Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Riots in DC outside capitol building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 28 Times Media And Democrats Excused Or Endorsed Violence Committed By Left-Wing Activists

https://thefederalist.com/2021/01/07...YLFgAr3R44SVvw
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

It's a metaphor Mossy. A literary form. Hell is the place of eternal destruction and suffering. These people have followed Trump into their own personal place of temporary destruction on this earth. The metaphor is apt and applies - with the exception of its duration.

But further - and in spite of your protests to the contrary - Jesus makes clear that those that claim to follow him in word only, but not also in deed are not in fact his true followers. The parable of the sheep and the goats is not applicable only to those that lived pre-Resurrection. This goes back to the nature of repentance and salvation - it is a free gift to be sure, and we are not judged by our failures in sin that might follow. But Paul makes clear God is not mocked, and people pretending to follow Christ in name only as 'fire insurance' are in grave danger of forfeiting their souls, or may have never been truly saved in the first place.
      Sadly the parable of the sheep and goats is not about 2 types of believers. It is about believers and those who THINK they are believers. Big difference. Works do NOT save us, but are the result of the change that Christ brings to those who believe. Lots of people do good things but don't believe. They are not saved.

The salvation that comes through Christ changes us mossy. We can't just continue in willful, unrepentant sin if we have in fact been saved. And if we choose to follow a man into grave sin, and on recognizing what we are doing we continue in it, that calls into question our actual status before God. Only God can judge us mossy, not one of us can look at the other and know what is wheat and what is chaff, but we individually had better pay attention to the fact there IS wheat and there IS chaff, and not take for granted that so great a pardon bought at so great a cost can be treated as cheap and superficial.
      You better be careful who you follow, oxmixmudd. I doubt your party is any better than Trump. Surely worse with some of their policies. Since you so like to portray yourself as so much better than the rest of the believers here, once again, for the umpteenth time, I urge you to check your own behaviour before you condemn anybody else.

I'm sure you won't heed this warning any more than you have any of the warnings from people here in the past regarding this. You are too much of a hypocrite to do so, and too blind to your own shortcomings. You are engaging in the willful, unrepentant sin of equating following a man politically with following Christ in belief in Him. And you continually falsely accuse those who you should be calling brethren while continually supporting and agreeing with those here that claim to hate Christ through their designations as atheists or agnostics. All because of their political viewpoints, regardless of their lifestyle or perceived good that you might think they do.

There is something SO wrong with that I don't even know where to start. And since you don't, won't, listen and HEAR the warning, again, I will leave you to your delusions because, unless God changes you, I am afraid for you.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by kccd View Post

More than trespassing.

Windows and doors were broken to gain access.
        Furniture was broken.
        At least one statue was defaced.
        A scroll hanging on a wall with Chinese characters was removed and destroyed.
        They are still assessing the damage to the building and its contents.
        This from the same crowd who shrugged that it was only property and insurance can pay for it when leftists destroyed 1500 businesses in Minneapolis.

Originally posted by kccd View Post
        A policeman was assaulted and later died in the hospital.
        I hope they fry those responsible.

Originally posted by kccd View Post
        Not a peaceful protest, especially with lawmakers forced to huddle under their desks, and then evacuated for their safety.
        I don't know of anyone seriously suggesting otherwise. There was no excuse whatsoever to justify their behavior. Period.

Back in 2018 Rep. Andy Harris (R-MD) was actually assaulted by protesters who, according to Capitol Police, tried to force their way into his office assaulted him, bruising his wrist. The MSM never even bothered to report on it with the exception of the WaPo, which spent more space covering the protesters complaints including whining that a door was closed on one of their feet when they tried to force their way into his office.

That's a little different from just huddling under desks.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

"it's just property"
          cnn-just-property-damage-omg-breaking-things-call-national-guard.jpeg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Sadly the parable of the sheep and goats is not about 2 types of believers. It is about believers and those who THINK they are believers. Big difference. Works do NOT save us, but are the result of the change that Christ brings to those who believe. Lots of people do good things but don't believe. They are not saved.
            I agree with you Mossy. So - how does a person that 'thinks he is a believer' figure out they actually are not?

