Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The GOP and the man-god Trump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    Prices are up big time here too. Being blamed on Brexit+Covid induced shortage of HGV drivers.
    Ours is a direct result of Neo-liberal over spending. They first lied when they denied inflation was happening. Then they lied when they claimed it was just a very temporary blip.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Ours is a direct result of Neo-liberal over spending. They first lied when they denied inflation was happening. Then they lied when they claimed it was just a very temporary blip.
      They only time they don't lie is when.... um.....

lemme get back to you on that.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

They only time they don't lie is when.... um.....

lemme get back to you on that.
        giphy.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          yuh
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• The arch Christo-wimp in action:
            Former vice president Mike Pence said media reporting on the deadly Jan. 6 insurrection is meant to “demean” supporters of former president Donald Trump, some of whom stormed the Capitol that day shouting, “Hang Mike Pence!”

In an interview with Sean Hannity on Fox News on Monday night, Pence sought to explain media coverage of the Jan. 6 riot in which he was hurriedly evacuated from the Senate chamber and taken to a secure location amid threats to his life.

“I know the media wants to distract from the Biden administration’s failed agenda by focusing on one day in January,” Pence told Hannity. “They want to use that one day to try and demean the character and intentions of 74 million Americans who believed we could be strong again and prosperous again and supported our administration in 2016 and 2020.”
            Poor little insurrectionists are getting a bad press!

Comment

The arch Christo-wimp in action:

Poor little insurrectionists are getting a bad press!
              So, the lying scumbag democrats can pull stuff like "a Capitol Police Officer was bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher", knowing full well it's a lie, and you think Pence is a wimp because he's not the least bit concerned about the nonsense people were yelling?

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post

Not the sky, insurance premiums, not falling but rising. In time you won’t get any insurance at all.
                Maybe the government can give us free property insurance. After all, Obamacare has done wonders for our healthcare industry.

Okay, bad example.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Maybe the government can give us free property insurance. After all, Obamacare has done wonders for our healthcare industry.

Okay, bad example.
                  Health is a National asset. A healthy population, well fed, well housed, well informed, happy and content, is a productive and peaceful population. Those are a few things you can improve on; let’s get to it.

Comment

So, the lying scumbag democrats can pull stuff like "a Capitol Police Officer was bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher", knowing full well it's a lie, and you think Pence is a wimp because he's not the least bit concerned about the nonsense people were yelling?
                    I know you’re tempted, but try not to give Trump another go in 2024.

I have heard that a fire extinguisher was used against police officers, and when empty, it was thrown at them. I have not heard the ‘bludgeoned to death’ claim repeated since about the date in question. It probably circulates among right wing propaganda outlets as they attempt to downplay the seriousness of the attack, and their role in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post

Health is a National asset. A healthy population, well fed, well housed, well informed, happy and content, is a productive and peaceful population. Those are a few things you can improve on; let’s get to it.
                      The healthcare industry is, in general, not about promoting health but about trying to make sick people better, or at least less sick. A lot of people really don't take care of themselves and only visit a doctor when something is catastrophically wrong. Staying healthy is a personal choice -- eating healthy, exercising, avoiding vices like sugar, cigarettes, and excessive consumption of alcohol -- and no amount of government spending is going cause people to make that decision.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

You don't know squat.

I have heard that a fire extinguisher was used against police officers, and when empty, it was thrown at them. I have not heard the ‘bludgeoned to death’ claim repeated since about the date in question. It probably circulates among right wing propaganda outlets as they attempt to downplay the seriousness of the attack, and their role in it.
                        It was still being touted in the impeachment documents - perhaps if you widened your reading beyond smut trash leftist pinko commie hate rags, you'd learn a thing or two.

Comment

You don't know squat.

It was still being touted in the impeachment documents - perhaps if you widened your reading beyond smut trash leftist pinko commie hate rags, you'd learn a thing or two.
                          Your position was, as I remember it; never mind that Trump is the Devil, we get to pack the courts with Federalist Soc. picks.

… setting up a fight between a liberal population and a conservative judiciary.

Comment

Absolutely. There is no more hypocritical stance than to accuse some other group if lying while at the same time trying to justify or downplay what happened on Jan 6. Supporting in any way what came to us through Trump on Jan 6 is, from my perspective, to spit in the face of everything this country was founded on and to join with those seeking its demise.
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Huh. It's almost like Mikey doesn't really believe Buffalo Man and his Mighty Rampaging Horde -- of undercover FBI thugs -- were there to drag him out and kill him. Huh.

Anyway, yeah, I'd be happy to cast another vote for the Bad Orange Man. I'd choose him above anyone else currently on the scene, with the possible exception of DeSantis.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The healthcare industry is, in general, not about promoting health but about trying to make sick people better, or at least less sick. A lot of people really don't take care of themselves and only visit a doctor when something is catastrophically wrong. Staying healthy is a personal choice -- eating healthy, exercising, avoiding vices like sugar, cigarettes, and excessive consumption of alcohol -- and no amount of government spending is going cause people to make that decision.
                                Here in the UK, the greatly beloved NHS does not try to sell you stuff but are big on age related screening of the whole population for common health problems. For example, firstfloor has recently been checked for bowel cancer and aortic aneurysm. We all pay National Insurance of course, but there is no dirty profit motive at work, only the benefits arising from the system finding health problems at an early stage. The punters usually play along and go for check-ups when invited.

Comment