Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Coronavirus Outbreak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    No, because when you crowd a hospital with people who don't actually have the virus you tie up valuable resources and expose them to people who actually DO have the virus. Better if people stay home until they are actually sick enough to need a hospital. Then if they just have a regular cold or flu, they can stay home get better and not get the coronavirus on top of it.
    With my first child, my wife would dutifully bring him in for his regularly scheduled "well baby" checkups at the pediatrician. After the third time, she noticed he would reliably get sick about 10-days later, so she said, "Screw that!" and would only bring our kids in if there was something wrong.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

No, because when you crowd a hospital with people who don't actually have the virus you tie up valuable resources and expose them to people who actually DO have the virus. Better if people stay home until they are actually sick enough to need a hospital. Then if they just have a regular cold or flu, they can stay home get better and not get the coronavirus on top of it.
      If people go to hospital and are tested positive they would be quarantined protecting the public from further exposure. They'll only be flooding the hospitals if the virus is allowed to spread in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
        They'll force you to become trans, then cut off your legs so that you can fit in the hobbit holes they want to put you in as part of Agenda 21.
        [Red Dwarf]
        Agenda 21? Isn't that the program for replacing light bulbs on intercity trains with LED equivalents?
        [/Red Dwarf]
        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          With my first child, my wife would dutifully bring him in for his regularly scheduled "well baby" checkups at the pediatrician. After the third time, she noticed he would reliably get sick about 10-days later, so she said, "Screw that!" and would only bring our kids in if there was something wrong.
          I would think once this thing spreads, a hospital would be the last place you would want to be. Unfortunately I have to go in for labs once a month. I might start wearing a mask when I do. Definitely will be washing my hands often after touching stuff at the hospital.

They said the reason the Spanish flu spread so fast was because everyone was crowded together in hospital camps/wards because they were so overwhelmed. Which just made it spread faster.

Get one nurse sick and she can spread it to a lot of patients before any symptoms show. Even with the modern protocols of them washing their hands when entering your room. They lean over and breath on you. boom.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Yeah, better that people should get sick and ignore it, possibly die, and further spread it, because they can't afford to see a doctor.
            Do you always freak out, like this Jimmy?
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
              They'll force you to become trans, then cut off your legs so that you can fit in the hobbit holes they want to put you in as part of Agenda 21.
              :)

So your good with the Soros inspired program to be forcefully transexualized (is that the right word?) Life is easier for the atheists, we Christians have to worry about whether it is sinful or not if we retain an attraction to the fairer sex.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                Do you always freak out, like this Jimmy?
                It's called being sensible, Lilpix.

Comment

It's called being sensible, Lilpix.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• It's called being sensible, Lilpix, not freaking out.

Comment

It's called being sensible, Lilpix, not freaking out.
                      So can you explain how the precautions are any different than flu seasons ones are?
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

It's called being sensible, Lilpix, not freaking out.
                        You think it is sensible for people to run to the hospital for every sniffle and clog up the system?

Comment

You think it is sensible for people to run to the hospital for every sniffle and clog up the system?
                          The only one suggesting such a happening, was you. The system will only get clogged if and when the virus spreads, and that only happens if people with symptoms are not tested.

Comment

The only one suggesting such a happening, was you. The system will only get clogged if and when the virus spreads, and that only happens if people with symptoms are not tested.
                            You were the one who complained when I said that not everyone with a sniffle should go to the hospital. Then you argued your position was "sensible"

There are not enough tests kits to test everyone with the sniffles.

Comment

• Originally posted by simplicio View Post
                              What will the response be if it does become pandemic and people realize that our health care system does not have the slack capacity (factory model) to handle cases?

We do expect godlike results from doctors at CDC, WHO, public health services, big Pharm, and at universities (I think I covered the major players), and are outraged when the recommendations resemble a form of triage. Triage plays a role only when the local health care is overwhelmed as in war and epidemics.
                              What will the response be? Maybe people will finally grow up? Wishful thinking, demi knows.
                              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment