Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Snopes finally admits old Joe showered with his daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

And you're far more virtuous because you pay for all your Googling?
    I do use Google on occasion, but I also have a great many books that I have acquired over the years.
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Never said you specifically, but there was much rejoicing over rumors that Melinia was sleeping in a different bedroom after the news about Stormy Daniels broke. The same when she wasn't seen with OMB for several weeks afterwards. And as MM pointed out, when she was missing from the family Christmas photo last year the MSM was weak at the knees with excitement that this signaled marital problems (she was actually off tending to her mother who was ill).

So, yes. Definitely. Selective outrage.
      Right, or when she, Melania, or the rest of the family, never show up in support of him at his corruption trials. Oh, and poor Ivanka having to hear of her fathers telling Stormy how much she reminded him of his daughter just prior to having sex with her.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post

CP, I'm a patient man, but shut up a you face you arrogant twit !! 🤪
        Making fun of foreigner's accent is not a good look. I am gonna tell your liberal buddies!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Making fun of foreigner's accent is not a good look. I am gonna tell your liberal buddies!
          More of that cultural appropriation stuff!!!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

I do use Google on occasion, but I also have a great many books that I have acquired over the years.
            Whoever dies with the most books wins, eh?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It is very hard going and probably too complex for you.
              I read fiction for enjoyment. It failed that test.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Well, shiver me timbers!! Avast with ye scuttlebutt ye peg legged scallywag lest ye want to be a visitin Davy Jones in his locker!l​​​​​

Comment

He certainly does a lot of Googling and only uses sites or texts that are free of charge.
                  I prefer to use sources that are free, but why would I link to something you need to pay to read? Even with newspapers and similar media I try to link through an alternative source, or repost the article itself.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Right, or when she, Melania, or the rest of the family, never show up in support of him at his corruption trials. Oh, and poor Ivanka having to hear of her fathers telling Stormy how much she reminded him of his daughter just prior to having sex with her.
                    Thank you for providing an example of what I'm talking about.

No sympathy for Melinia, but rather chortling glee about any trouble this is causing regarding something she had no control over much less anything to do with.

But you want everyone to feel bad because Ashley, who was at least responsible for writing the diary entry and what it contained, because of the trouble that has caused.

Sam oxmixmudd do you see this?

The stark difference is that I and I'll bet that everyone else who mention this incident, sees Ashley as being the victim of her father's behavior as well as seeing Melinia as the victim of her husband's behavior.

Comment

I prefer to use sources that are free, but why would I link to something you need to pay to read? Even with newspapers and similar media I try to link through an alternative source, or repost the article itself.
                      Perhaps that's why Hypatia_Alexandria will occasionally post at length about something that has nothing to do with the discussion in one of her "I knows stuff!" fits, because she paid for an article and is determined to use it even if it's irrelevant.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

No sympathy for Melinia, but rather chortling glee about any trouble this is causing regarding something she had no control over much less anything to do with.

But you want everyone to feel bad because Ashley, who was at least responsible for writing the diary entry and what it contained, because of the trouble that has caused.

The stark difference is that I and I'll bet that everyone else who mention this incident, sees Ashley as being the victim of her father's behavior as well as seeing Melinia as the victim of her husband's behavior.
                        The stark difference is that Trump is guilty of many, many instances of political, moral and sexual crimes against his family and his country wherein he deserves the criticism he gets. Biden is not, but the accusations against him are false, made up in an attempt to bring him down to Trumps, the Creepy sexual predator and traitors level, and you people are willingly and purposely manipulating,misinterpreting, misrepresenting Ashley's words, her private musings, writ in of all things "her Diary" in order to, as she says herself, peddle grotesque lies!!

Comment

The stark difference is that Trump is guilty of many, many instances of political, moral and sexual crimes against his family and his country wherein he deserves the criticism he gets. Biden is not, but the accusations against him are false, made up in an attempt to bring him down to Trumps, the Creepy sexual predator and traitors level, and you people are willingly and purposely manipulating,misinterpreting, misrepresenting Ashley's words, her private musings, writ in of all things "her Diary" in order to, as she says herself, peddle grotesque lies!!
                          Old Joe has a slew of female accusers but with one major difference. They aren't all from the other side of the political aisle like with OMB. They are fellow Democrats including staff. You know, folks with no ulterior motive.

And old Joe has an actual history. He liked to parade around naked in front of the female members of his Secret Service agents while VP. They would complain but old Joe has to be old Joe, and if that means continually flashing women, so be it.

Comment

I have a fair amount of sympathy for Melania Trump, though it's attenuated by the fact that she understood the man she was marrying. But she's a wife and mother and deserves sympathy for things she does not control. I think the people here who have treated Hilary Clinton poorly for her husband's transgressions or tried to wave highly ambiguous excerpts from Ashley Biden's stolen diary around ought to apply themselves to the same compassionate approach.

Whatever "side" you want to sit on, folks ought to have a pretty clear line of sight on a family member's wrongdoing or newsworthy activity before dragging them into the pit.

-Sam
                            "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Old Joe has a slew of female accusers but with one major difference. They aren't all from the other side of the political aisle like with OMB. They are fellow Democrats including staff. You know, folks with no ulterior motive.
                              No, there is another difference as well. No women ever pressed charges or even accused him of anything sexual, and other than Tara Reade, who has since gone to Russia and applied for Russian citizenship, none of them accused Biden of doing anything sexual but were just made uncomfortable because they're rather prudish and don't like being touched. There you go, trying to equate Biden's being inappropriately friendly by today's ridiculous standards, with Trump actually sexually molesting one woman (that we know of) and having mistresses on the side, who he had to pay off to keep them quiet, while married with a pregnant wife at home. It's what you republicans do and being christians your hypocrisy is a poor expression of it

And old Joe has an actual history. He liked to parade around naked in front of the female members of his Secret Service agents while VP. They would complain but old Joe has to be old Joe, and if that means continually flashing women, so be it.
                              Never heard that one. Did that come from Fox News, Alex Jones, Rush or are you making it all up or embellishing. Sounds like you're spreading fake news or embellishing again to me. But even if you're not, he wasn't accused of anything was he?

Comment

And will the sky fall in because a young girl and her father shared a shower? The publication of her private thoughts appears to have done more harm to Ms Biden than the showers with her father.

Regrettably, pandering to prurient titillation remains perennially popular.
                                Correct......!
                                I get the feeling that many of these puritannical Christians would be scared to let their little daughters climb on to their knees, or relax in their arms.

Sad.

Comment