Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden says minorities aren't smart enough to go online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biden says minorities aren't smart enough to go online

Just the latest from the same guy who opposed school desegregation because it would result in sending his kids to "a jungle, a racial jungle"[1]

From the same guy who repeatedly declared that all blacks think alike.[2]

From the same guy who self-anointed himself as the arbitrator of who is and who isn't authentically black[3]

From the same guy who described Obama thusly...[4]

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."

We now having old Joe suggesting that blacks and Hispanics can't get a vaccine for the Chicom coronavirus because they don't know how to get online. picardfacepalmthumb.jpg

Go to the 1:39 mark right after he apologizes to one of his keepers who
    apparently told him to hurry it up rightfully worried he was wandering off script

But didn't old Joe recently inform us that "poor kids were just as smart as white kids"? Imagine the poopstorm if Trump, or any Republican had said this. But just like his saying that he had no idea what he was signing (caught on a hot mic) while signing a stack of "his" Executive orders was never reported on by his Pretorian Guard in the MSM -- who are too busy asking him about playing video games and his dog rather than asking about, say, the tens of thousands of people he put on the unemployment line with a couple strokes of a pen -- you won't see this on the Evening news broadcasts or on the front page of any of the major newspapers.

1. Interesting that he choose "jungle" considering it's blatantly racist loaded meaning.

2. If you say it once you can always claim that you misspoke but old Joe doubled down and repeated this outrageous statement revealing this is what he really believes.

If you get "uppity" and try to escape from the Democrat Plantation then "you ain't black" (note: Biden only uses the word "ain't" when addressing black audiences.

4. The "first" means that no other black was articulate, bright and... clean. All other blacks were by definition unintelligible, ignorant and dirty. According to old Joe this was such an anomaly that it's "storybook."
    Last edited by rogue06; 02-19-2021, 08:30 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

I saw him answering questions last night on TV, but I couldn't figure out what he was saying, because I was pretending to listen to my wife telling me something.

But he sure seemed to be bungling it, mumbling, rewording...
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I saw him answering questions last night on TV, but I couldn't figure out what he was saying, because I was pretending to listen to my wife telling me something.

But he sure seemed to be bungling it, mumbling, rewording...
      sundowner's.

Comment

They cut out the question, which was about how he was going to deal with the fact that proportionately far fewer blacks and hispanics have been vaccinated than whites.

That's not intentionally deceptive, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
          They cut out the question, which was about how he was going to deal with the fact that proportionately far fewer blacks and hispanics have been vaccinated than whites.

That's not intentionally deceptive, is it?
          That doesn't change his comment about how minorities don't know how to use the internet.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Stoic,
            re: "That's not intentionally deceptive, is it?"

As mossrose touched on, how would that change the implication of sleepy Joe's remarks?
            Last edited by rstrats; 02-19-2021, 11:44 AM.

Comment

I will be generous and take his comments as meaning that blacks that are poor or live in rural areas might not HAVE access to the internet, not that they are too dumb to get on the internet. He just didn't say it correctly and said "know how to get online" when he probably meant "know where to get online"

Last edited by Sparko; 02-19-2021, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                That doesn't change his comment about how minorities don't know how to use the internet.
                You think all of them know how to get online?

Comment

I don't know. But I am sure that if a conservative made that statement they would be hounded until they died for being racist.

And whether or not some people may not know how to get online doesn't change what Biden said.

It's simple. Try not to overthink it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I'm pretty sure he knows, just like the rest of us, what mainly accounts for vaccine hesitancy among the black population, and it has nothing to do with access to the Internet. There's no reason the elephant in the room can't be addressed; in fact, it must be. Mistrust of the vaccination itself (which is quite understandable) is going to be primarily addressed through personal contact with trusted physicians, not through sending people to Google.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I don't know. But I am sure that if a conservative made that statement they would be hounded until they died for being racist.

And whether or not some people may not know how to get online doesn't change what Biden said.

It's simple. Try not to overthink it.
                      Try not to underthink it. Part of his solution for getting the vaccine to more blacks and hispanics is to help those who don't know how to get online to arrange an appointment.

If anyone thinks that getting online is a cinch for everyone, that may be their white privilege showing.

Comment

Try not to underthink it. Part of his solution for getting the vaccine to more blacks and hispanics is to help those who don't know how to get online to arrange an appointment.

If anyone thinks that getting online is a cinch for everyone, that may be their white privilege showing.
                        I totally understand that his comments are in order to explain how the vaccines will be provided to those who need them. But his wording stinks. And if you are calling me a racist then you should stop now.

Comment

I totally understand that his comments are in order to explain how the vaccines will be provided to those who need them. But his wording stinks.
                          Okay. That's not unusual for him.

And if you are calling me a racist then you should stop now.
                          I'm not.

Comment

In today's world, if a Republican said anything remotely like what Biden said, he'd be hounded out of office.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Biden specifically remarks on the knowledge of rural and inner city residents getting online. If Biden wanted to speak on the ability of older individual getting online, that would have been understandable as being older could impair computer literacy. He could even make a remark to the availability of internet, but again, he's not saying that. Biden's even not saying anything about a possible language barrier. For Biden, living in a rural or inner city locale somehow may impair an individual from understanding how to make a reservation online. There's nothing about where an individual lives that would inherently impair one's cognitive abilities to be unable to make an online reservation for a vaccine.

Are these people Biden's so illiterate that they can't make an online reservation? I would expect an Amish person not being able to as they're unlikely to fill out paper forms, let alone online forms. There certainly are impairments to registering a vaccine reservation online, but Biden uses ignorance as his explanation. Of course, this is just endemic of Democrats' sense of noblesse oblige towards minorities. Democrats have this sense of "white man's burden" and it shows with Biden calling people ignorant due to the area of residence and not a legitimate reason. It's a patronising form of "white privilege".
                              P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment