Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Can't Even Liberals Agree That This Is Immoral?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    For medical research, or are you against that as well?
    When it's done in this way, yes. I'm also against people being murdered so their organs can go on the black market. I see no difference between the situation I described, and the one being discussed here.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
      When it's done in this way, yes. I'm also against people being murdered so their organs can go on the black market. I see no difference between the situation I described, and the one being discussed here.
      Except, you know, all the really obvious ones

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
        Except, you know, all the really obvious ones
        Okay, I see one. Abortion is legal, murder is not. And no, "personhood" is not an argument. It's claptrap that's consistently been used to rationalize killing of people who are not liked.

Comment

Quick question: Is PP selling or donating the organs? I've heard different claims.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

They are donated

Comment

Okay, I see one. Abortion is legal, murder is not. And no, "personhood" is not an argument. It's claptrap that's consistently been used to rationalize killing of people who are not liked.
              *yawn*

One is being done for the sole purpose of acquiring the organs for financial benefit and in the other the procedure is being done anyway and then you have the option to donate or no where the party has no financial benefit.

These are two radically different situations and while I'm sure all your anti-abortion buddies are going to high five you for comparing it to the black market organ trade you've got to know its a stupid line of reasoning.
              Last edited by Jaecp; 07-19-2015, 05:24 PM.

Comment

The question is not whether a fetus is human in nature, it is, the question is whether or not a fetus is a human being. A piece of dandruff from my scalp is human, but it isn't a human being.

Comment

The question is not whether a fetus is human in nature, it is, the question is whether or not a fetus is a human being. A piece of dandruff from my scalp is human, but it isn't a human being.
                  Personhood isn't even a the line of reasoning here that matters for the comparison.

Comment

These are two radically different situations and while I'm sure all your anti-abortion buddies are going to high five you....
                    I amen'd his post just because of this dumb comment.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

For medical research, or are you against that as well?
                      Of course I'm not against medical research. But killing the unborn, harvesting their organs, then making them available for research purposes seems rather gruesome to me. Barbaric really.

Comment

They are donated
                        They are "donated" but receiving agencies do pay for "costs."

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Zoom View Post
                          They are "donated" but receiving agencies do pay for "costs."
                          Yes, they pay shipping and handling. Got a point?

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Zoom View Post
                            Of course I'm not against medical research. But killing the unborn, harvesting their organs, then making them available for research purposes seems rather gruesome to me. Barbaric really.
                            It would be gruesome if the unborn were actually human beings, and to you it is because to you a fetus is an actual human being, but that is a matter of opinion for which there is no consensus which is why the courts have left the only opinion that matters that of the pregnant woman. Once a woman opts for an abortion, the issue changes which is specifically what we are discussing here. Is it wrong to use human tissue for medical research that could help the living or is that barbaric?

Comment

Yes, they pay shipping and handling. Got a point?
                              Well that is a clarifying point. The "charges" are estimates and in many cases they do make a small profit. The video makes that clear although they don't refer to it as profit.

Comment

It would be gruesome if the unborn were actually human beings, and to you it is because to you a fetus is an actual human being, but that is a matter of opinion for which there is no consensus which is why the courts have left the only opinion that matters that of the pregnant woman. Once a woman opts for an abortion, the issue changes which is specifically what we are discussing here. Is it wrong to use human tissue for medical research that could help the living or is that barbaric?
                                Well you are completely uninformed then. Or way behind the times. Unborn babies are human beings. They are beings and that's a scientific fact. They are a particular kind of being. That kind of being = human.

You don't even understand the question. Is it wrong to kill the unborn (human beings) and harvest their organs like heart, lungs, livers, muscle, head, brain, and process those body parts to organizations that do in fact sell a product made from those human body parts?

And spare me the "help the living" nonsense. You are killing a helpless baby yet unborn to help the "living?" The unborn are living human beings. That is why this issue has not died down since 73 and it never will.

Comment