Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No Room At The Inn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    I'd agree there, but try telling that to our dear friends here. They seem more interested in going on than they do in actually refuting their poor logic and bad reasoning...
    That's amusing considering:

1) CP started the argument.
    2) CP is the one who wants to talk about our feelings instead of answering arguments made to him.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      I read like two lines until I realized from experience that I was reading a pixie post, which I usually don't at all, since they're all long-winded, uninformative, boring and whining. Like truthseeker, you're an automatic "scroll right past" and I see no reason to change that habit. If you have something to say please redact your post down to 1 or two lines (there's rarely more substance in them than that) and I'll be happy to reply.
      Funny, I think the same thing when I read your little rants. Of course, I really don't care what your sad little opinion is, but it seems you're unable to provide an answer (figures), so you'll just run away and declare victory. Run away, Brave Sir Robin, and don't forget to make a few more sad attempts at gloating and to reply with a few more barbs for a few more post. It wouldn't be a true Darthy rant without it.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

That's amusing considering:

1) CP started the argument.
        2) CP is the one who wants to talk about our feelings instead of answering arguments made to him.
        And yet... when I have given a valid reason to his reasons to have an objections, none of you seem interested in answering it. How amusing...
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Yes, with other people who do the same for the same reason (IE: not here, though some of the whiners here, like CP, obviously revel in verbal slaughter). It's like comparing a boxing match to walking around randomly punching people in the head.

What exactly does that mean? When you go to relieve yourself, are you urinating to further the gospel or is your motivation for doing so apart from the gospel?
          Given that Jesus calls for peacemaking, one would think that such behavior would only be used only when strictly necessary. If there is no clear benefit to outweigh the discord aspect (of course Jesus called for division but not for its own sake; not for fun; not for mental health), etc., it doesn't seem like a clear go. Your analogy is ludicrous.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Now this is a good post. If more of your posts were like this I'd scroll past them less often.
            And I care what your sad little opinion is because....
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Funny, I think the same thing when I read your little rants. Of course, I really don't care what your sad little opinion is, but it seems you're unable to provide an answer (figures), so you'll just run away and declare victory. Run away, Brave Sir Robin, and don't forget to make a few more sad attempts at gloating and to reply with a few more barbs for a few more post. It wouldn't be a true Darthy rant without it.
              Your argument was already answered when it was made by Adrift a few pages back, there's no reason to rehash it with someone clearly inferior to him.
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

And I care what your sad little opinion is because....
                ...you keep posting?

Comment

Your argument was already answered when it was made by Adrift a few pages back, there's no reason to rehash it with someone clearly inferior to him.
                  How amusing... but too bad that the Bible was not written to those living in the 21st century, eh? Don't worry Darthy, repeat those lines over and over again and maybe it will become true!
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

...you keep posting?
                    Let me guess...

If I don't respond, it is because I have no answer.

If I do respond, it is because I actually do care what your opinion is.

I do love that 'heads I win and tails you lose' logic there Darthy, but I thought you'd be better at this. Come on now, at least give something that isn't so obvious.
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      Given that Jesus calls for peacemaking, one would think that such behavior would only be used only when strictly necessary. If there is no clear benefit to outweigh the discord aspect (of course Jesus called for division but not for its own sake; not for fun; not for mental health), etc., it doesn't seem like a clear go. Your analogy is ludicrous.
                      Fighting for fun where both participants are there to fight for fun does not cause discord. Quite the opposite. As far as I can tell the only people in such a situation who are causing discord are the moralistic nannies who can't mind their own business.

Comment

If I don't respond, it is because I have no answer.
                        No, I'm sure you have answers for everything. I just don't think they're worth much.

Comment

I'm sure you have answers for everything.
                          Thanks Darthy!

(See, cutting up people's post, to make yourself look better is easy. Come back when you have an actual argument).
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                            What CP says ...

What CP hears ..

Because CP is married, and has daughters.
                            I thought that is how most men operated, when it came to listening to women (at least I think that is how my brothers, dad, and husband tend to operate).
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

The tag line here is, "We Debate Theology... Seriously!" So while it might not be a 'formal' debate forum. It still is a debate forum of some type.
                              I don't see that tagline here anymore (maybe i'm looking in the wrong place though). Maybe the new owners can change it so that that is no longer the tagline. It doesn't seem very accurate anyways. There are over 50 subforums on this website, and only a few of them ever see much debate. And even then, the types of threads we see in those areas range from debate, to congenial discussion, to all out spammy silliness. There are websites out there that are nothing but debate forums where that's all that's done, but this website doesn't appear to be one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                                I don't see that tagline here anymore (maybe i'm looking in the wrong place though). Maybe the new owners can change it so that that is no longer the tagline. It doesn't seem very accurate anyways. There are over 50 subforums on this website, and only a few of them ever see much debate. And even then, the types of threads we see in those areas range from debate, to congenial discussion, to all out spammy silliness. There are websites out there that are nothing but debate forums where that's all that's done, but this website doesn't appear to be one of them.
                                I agree. I certainly don't come here to debate, even less to 'fight'. If this is 'just' a debate site I won't come here.

And BTW, saying 'you're a moron' isn't debate, it's childish pique.

Comment