You better be careful who you follow, oxmixmudd. I doubt your party is any better than Trump. Surely worse with some of their policies. Since you so like to portray yourself as so much better than the rest of the believers here, once again, for the umpteenth time, I urge you to check your own behaviour before you condemn anybody else.
            Calling out sin does not take on the assumption I am 'better'. Pointing out an action is a sin is not 'condemnation'.

People find themselves doing stupid, dump, sinful things all the time without recognizing what they are doing. For those that are truly following Christ - all it usually takes is the realization that what they are doing is wrong for them to begine the process of seeking a way out. But it is the responsibility of those that see the sin to call it out, otherwise they become responsible for not having taken the risk on behalf of those caught up in it.

I'm sure you won't heed this warning any more than you have any of the warnings from people here in the past regarding this. You are too much of a hypocrite to do so, and too blind to your own shortcomings. You are engaging in the willful, unrepentant sin of equating following a man politically with following Christ in belief in Him. And you continually falsely accuse those who you should be calling brethren while continually supporting and agreeing with those here that claim to hate Christ through their designations as atheists or agnostics. All because of their political viewpoints, regardless of their lifestyle or perceived good that you might think they do.
            You are passing false judgement Mossy. I do call out sin as I see it. Sometimes I'm very much blown away by the obviousness of the sin It's hard for me to fathom the person don't know what they are doing. But most of the time my motive is to be a force for good in the world and to help put a stop to evil, not to pronounce my personal judgements of others.

You know what is worse than hypocrisy or an invalid judgement mossy? Seeing evil proceed and being a coward and doing nothing to try to stop it.

There is something SO wrong with that I don't even know where to start. And since you don't, won't, listen and HEAR the warning, again, I will leave you to your delusions because, unless God changes you, I am afraid for you.
            You've not been clear here as to what 'that' is, but the only one judging and cutting off communication here is you. I'll gladly hear your point of view (especially if you can avoid the name calling and personal attacks) and discuss my own. And I'll gladly seek a better way if you can show that to me.

BTW mossy, do you suppose that your expressions of such intense personal disdain do not reflect evil in your own heart? Can we then perhaps walk away from the direct PERSONAL judgements (which I don't believe you can find in these posts of mine to you) and just address the issues themselves?
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• It might be true. It might be bad. But it does not pave the way for excusing what Trump has done.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I agree with you Mossy. So - how does a person that 'thinks he is a believer' figure out they actually are not?

Calling out sin does not take on the assumption I am 'better'. Pointing out an action is a sin is not 'condemnation'.

People find themselves doing stupid, dump, sinful things all the time without recognizing what they are doing. For those that are truly following Christ - all it usually takes is the realization that what they are doing is wrong for them to begine the process of seeking a way out. But it is the responsibility of those that see the sin to call it out, otherwise they become responsible for not having taken the risk on behalf of those caught up in it.

You are passing false judgement Mossy. I do call out sin as I see it. Sometimes I'm very much blown away by the obviousness of the sin It's hard for me to fathom the person don't know what they are doing. But most of the time my motive is to be a force for good in the world and to help put a stop to evil, not to pronounce my personal judgements of others.

You know what is worse than hypocrisy or an invalid judgement mossy? Seeing evil proceed and being a coward and doing nothing to try to stop it.

You've not been clear here as to what 'that' is, but the only one judging and cutting off communication here is you. I'll gladly hear your point of view (especially if you can avoid the name calling and personal attacks) and discuss my own. And I'll gladly seek a better way if you can show that to me.

BTW mossy, do you suppose that your expressions of such intense personal disdain do not reflect evil in your own heart? Can we then perhaps walk away from the direct PERSONAL judgements (which I don't believe you can find in these posts of mine to you) and just address the issues themselves?
                No, oxmixmudd. I'll not address the issues with you any further. You won't see what I'm saying and it is time for me to wipe the dust of YOUR personal attacks against every believer here who does not agree with you politically off my feet and consign you to God's judgment. I pray you will repent before it's too late and that you will see the error of your hypocrisy.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

No, oxmixmudd. I'll not address the issues with you any further. You won't see what I'm saying and it is time for me to wipe the dust of YOUR personal attacks against every believer here who does not agree with you politically off my feet and consign you to God's judgment. I pray you will repent before it's too late and that you will see the error of your hypocrisy.
                  I'm sorry you feel that way - but I clearly can't do anything to change it. Neither will I call you the names you are calling me.

