Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Wendy Davis is a horrible human being

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phank, a person's character does impact their job, especially in politics. For example, if someone lies and cheats on their own spouse or family members, what makes you think they would give a second thought to lying and cheating to strangers they are supposed to represent?

Comment

And when America elected politicians who had earned nicknames like "Tricky Dick" (Nixon) and "Slick Willy" (Clinton) they shouldn't be shocked to discover that they were less than honest.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Wendy Davis has a relatively short political career and has already provided so much evidence for being dishonest in her dealings with the public.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Wendy Davis has a relatively short political career and has already provided so much evidence for being dishonest in her dealings with the public.
          There is some interesting Texas "folklore" about Wendy that, IF she mounts a serious campaign, MAY come back to bite her.. but I think Abott is too much a gentleman to utilize it, OR to "back channel OK" it.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Wendy Davis has suddenly become a GUN ADVOCATE!!!!!

She has recently been touting an "open carry" policy for Texas --- we now have concealed carry provisions. She had been ANTI-GUN prior to running for Governor, but, apparently, realizes "if you're gonna play in Texas, ya gotta have a fiddler handgun in the band!"

(her party is not very happy with this position)

(we'll see if the strikethrough function works)

DRAT!!!!!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Isn't it already legal to open carry a gun in Texas as well as most states?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Isn't it already legal to open carry a gun in Texas as well as most states?
                Texas does not have "open carry" -- a concealed carry permit is required. We have "the castle doctrine" which allows you to have guns in your home, and by extension, your vehicle, but not on your person without a permit.

There is a push for open carry, and Wendy has jumped on the bandwagon, cause it's her only hope to attract most Texans.

Comment

I was at a Pastor Conference Monday morning in Houston, and several of the Pastors from Austin were in attendance. One of them was giving a report on the "Wendy Davis" situation. His Church had a number of pro-life members show up to demonstrate at the Sate Capitol, and his report was quite interesting.

He told how his group broke into small prayer groups, and would be praying for the legislative process concerning abortion. Out of nowhere came a larger group of "pro-choice" people chanting satanic chants, including "hail satan, prince of darkness". They were acting in a menacing manner, surrounding the prayer groups and out-shouting them, and it was a clear attempt at intimidation. (As my legal counsel, Spartacus, pointed out, they probably weren't "real" satan worshipers, but they sure played the part.) This pretty much went on all day, including in the "overflow room", because the chamber where the now infamous "filibuster" took place was full.

The pastor went home that night, expecting to see these reports on the local news, because the news crews were there in full force. He was stunned that not a single event as he described was depicted, though they managed to interview a number of "pro-choice" advocates.

He showed us several iphone video clips of what he was talking about, and then he showed us the video from the nightly newscast for that day. The difference was quite striking. Now, if the "satanic chanting" stuff had been only a few isolated incidents, it would be understandable, but they were, reportedly, "out in full force", and quite prevalent.

Austin is quite "different" from the rest of Texas.

Comment

Propoganda and oppression refined to an art form is what those people have done. If I didn't trust mainstream news media, I definitely don't do so now. Utterly disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Some Dude View Post
                      Propoganda and oppression refined to an art form is what those people have done. If I didn't trust mainstream news media, I definitely don't do so now. Utterly disgusting.
                      Here's one source:

Source: TheBlaze.com

The abortion battle in Texas was still raging Tuesday as both abortion supporters and pro-life activists flooded the State Capitol to make their voices heard. The Texas House and Senate reconvened briefly for a special session called by Gov. Rick Perry.

One of the more bizarre tactics used by pro-abortion activists involved chanting “Hail Satan!” to harass a pro-life crowd as they sang “Amazing Grace.”

Texas blogger Adam Cahm was able to capture the “Hail Satan” chant on video.

© Copyright Original Source

The videos I saw were much more graphic, but you can see the "blue shirts" and the "orange shirts". What gets me is how hateful the "orange shirts" look.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Here's one source:

The abortion battle in Texas was still raging Tuesday as both abortion supporters and pro-life activists flooded the State Capitol to make their voices heard. The Texas House and Senate reconvened briefly for a special session called by Gov. Rick Perry.

One of the more bizarre tactics used by pro-abortion activists involved chanting “Hail Satan!” to harass a pro-life crowd as they sang “Amazing Grace.”

The videos I saw were much more graphic, but you can see the "blue shirts" and the "orange shirts". What gets me is how hateful the "orange shirts" look.
                        Didn't the pro-abortion crowd engage in this tactic (chanting "Hail Satan") last Summer when the Texas legislature was voting on limiting abortion? They received a good deal of negative publicity for it so what would possess them to do it again?

Comment

Didn't the pro-abortion crowd engage in this tactic (chanting "Hail Satan") last Summer when the Texas legislature was voting on limiting abortion? They received a good deal of negative publicity for it so what would possess them to do it again?
                          I can't resist....

SATAN?

Comment

I can't resist....

SATAN?
                            I almost put "no pun intended" next to "what would possess them" but it wouldn't be true.

Comment

I almost put "no pun intended" next to "what would possess them" but it wouldn't be true.
                              You put the ball on the tee -- I HAD to swing --- I couldn't NOT!

Comment

Here's one source:

If the media doesn't want to report it. Time to hit the net and send the stuff off to other news groups.
                                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment