Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

14-year-old Texas boy arrested for bringing homemade clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the Atheists posting here (and Sam?) are looking in a mirror while they type.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Because I honestly don't care what Jaecp thinks or says.

No you don't.
      If you didn't care to some extent, you wouldn't engage him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
        Aaaand sea's right about you.

I have an argument there. I made it nice and simple for you. You, as per the usual, have no idea how to actually react when it's not bandwagon time.
        It's because he's not actually able to do anything other than cheer on the crowd that does all the dirty work, while he stays in the background with his childish one liners.

He's just another bomb thrower that hypocritically demands respect for his own views.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
          You're going to be giving people advise on how to handle these situations?
          Advice. Advice is the noun, advise is a verb. Here's a little help for you on that.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's because he's not actually able to do anything other than cheer on the crowd that does all the dirty work, while he stays in the background with his childish one liners.
            You've just described Jaecp to a T!

He's just another bomb thrower that hypocritically demands respect for his own views.
            Can you give even one example of where I have demanded respect for my own views?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by whag View Post
              If you didn't care to some extent, you wouldn't engage him.
              I'll swat at a mosquito - that doesn't mean that I care what he thinks.

Comment

I've been pretending that you have an education and common sense...
                Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                You're going to be giving people advise on how to handle these situations?
                Education and common sense, eh?

And, by the way - I never said I was going to be giving advise [sic] - that was your own uneducated guess - I'm going to be there to learn, so let not your heart be troubled.

Comment

Lol, right? This is kind of sad. And then his response to you is to... say that I'm doing that? What crowd? There are, maybe, 7-8 liberals on this website.

Comment

And, by the way - I never said I was going to be giving advise [sic] - that was your own uneducated guess - I'm going to be there to learn, so let not your heart be troubled.
                    Originally posted by CP
                    As Police Chaplain, I'll be part of a mulitjurisdictional working breakfast this Saturday dealing with exactly this kind of thing --- how to respond to threats in a balanced manner. Not because of this, but because of a whole bunch of behind-the-scenes stuff that the Irving school officials and police were ALSO aware of, and which may have had an impact on the way they reacted.
                    How did anyone ever get that idea :-/

Oh, wait, it's because the grammar nazi made a stupid grammatical mistake by saying "part of" instead of "at"

edit: incidentally, correcting people on typo's is kind of a waste of time. So what if someone writes advise instead of advice? Or the wrong version of there? I mean, you mostly do it when you've got nothing better to say (like now) because your arguments (and jokes, incidentally) are terrible
                    Last edited by Jaecp; 09-17-2015, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Advice. Advice is the noun, advise is a verb. Here's a little help for you on that.
                      And it's this kind of stuff right here that results in me not taking you very seriously. The best come back you can muster is the tiniest grammatical error I've ever seen pointed out. You're own grammar isn't always so perfect there, Pokey.

Maybe instead of spending time on the internet correcting minor grammar errors, you should learn a thing or two about explosives, igniters , circuit boards, and the functions of a bomb - before you pour further intellectual pollution into our culture.

Comment

And it's this kind of stuff right here that results in me not taking you very seriously. The best come back you can muster is the tiniest grammatical error I've ever seen pointed out. You're own grammar isn't always so perfect there, Pokey.

Maybe instead of spending time on the internet correcting minor grammar errors, you should learn a thing or two about explosives, igniters , circuit boards, and the functions of a bomb - before you pour further intellectual pollution into our culture.
                        Or just that bombs need payloads. Let's keep it simple for him.

You'd think someone at the school would know that.

Comment

Dude, it's one letter difference between the two words. Is this all that you have to contribute?

And you wonder why so many people that argue with you, find you to be a contemptible ass.

Comment

Dude, it's one letter difference between the two words. Is this all that you have to contribute?

And you wonder why so many people that argue with you, find you to be a contemptible ass.
                            Not to mention that my finger can touch both the s and c keys at the same time on some of my keyboards.

Really though, you're absolutely correct. Why focus on pointless nonsense unless your substantively barren where it matters

Comment

• Well, that escalated.

82df769d7a02b33a9d9e54606a734d4d.jpg
                              "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• I'd rather it didn't, Sam, but the go-to on TWeb is still the go-to on TWeb

Comment