Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Lab Leak: The conspiracy theory is shaping up to look like real possibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Given that and the fact that
    • they are trying to stop any investigations into the lab and the fact that
    • there just happened to be a lab studying those viruses in the very same city that it broke out in and
    • the nearest natural source of the virus (the bats) lived 1000 miles away, and
    • we have suspicions they were doing gain of function experiments there and
    • your source said a single mutation in the spike protein allowed it to infect humans...
    Occam's razor suggests that the lab probably made that mutation in the lab and it escaped.

As of now the most UNLIKELY explanation is that it occurred naturally.
    Occam's Razor is misapplied here, because as cited there are two equally viable options. As cited one mutation in nature could lead to the virus that causes Covid-19.

Distance is not a barrier to the transmission in the modern world, because the animals and people travel this route constantly everyday.

Suspicions do not count as evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Occam's Razor is misapplied here, because as cited there are two equally viable options. As cited one mutation in nature could lead to the virus that causes Covid-19.

Distance is not a barrier to the transmission in the modern world, because the animals and people travel this route constantly everyday.

Suspicions do not count as evidence.

They are not equally viable options.

And yes, distance is a barrier. You claim that a one in a million mutation just happened to occur in a bat and that very same bat just so happened to encounter some person who just happened to get infected and started a pandemic has the same likelyhood as a lab who was experimenting in those very viruses accidentally or on purposed leaked said virus into the population? And now the Chinese government want to cover up something that never happened? Go on, pull the other one.

Comment

They are not equally viable options.

And yes, distance is a barrier. You claim that a one in a million mutation just happened to occur in a bat and that very same bat just so happened to encounter some person who just happened to get infected and started a pandemic has the same likelyhood as a lab who was experimenting in those very viruses accidentally or on purposed leaked said virus into the population? And now the Chinese government want to cover up something that never happened? Go on, pull the other one.
        I did not claim any such thing and neither did my reference. My scientific research reference determined that it was readily possible for the mutation needed to take place easily,

No, distance is not a problem. It is documented that people travel across this distance all the time and transport the animals that may carry the virus..

Comment

I did not claim any such thing and neither did my reference. My scientific research reference determined that it was readily possible for the mutation needed to take place easily,

No, distance is not a problem. It is documented that people travel across this distance all the time and transport the animals that may carry the virus..
          Gee it could have been the scientists who went into the caves to get the bats so they could study the virus!

Comment

Gee it could have been the scientists who went into the caves to get the bats so they could study the virus!
            No it was dealers in the animals of the region that were potentially infected by the virus that causes Covid-19. It has been documented that animals of the region that humans collect and raise and sell in the markets of China and Southeast Asia carry the viruses from bats, actually this is true throughout Southeastern China and Southeast Asia. It is also true of the source of the previous SARS epidemic.

Comment

No it was dealers in the animals of the region that were potentially infected by the virus that causes Covid-19. It has been documented that animals of the region that humans collect and raise and sell in the markets of China and Southeast Asia carry the viruses from bats, actually this is true throughout Southeastern China and Southeast Asia. It is also true of the source of the previous SARS epidemic.
              Or the lab guys thought they could make an extra buck and sell their dead bats at the market.

Comment

Or the lab guys thought they could make an extra buck and sell their dead bats at the market.
                Huh?!?!?!

Comment

Huh?!?!?!

Except news reports say one of the lab people, Huang Yanling, was patient zero. And was disappeared/covered up along with several other lab personnel.
                  https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/cov...6ZQG2WLHDDTNA/

Comment

And the first confirmed cases being among employees who worked at the lab is just a coincidence?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

No the statistics and police reports document thie. You and other Trump worshipers admit that you cannot respond coherently nor refute the statistics.
                      I think JimL has managed to hack Shuny's account. OR --- Shuny has managed to out-dummy JimL.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I think JimL has managed to hack Shuny's account. OR --- Shuny has managed to out-dummy JimL.
                        No meaning nor coherent response concerning the topic of the thread.

I presented references and facts, and you nothing in response.
                        Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-26-2021, 04:05 PM.

Comment

No meaning nor coherent response concerning the topic of the thread.
                          That could be applied to about 90% of your posts - especially your psychotic "Trump is your God" idiocy.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That could be applied to about 90% of your posts - especially your psychotic "Trump is your God" idiocy.

Comment

I'm pointing out what a bird-brained ignorant Hillbilly you are painting yourself as with your psychotic "Trump is your God" mantra.
                              The evidence for that is all over this board.

Comment

I'm pointing out what a bird-brained ignorant Hillbilly you are painting yourself as with your psychotic "Trump is your God" mantra.
                                I'm pointing out what a bird-brained ignorant Hillbilly you are painting yourself as with your psychotic "

Trump is your God"

Comment