Comment

Moss, I have been here on Tweb on and off for 14 years. If memory serves me right, you have been here for all that time. Obviously, I cannot say I have read all or even a tiny portion of the posts to Tweb, but of all the posts I have read, I cannot remember a post filled with such hatred.

Yes, I am one of those agnostics which you so easily, offhandedly label as 'haters of Christ'. I have thought and read a good deal on religion, and Christianity in particular. When I hear a so-called (and, yes, I am explicitly using 'so-called' here) Christian state that those that do not believe by definition hate Christ, well honestly, I stop listening. But here I wanted to point out that most of your hatred was not directed at me but at oxmixmudd. While his post asks you directly to think about what it takes to be a 'saved', I do not sense any personal hatred in his words.

Comment

• Originally posted by casaba View Post

Moss, I have been here on Tweb on and off for 14 years. If memory serves me right, you have been here for all that time. Obviously, I cannot say I have read all or even a tiny portion of the posts to Tweb, but of all the posts I have read, I cannot remember a post filled with such hatred.

Yes, I am one of those agnostics which you so easily, offhandedly label as 'haters of Christ'. I have thought and read a good deal on religion, and Christianity in particular. When I hear a so-called (and, yes, I am explicitly using 'so-called' here) Christian state that those that do not believe by definition hate Christ, well honestly, I stop listening. But here I wanted to point out that most of your hatred was not directed at me but at oxmixmudd. While his post asks you directly to think about what it takes to be a 'saved', I do not sense any personal hatred in his words.
                      There is no hatred in my post for ox or for anybody. And if you see no hatred in his words to me (I only see in his words what he has posted over and over and over toward believers on this site for the past 4 years), then perhaps you should look for some of his posts through those years and maybe you will see how he comes across to those he calls brethren.

You may not think you are a "hater of Christ", but your very unbelief makes you so in God's eyes. Those are not my words, but His. So your argument will have to be with God, not me or any other Christian on this site or anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by casaba View Post

I don't recognize your name, did you have a different one before?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I don't recognize your name, did you have a different one before?
                          I think I remember casaba. I could be wrong now. But I don't think so.

Comment

It might be true. It might be bad. But it does not pave the way for excusing what Trump has done.
                            Show me where it says protests are supposed to be polite, or peaceful?
                            People will do what they do.
                            What we saw was not a riot it was frustration.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Show me where it says protests are supposed to be polite, or peaceful?
                              What we saw was not a riot it was frustration.
                              It was a direct attempt to STOP the lawful counting of the EC and certification of Biden - to stop overthrow the normal process of transfer of power and illegally obtain a second term of office.

In terms of definitions and what that IS, it was an insurrection:

insurrection: a violent uprising against an authority or government.

Donald Trump inciting people to commit an act of insurrection (especially through certifiable lies) is sedition:

sedition: conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch.

Is there any doubt this was not the outcome of President Trumps conduct and speech - especially wrt spreading out and out lies about the election?

Further, it was sourced in the President himself, and not only sourced, premeditated (consider the actions of the secretary of the defense preventing a quick and timely response by the NG, the fact months before the president declared any outcome other than a win fraud, the fact he told his followers 1/6 would be 'wild' etc etc etc),

which makes it treason.

treason: the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government.
                              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-08-2021, 01:19 PM.

Comment

It was a direct attempt to STOP the lawful counting of the EC and certification of Biden - to stop overthrow the normal process of transfer of power and illegally obtain a second term of office.

In terms of definitions and what that IS, it was an insurrection:

insurrection: a violent uprising against an authority or government.

Donald Trump inciting people to commit an act of insurrection (especially through certifiable lies) is sedition:

sedition: conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch.

Is there any doubt this was not the outcome of President Trumps conduct and speech - especially wrt spreading out and out lies about the election?

Further, it was sourced in the President himself, and not only sourced, premeditated (consider the actions of the secretary of the defense preventing a quick and timely response by the NG, the fact months before the president declared any outcome other than a win fraud, the fact he told his followers 1/6 would be 'wild' etc etc etc),

which makes it treason.

treason: the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government.
                                Tell me where it says protests are supposed to be polite, or peaceful?
                                foam-at-the-mouth.jpg

Comment