Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Lab Leak: The conspiracy theory is shaping up to look like real possibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

What it means is that it's possible that the decision was made from above, and he's the one who carried out the orders.

Unless you agree with Gondwanaland that there is no chance that he would ever do anything without being directed to.
    It is always conceivable but I'd bet such a decision would have been above his pay grade and at the very least he would have to receive approval.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      It is always conceivable but I'd bet such a decision would have been above his pay grade and at the very least he would have to receive approval.
      Did you read the article?

Comment

You are in effect claiming that no one who works for the Chinese government ever makes any decisions unless directed to do so by that government.
        That..... tends to be how authoritarian governments work. Especially when they've already been on a deleting spree for months prior to cover up their dirty laundry.
        Do you hear yourself?
        Were you perhaps dropped on your head as a child? Like, multiple times?

Comment

Did you read the article?
          The article does not address the government in question, nor the fact that the sequences were around in March and then deleted, when at that point China was already purging all records in Wuhan doctor offices/laboratories.

You have to be clueless as hell not to make the connection.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
            Were you perhaps dropped on your head as a child? Like, multiple times?
            You are just determined to be as unpleasant as you can possibly be, aren't you?

Comment

The article does not address the government in question, nor the fact that the sequences were around in March and then deleted, when at that point China was already purging all records in Wuhan doctor offices/laboratories.

You have to be clueless as hell not to make the connection.
              Shills are never clueless. Shills are gonna shill.

Comment

You are just determined to be as unpleasant as you can possibly be, aren't you?
                I see you couldn't address anything I actually said, so I'll take that as a "Yes, dozens of times"

Comment

I see you couldn't address anything I actually said, so I'll take that as a "Yes, dozens of times"
                  I'll take that as a yes.

Comment

I see you couldn't address anything I actually said
                    He did.

You said, “Were you perhaps dropped on your head as a child? Like, multiple times?”

Comment

• Originally posted by Backup View Post

He did.

You said, “Were you perhaps dropped on your head as a child? Like, multiple times?”
                      And he, like you so love to, cut out the rest of my post. But sure, he did address that part by confirming my suspicious in an oblique manner.

Comment

• Sudden Shift in COVID-19 Lab Leak Narrative ‘Mysterious’: Evolutionary Biologist

The sudden shift in narrative over the possibility that COVID-19 could have emerged from a lab in Wuhan, China, is mysterious and is evidence of “just how corrupt our system has become,” according to evolutionary biologist Bret Weinstein.

Weinstein, biologist and co-host of the DarkHorse Podcast, has since last year explored the possibility that COVID-19 could have emerged from a laboratory. He told Epoch TV’s “American Thought Leaders” program (episode premiering on Sat. July 3) that the fact that the hypothesis is now receiving widespread recognition from the international community is “completely mysterious.”

“My channel was very early on this topic, and it was quite clear to many of us, starting with the tremendous coincidence of this virus having emerged first in Wuhan, where there is a biosafety level four lab studying these very viruses and enhancing them,” said Weinstein. “It was quite clear that there was at least a viable hypothesis that needed to be discussed.

Weinstein, a visiting fellow at the James Madison Program at Princeton University, said that before the narrative surrounding the COVID-19 lab leak theory gained traction, those who did discuss it were stigmatized, demonized and “portrayed as everything from racist to reactionary.”

“All we were doing was following the evidence,” Weinstein continued. “The change in that story was, I have to say, completely mysterious.”

What I find so mysterious is why folks like him find it so mysterious. Maybe it's the discomfort of the floodgates to his denial being unleashed. The shock of finding out just how corrupt the institution is that you're apart of.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                          Sudden Shift in COVID-19 Lab Leak Narrative ‘Mysterious’: Evolutionary Biologist

What I find so mysterious is why folks like him find it so mysterious. Maybe it's the discomfort of the floodgates to his denial being unleashed. The shock of finding out just how corrupt the institution is that you're apart of.
                          I think it is more of a case of, why now.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Hm, interesting. Apparently EcoHealth Alliance, the organization that funneled several million dollars of NIAID money into the Wuhan Lab's gain of function research (as a way of getting around gain of function restrictions that the US had)..... also recieved over 30 million dollars in grants from the Pentagon for some murky bioweapons research ( possibly DARPA related? At the very least DTRA related, supposedly for 'defense' against bioweapons).

Wonder how much of that also went to the Wuhan Lab GoF research.... Seems more and more like we were intimately involved with what was going on in China, which makes all the more sense why EcoHealth and Fauci and related actors were so vehemently against the lab leak theory and worked so hard with the media to proclaim it was a vile racist conspiracy theory.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/in-the...pons-research/

Comment

Hm, interesting. Apparently EcoHealth Alliance, the organization that funneled several million dollars of NIAID money into the Wuhan Lab's gain of function research (as a way of getting around gain of function restrictions that the US had)..... also recieved over 30 million dollars in grants from the Pentagon for some murky bioweapons research ( possibly DARPA related? At the very least DTRA related, supposedly for 'defense' against bioweapons).

Wonder how much of that also went to the Wuhan Lab GoF research.... Seems more and more like we were intimately involved with what was going on in China, which makes all the more sense why EcoHealth and Fauci and related actors were so vehemently against the lab leak theory and worked so hard with the media to proclaim it was a vile racist conspiracy theory.

Yeah, anytime somebody works so hard to declare something a non-issue --- you can pretty much bank on it being an issue.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Hm, interesting. Apparently EcoHealth Alliance, the organization that funneled several million dollars of NIAID money into the Wuhan Lab's gain of function research (as a way of getting around gain of function restrictions that the US had)..... also recieved over 30 million dollars in grants from the Pentagon for some murky bioweapons research ( possibly DARPA related? At the very least DTRA related, supposedly for 'defense' against bioweapons).

I imagine this won't get much traction here. That's a DEEP rabbithole even for conservatives I'm guessing. Those implications are pretty scary.

Comment