Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Wendy Davis is a horrible human being

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    We have a lot of anti-Semites on tweb, apparently.

Lol, an internet meme seriously proves you hate Jews. That's pretty funny.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      Funny how attacks upon Sarah Palin are not deemed sexism, but attacks upon Wendy Davis are. Got to love the double standards.
      I read today (I think it was a link on www.instapundit.com) that Wendy Davis or her campaign has now said that the Abbot campaign is "running scared."
      What a classless person.

Comment

Wait a sec... Jesus was a Jew. If you love Jesus, you can't be antisemitic, at least if you want to be consistent.
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
          Wait a sec... Jesus was a Jew. If you love Jesus, you can't be antisemitic, at least if you want to be consistent.
          Sure you can. The Jews alive today are descended from those who killed Jesus, so they're seen as legitimate targets of hatred. What's inconsistent about that? On the other hand, there's that thing about loving your enemies. . . .
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Poll numbers don't show this race to be particularly close; Davis is polarizing enough that I don't see a closing of the gap between now and November in the cards.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Davis, to the liberals, is just another useful idiot.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Maybe the liberals are on to something. They keep electing idiots that don't know how to do anything but make government look bad. Sounds like a good plan to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Maybe the liberals are on to something. They keep electing idiots that don't know how to do anything but make government look bad. Sounds like a good plan to me.
                  It would be GREAT if we didn't have so many stupid people who keep ELECTING and RE-ELECTING such incompetent boobs.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    Sure you can. The Jews alive today are descended from those who killed Jesus, so they're seen as legitimate targets of hatred. What's inconsistent about that? On the other hand, there's that thing about loving your enemies. . . .
                    Jesus laid down his own life. He died because of the sins that we have personally committed.
                    "Faith is nothing less than the will to keep one's mind fixed precisely on what reason has discovered to it." - Edward Feser

Comment

Davis found a way to launch into the national spotlight with that filibuster, but these days the news cycles move so fast and memories are so short that I had no idea if anybody would remember her two weeks later.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by g_w View Post
                        I read today (I think it was a link on www.instapundit.com) that Wendy Davis or her campaign has now said that the Abbot campaign is "running scared."
                        What a classless person.
                        Classless, I think, is just the beginning.
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Soyeong View Post
                          Jesus laid down his own life.
                          Which means he allowed himself to be killed by others. He didn't kill himself.
                          He died because of the sins that we have personally committed.
                          True. Again, though, we didn't personally kill him.

Is it really necessary for me to explicitly specify that anti-semitism is wrong? I'm an INTJ. Bad arguments bother me.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I'm not going to get all worked up over her disability gaffes. I already have more than enough reason to dislike her.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              I'm not going to get all worked up over her disability gaffes. I already have more than enough reason to dislike her.
                              Yeah, the filibuster in support of abortion was quite sufficient.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                                Yeah, she stands up for baby killers. What more reason do you need?

Comment