Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Wendy Davis is a horrible human being

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Which means he allowed himself to be killed by others. He didn't kill himself.
    True. Again, though, we didn't personally kill him.

Is it really necessary for me to explicitly specify that anti-semitism is wrong? I'm an INTJ. Bad arguments bother me.
    Neither did the Jew's descendants!
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
      Neither did the Jew's descendants!
      I seem to recall a passage from scripture that goes "Let his blood be upon us and on our children."
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        I seem to recall a passage from scripture that goes "Let his blood be upon us and on our children."
        That was just a thing they said back then. It wouldn't be binding and it is no excuse for antisemitism!!!
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

I really don't like this woman. She graduated from my high school and when I was there she came and gave some assembly speech. I don't remember most of it. I just remember that I thought she was horrifically stupid even then.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
          "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
          Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Wow. One post after another, 34 by my count, basically saying that because Wendy Davis is a POS, so is anything she has to say! Almost no direct criticism of her position, all personal attacks.

I've never met her, and I don't know anything about her, but I don't care. The merits of any political position are independent of the character of any individual politician.

As far as I can tell, Davis became newsworthy for mounting a well-covered effort to filibuster away a truly terrible political policy. But perhaps most people here simply cannot grasp any difference between hating the policy, and hating the person promoting it.

Comment

Originally posted by phank View Post
              I've never met her, and I don't know anything about her
              Exactly.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The merits of any political position are independent of the character of any individual politician.
                So, for example, a pedophile would make a wonderful Governor, as long as he was a good administrator?

As far as I can tell, Davis became newsworthy for mounting a well-covered effort to filibuster away a truly terrible political policy.
                Please demonstrate your understanding of the terrible political policy she filibustered.

Thanks
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Wow. One post after another, 34 by my count, basically saying that because Wendy Davis is a POS, so is anything she has to say!
                  You're not very good at counting then. This thread was, from the start, about her poor character. Her political positions, while execrable, are not really the subject of this thread.

But perhaps most people here simply cannot grasp any difference between hating the policy, and hating the person promoting it.
                  "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

I found it amusing that when Davis engaged in a filibuster the media portrayed it as courageously standing up for what she believed in but when Ted Cruz conducted a filibuster the same media characterized it as outrageous showboating

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Phank,

I created a thread here to follow up on the "truly terrible political policy" of Texas Senate Bill 5.

Thanks

My apologies to Whag... I erroneously listed him as the source.
                      Last edited by Cow Poke; 01-27-2014, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        I found it amusing that when Davis engaged in a filibuster the media portrayed it as courageously standing up for what she believed in but when Ted Cruz conducted a filibuster the same media characterized it as outrageous showboating
                        Well, he's a guy*. And conservative.

*but not Jake from State Farm

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Whag,

I created a thread here to follow up on the "truly terrible political policy" of Texas Senate Bill 5.

Thanks
                          That's not whag. Unless you're purposefully switching them up in which case please carry on.
                          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                            That's not whag. Unless you're purposefully switching them up in which case please carry on.
                            I had already apologized in post #40, but you may have been writing your post as I posted that. Nonetheless, yet another opportunity for me to say I goofed... yeah, I meant Phank.

Comment

Wendy, in her enthusiasm to be Governor of Texas, "enhanced her resume" a wee bit.

I like how she explained it to the Dallas Morning News....

"She has commented upon the discrepancies in the story about her early life, telling the Dallas Morning News, "My language should be tighter. I’m learning about using broader, looser language. I need to be more focused on the detail.""

That's a political way of saying "I need to stick closer to the truth" without admitting she prevaricated.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                                You're not very good at counting then. This thread was, from the start, about her poor character. Her political positions, while execrable, are not really the subject of this thread.
                                Uh huh, right, her political positions never even crossed anyone's mind. She's just being singled out for the tar and feathers treatment because every other Texas legislature is a comparative saint - especially those who voted against Davis's position.

I've been reading this kind of thing for a long time now, and I have NEVER seen ANYONE attack the personal character of any politician whose policies they like. Nor, by sheer coincidence, do I see anyone on this thread who approves of her policies, piling on the denigration wagon.

Comment