Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden says minorities aren't smart enough to go online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
    If anyone thinks that getting online is a cinch for everyone, that may be their white privilege showing.
    So you agree with racist Joe that blacks and Hispanics are too "underprivileged" (which is to say too poor, ignorant, and uneducated) to understand how to use the internet despite the fact that anybody who has a smartphone can get online.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
      Just to be clear here, does this mean you are in favor of court-ordered busing of white kids to overwhelmingly black schools, and vice versa?
      I actually went to a school where court-ordered bussing took place.

Of the three Junior Highs in the city I lived in, we were 10% black and the other two had two or three blacks attending them total. When they were done, our school was 25% black and the other two were less than 10%. And all three were within walking distance of each other (at least what was considered walking distance back then[1]), so I never understood why the other two were only brought up to the same level we were at before bussing while ours was more than doubled.

Anywho, of the 10% of blacks going to our school before bussing, nearly everyone of them were bussed to the other side of the county to a mostly black school . Many of them lived in the subdivision adjacent to ours and actually closer to the school they were removed from. So my personal experience was that it was largely a cluster screw up. Further, people often pick where they live when they move to a community based in large part to a school's reputation. Ours was the best in the county.

So while I see bussing as a failure and wouldn't support it, that view is not based on worries that the school would become, as old Joe complained, "a jungle, the jungle being a racial jungle."

1 My school was exactly 1 mile from my front door to their front door (on nice days I walked home getting there at the same time), the other two were between two and three miles away.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Of the three Junior Highs in the city I lived in, we were 10% black and the other two had two or three blacks attending them total. When they were done, our school was 25% black and the other two were less than 10%. And all three were within walking distance of each other (at least what was considered walking distance back then[1]), so I never understood why the other two were only brought up to the same level we were at before bussing while ours was more than doubled.

Anywho, of the 10% of blacks going to our school before bussing, nearly everyone of them were bussed to the other side of the county to a mostly black school . Many of them lived in the subdivision adjacent to ours and actually closer to the school they were removed from. So my personal experience was that it was largely a cluster screw up. Further, people often pick where they live when they move to a community based in large part to a school's reputation. Ours was the best in the county.

So while I see bussing as a failure and wouldn't support it, that view is not based on worries that the school would become, as old Joe complained, "a jungle, the jungle being a racial jungle."

1 My school was exactly 1 mile from my front door to their front door (on nice days I walked home getting there at the same time), the other two were between two and three miles away.
        So you agree with Joe on policy, but don't like the way he used the word "jungle".

Comment

• I get SO TIRED of Biden's 'sad animal stories' -- whiney stories of how compassionate he is, and how there are no "ordinary Americans", they're all Extraordinary..... "I know it's hard, I know it's hard, I promise you, I remember....."

He's trying to be the Nation's Pastor (but without the Jesus part), and it really really gets old. "You're gonna be OK - you're gonna be OK....."

"remain vigilant - to say ... to stay socially distant -- we must end the political....."

And "as one people - as the UNITED States of America"... while he continues his leftist agenda.

OK, rant over.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• I'm still working through the concept that my impression that a young black or brown person would probably be more adept at using electronics and doing things online that I am equates to "white privilege."
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

There were many non-racist issues to oppose busing. In many ways it was an attempt to put the responsibility for resolving the deep racial issues in our country on the shoulders of children. I Moved south in the second year of forced busing in NC. And it was miserable. At the same time, I'm not sure there existed any other way to solve the problem of massively unequal schools and school funding across racial boundaries. One good thing that came of it was that when the white kids were in what were the black schools before the busing in what were still dangerous neighborhoods, those white parents and politicians cared about what was happening there both in terms of crime and in terms of educational competence. Before then (and after) not so much.
              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 02-22-2021, 09:23 PM.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                I'm still working through the concept that my impression that a young black or brown person would probably be more adept at using electronics and doing things online that I am equates to "white privilege."
                It's apparently "white privilege" to point out the racism of liberals.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  There were many non-racist issues to oppose busing.
                  And yet Joe went out of his way to articulate his opposition using racist language. But what else would you expect from a guy who thinks that a clean, articulate black man is like something out of a storybook, or that most minorities are too stupid to know how to use the internet.

I wonder, do you ever cringe at Joe's words and think to yourself, "Boy, is that going to tough to rationalize!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

And yet Joe went out of his way to articulate his opposition using racist language. But what else would you expect from a guy who thinks that a clean, articulate black man is like something out of a storybook, or that most minorities are too stupid to know how to use the internet.

I wonder, do you ever cringe at Joe's words and think to yourself, "Boy, is that going to tough to rationalize!"
                    simply not true. He does not use racist language in that clip. He is talking about proactively accounting for the potential roadblocks to vaccination in poorer communities. There is no reason other than hyperpartisan acrimony to interpret them in such an antagonistic mode.

And speaking of elephants in the room wrt societal racism, how about that strong correlation between poorer communities and minority communities!
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

simply not true. He does not use racist language in that clip. He is talking about proactively accounting for the potential roadblocks to vaccination in poorer communities. There is no reason other than hyperpartisan acrimony to interpret them in such an antagonistic mode.

And speaking of elephants in the room wrt societal racism, how about that strong correlation between poorer communities and minority communities!
                      You've never been to Appalachia?

Comment

It's like when somebody is deeply in love - or otherwise deeply emotionally involved - and you tend to see what you want to see, and not see what you don't want to see.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

You've never been to Appalachia?
                          That is a regional disparity that has a very different history. I'm talking about nationwide where the average black net worth is 1/7th that of the white population

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-fr...te-wealth-gap/

and income < 1/2 that of the white population.

https://www.epi.org/blog/racial-disp...rowth-in-2019/
                          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 02-23-2021, 08:15 AM.

Comment

It's apparently "white privilege" to point out the racism of liberals.
                            It's "white privilege" for a white guy to breathe air.

Comment

You're lying, Ox, simple as that. He clearly invokes race -- he specifically said "black" and "Hispanic." You're lying because it conflicts with your obsession about racism and white supremacy. It's the double standard of double standards. At least you recognize how hypocritical it is and so you're forced to lie about it. Just own it -- the man has flaws and be a man about it.

Moderated By: mossy

We are trying to cut down on accusations of lying on the site. We're asking that people consider that someone may be saying something that they firmly believe to be the truth. There is a difference between that and purposely stating something that they know is absolutely false. We're asking everybody to try to tone down the accusations.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                              Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by mossrose; 02-23-2021, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• Moderator Notice

Folks, we are trying really hard to cut down on the accusations of lying. Please try to take into consideration that a poster whom you think is lying may just simply be expressing their opinion. The facts may or may not be in error, but sometimes people honestly think that what they are saying is true when it might be their opinion on the matter. Thanks.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                                Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Psychotherapy Room unless told otherwise.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment