Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

So The American Heartland Is A Racist Term?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I didn't like robots so much, I'd want to change my Profile pic to Pepe the frog drinking milk and doing the "ok" sign.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post

Pepe the frog, kekistan, cucks, all started out as trolling of liberals, part of the internet culture. But they took on a life of their own, such that when Trump was elected, someone quipped that a Edited by a Moderator internet meme elected the President.
      Pepe still remains an Internet phenomenon. Like the Hillary staffers whose whining brought Pepe to public attention, you're taking the Internet too seriously.

Try spending less time online.
      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
        I'm mocking the whole RACISM!!! bogeyman.

And I have no idea what the flip you're talking about with "Heartland, milk, and Pepe the Frog."
        yes, I am aware that you were mocking the whole racism thing. But the irony, which is lost on you, is that the milk, heartland, Pepe the Frog, Kekistan, were also used to mock the racism thing. But were openly used by racists. Kekistan had a special pride of place in alt right rally at Charlottesville in 2017, Unite the Right Rally wanted to unite Kekistanis under their banner.

Chugging milk is a neutral thing, nothing inherently racist about it. But it is used by racists. So is "heartland" and Pepe the Frog.

Comment

If I didn't like robots so much, I'd want to change my Profile pic to Pepe the frog drinking milk and doing the "ok" sign.
          But would you use the inocuous numerals like 1488, or a username like "Noseberg Shekelstein", even if you did not like robots so much?

Or Shlomo "Lampshade" Shekelstein! Lampshades are neutral, nothing at all racist.

Is there some line where American Christians will stand on, and declare that it is too far?
          Last edited by simplicio; 02-03-2020, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Recognizing that certain memes, used mockingly, is not surrendering to the racist fringe. The image of the gas grill with the caption "Jewish stroller" is offensive, it is parody and seen as humorous, and mocks standard values. Bourgeois values. The meme of the lampshade mounted before the synagogue, even without a swastika, is not innocent, even used to mock middle class, mainstream values. And mock the values of the social justice radicals like the ADL.

Yes, one can have lampshades and an oven in your house and not be antisemitic. And one can use the term heartland and not be racist. But at some point we have to acknowledge that there are some uses of those in ways that should be acknowledged, and confronted.

Comment

But would you use the inocuous numerals like 1488, or a username like "Noseberg Shekelstein", even if you did not like robots so much?

Or Shlomo "Lampshade" Shekelstein! Lampshades are neutral, nothing at all racist.

Is there some line where American Christians will stand on, and declare that it is too far?
              Recognizing that certain memes, used mockingly, is not surrendering to the racist fringe. The image of the gas grill with the caption "Jewish stroller" is offensive, it is parody and seen as humorous, and mocks standard values. Bourgeois values. The meme of the lampshade mounted before the synagogue, even without a swastika, is not innocent, even used to mock middle class, mainstream values. And mock the values of the social justice radicals like the ADL.

Yes, one can have lampshades and an oven in your house and not be antisemitic. And one can use the term heartland and not be racist. But at some point we have to acknowledge that there are some uses of those in ways that should be acknowledged, and confronted.
              Where the hell are you seeing this stuff, man? I obviously don't visit the same websites or hang with the same crowd you do because this is the first time I'm hearing about some of this. Wow.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Where the hell are you seeing this stuff, man? I obviously don't visit the same websites or hang with the same crowd you do because this is the first time I'm hearing about some of this. Wow.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

So the 1488 stuff is just a hoax?

And I would assume that the 420 stuff is also a hoax, without any real significance!

But was the demonstration of white, Anglo Saxon manhood marching and chanting "Jews will not replace us" of no real significance? Just because the ideas are spouted for their shock value, the ideas should not be discounted.

Comment

So the 1488 stuff is just a hoax?
                    I never heard of that till you mentioned it here.

And I would assume that the 420 stuff is also a hoax, without any real significance!
                    But was the demonstration of white, Anglo Saxon manhood marching and chanting "Jews will not replace us" of no real significance? Just because the ideas are spouted for their shock value, the ideas should not be discounted.
                    And I doubt the Jew loving Trump would be their role model.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I've never heard of any of those things, have no idea what they mean, but since they are supposedly EBIL!!!, then yes, I would try to include them in the Profile pic.
                      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                        And I doubt the Jew loving Trump would be their role model.
                        your doubts do not comport to reality. several alt right racists jumped on the Trump bandwagon early on.

just because you are not familiar with the usages of 14, 88, and 1488, does not mean they do not exist. The same idea applies to using swastika today for a political or religious symbol, which has not always had any association with repugnant ideas. One can not appropriate the swastika as a symbol for their group, without drawing serious questioning of motives.

I do think it possible a Christian could pick up and use "Noseberg Shekelstein" innocently. But I also think it unlikely that he could be taken seriously if he continued to use it after it was explained to him. At some point the same associations would apply to the Christian as well as to the racists who use the term with intent.

Comment

I'm vaguely aware of "420" only as it applies to pot-heads.

I'm more into March 14 as Pi Day.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

I've never heard of any of those things, have no idea what they mean, but since they are supposedly EBIL!!!, then yes, I would try to include them in the Profile pic.
                            Okay, so you can see yourself using the term Shlomo "Lampshade" Shekelstein, you do not recognize it as a line you won't be willing to cross.

Comment

your doubts do not comport to reality. several alt right racists jumped on the Trump bandwagon early on.
                              just because you are not familiar with the usages of 14, 88, and 1488, does not mean they do not exist. The same idea applies to using swastika today for a political or religious symbol, which has not always had any association with repugnant ideas. One can not appropriate the swastika as a symbol for their group, without drawing serious questioning of motives.
                              I do think it possible a Christian could pick up and use "Noseberg Shekelstein" innocently. But I also think it unlikely that he could be taken seriously if he continued to use it after it was explained to him. At some point the same associations would apply to the Christian as well as to the racists who use the term with intent.
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                                Which doesn’t change the fact that Trump is a Jew lover.

I’m not that old and don’t remember any of those things. Are you sure you’re not being taken for a ride? 4/20 has been associated with smoking weed since the 70’s, when did it become a racist thing?

Again, wasn’t a thing when I was a teen. Are you sure you’re not being trolled by 4 Chan or one of those other websites?
                                I did not imply that 420 was a racist thing, but presented it as an example of a numeral being imbued with meaning outside of its role in arithmetic. It is an effective communication tool, both the sender and the receiver can recognize its meaning, it gained a certain panache because of its ambiguity. Communication depends on both parties recognizing the meaning.

So which is it, that the alt right racists would be interested in Trump or not??

The Unite the Right Rally at Charlottesville is hardly ancient history. 14, 88, and 1488 was part of the message, they exist and have been used for decades among neo nazi groups.

Comment