/11.

How bout we combine these Jan6 threads? Just merge mine into yours?
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

How did the teacher get to six people killed?
                            I have no idea. It's possible my son simply misunderstood, but I have a hunch he didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              I actually yelled at the TV for Harris to shut her lying trap when she compared Jan 6 riot with Pearl Harbor and 9/11. What an incredibly tonedeaf idiotic thing to say..
                              You have to keep in mind that Democrats are never talking to those of us who are informed but to the low-info morons who will believe anything they hear from one of their own. Harris is just trying to whip her base up so the Democrats don't lose power during midterms.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

How bout we combine these Jan6 threads? Just merge mine into yours?
                                Naw you were [*grumble, grumble remember to smile grumble, grumble*] first.

Comment