Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jan6 - the ANNIVERSARY of the BIG INSURRECTION....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
    I put the accusation before your deity, that you are a gormless twit.
    I am as God made me. If you have a problem with that, take it up with Him.

You shouldn't make fun of me just because I don't have (to use the phrase Trump used to describe himself) a "very, very large brain".
    "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
    "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

• Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post

Are you making the accusation, before God, that I am a non-Christian?
      It was an example. Sorry if it hit close to home.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Again, what is with you and asking people to swear things before God?

Matthew 5:37 But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.
        Yeah, with God being omnipotent, it's kinda hard to make ANY statement that is NOT "before God".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I am as God made me. If you have a problem with that, take it up with Him.
          Actually, God doesn't intend for us to stay "as He made us". He expects us to worship and follow Him, and to grow in Christ.

You shouldn't make fun of me just because I don't have (to use the phrase Trump used to describe himself) a "very, very large brain".
          I, personally, know nothing about the size of your brain, nor do I care.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yeah, with God being omnipotent, it's kinda hard to make ANY statement that is NOT "before God".
            Excellent point!! Although I think you meant His omnipresence.
            "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

• I'm shocked I tell you. Shocked.

DOJ Creates Specialized Unit For Domestic Terrorism Amid Attempts To Dub Jan.6 "Worse Than 9/11"

From the beginning the Biden administration has clearly prioritized the threat of 'White extremism' as the prime and most pressing domestic security concern - for example in June issuing the White House's National Strategy for Countering Domestic Terrorism, which defined the "the two most lethal elements of today’s domestic terrorism threat" as : (1) racially or ethnically motivated violent extremists who advocate for the superiority of the white race and (2) anti-government or anti-authority violent extremists, such as militia violent extremists."

Naturally, this became a cause for concern as often simple 'middle America' Trump voters were increasingly labeled by mainstream media and in public discourse as associated with "terrorism" - given especially the events of Jan.6 - which some Republican leaders too have begun to label as a "terrorist attack". Prominent liberal pundits, for example over at MSNBC and other outlets, began to suggest that Jan.6 was "worse than 9/11".

Now, the Biden administration is ready to give the DOJ some teeth in enforcing a crackdown on this supposed #1 threat facing the nation, by creating a new special unit to tackle what's broadly defined as "domestic terrorism" - however loosely that label is currently being thrown about in Washington.

"The Justice Department is establishing a specialized unit focused on domestic terrorism, the department's top national security official told lawmakers Tuesday as he described an elevated threat from violent extremists in the United States," The Associated Press reports Tuesday.

The unit is being described as necessary to handle the "more than double" the number of suspected violent extremism cases which have popped up since spring of 2020, according to Congressional testimony this week of Assistant Attorney General Matthew Olsen.

"We have seen a growing threat from those who are motivated by racial animus, as well as those who ascribe to extremist anti-government and anti-authority ideologies," Olsen stated.

The specialized domestic terrorism unit, he described, is further necessary to "to augment our existing approach" - despite the DOJ already having a counterterrorism section within National Security Division, and such cases also long being handled by FBI units.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

Excellent point!! Although I think you meant His omnipresence.
                ALL of his omniness!

Comment

Why is that relevant? Are you saying that any protestor who isn't being charged with insurrection or treason is innocent on all charges and should be released?
                  It's relevant because of all the half-wits who are non-sarcastically referring to the event as an insurrection.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

What's with you and trying to get people to "denounce" things?
                    Watched the baptism scene in "The Godfather" too many times.

(Yeah, I know, that was "REnounce.")
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

Again, what is with you and asking people to swear things before God?

Matthew 5:37 But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.
                      No, he's silly, but I don't think he's doing that there. I don't think he's saying, "I ask you before God, are you making the accusation that...," I think he's saying, "Are you accusing me before God?"

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

No, he's silly, but I don't think he's doing that there. I don't think he's saying, "I ask you before God, are you making the accusation that...," I think he's saying, "Are you accusing me before God?"
                        Hhe seems to be trying to "trap" people by getting them to swear something or denounce something in God's name, making an oath. Not sure why, but that is what it seems like he is doing by his very specific wording.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

I would accuse ANYBODY before I would accuse God!

Comment

• Ted Cruz directly asked FBI assistant director Jill Sanborn if FBI agents or their informants instigated or otherwise participated in the January 6 mostly peaceful protest.

Sanbor's insistent answer: "Sir, I can’t answer that."

That sounds like a yes to me.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/julior...-riot-n2601698
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Ted Cruz directly asked FBI assistant director Jill Sanborn if FBI agents or their informants instigated or otherwise participated in the January 6 mostly peaceful protest.

C'monman! The FBI would never... uh... do...

nevermind.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                Ted Cruz directly asked FBI assistant director Jill Sanborn if FBI agents or their informants instigated or otherwise participated in the January 6 mostly peaceful protest.

I'll let Cruz off the hook for his previous asinine remarks about January 6th, just for having the gonads to ask him that question.

Interestingly enough, Garland had almost the same reaction when he was previously asked about the infamous Ray Epps and his involvement with January 6th.

Comment