Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

So The American Heartland Is A Racist Term?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So The American Heartland Is A Racist Term?

Don't you love when they eat their own?

Pete Buttigieg faces racism, 'dog whistle' accusations after touting his roots in 'American Heartland'

A smattering of media figures attacked former South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg on Wednesday, suggesting that he used racist language when he called for a president who had their roots in the "American Heartland."

"It is a dog whistle," former CNN anchor Soledad O'Brien tweeted. "And maybe Mayor Pete isn’t aware of that. There is nothing more virtuous about a vision honed in the Heartland.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/pete-b...ican-heartland
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

I live at the edge of Pennsyltucky, which is the "heartland" of PA. I hope that equally counts as racist.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
      I live at the edge of Pennsyltucky, which is the "heartland" of PA. I hope that equally counts as racist.
      The left is just insane... How long before Buttigieg apologizes?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
        You hope that there are enough racists there were that the region counts as racist?

Or do you hope that racist ideas have enough influence that the region can be called racist?

Pennsyltucky is like Alabama, but without the blacks.

Mayor Pete has been dogged by charges of racism since the beginning of his candidacy. What makes this thread bizarre is that the nutbars on one side of the political divide see everything as racist, while Christian conservative recognize nothing as racist, even the usage of terms like Heartland, milk, Pepe the Frog as used by overt racists.

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
          while Christian conservative recognize nothing as racist, even the usage of terms like Heartland, milk, Pepe the Frog as used by overt racists.
          Overt racists? You mean a handful of idiots? I mean really are we going to let a few knuckleheads turn the term heartland into a racist meme? I never heard that heartland was a racist dog whistle until the left complained. Nonsense...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            Overt racists? You mean a handful of idiots? I mean really are we going to let a few knuckleheads turn the term heartland into a racist meme? I never heard that heartland was a racist dog whistle until the left complained. Nonsense...
            Yes, dear heart. Nazis and Klanners are racists, and overt racists at that. And they do use inoccuous things like milk and 'heartland' as racist dog whistles. Why is that so hard to acknowledge? Whether they are idiots or not is immaterial.

I see the overtly PC concept of "woke" which seeks and finds racism everywhere as bad as the opposite problem of refusing to recognize anything as racist. Both positions trivialize racism and the problems posed by racism and racist ideas.

The PC heresy hunters are of the same ilk as the Christians who seek and find satanic symbolism everywhere, deep state threats, betrayals of the faith, and commie infiltrations in each day's news.

Comment

Yes, dear heart. Nazis and Klanners are racists, and overt racists at that. And they do use inoccuous things like milk and 'heartland' as racist dog whistles. Why is that so hard to acknowledge? Whether they are idiots or not is immaterial.

I see the overtly PC concept of "woke" which seeks and finds racism everywhere as bad as the opposite problem of refusing to recognize anything as racist. Both positions trivialize racism and the problems posed by racism and racist ideas.

The PC heresy hunters are of the same ilk as the Christians who seek and find satanic symbolism everywhere, deep state threats, betrayals of the faith, and commie infiltrations in each day's news.
              So we should stop using terms like heartland and milk? We should agree that they are racist dog whistles? That Buttigieg was rightly chided?

Comment

You hope that there are enough racists there were that the region counts as racist?

Or do you hope that racist ideas have enough influence that the region can be called racist?

Mayor Pete has been dogged by charges of racism since the beginning of his candidacy. What makes this thread bizarre is that the nutbars on one side of the political divide see everything as racist, while Christian conservative recognize nothing as racist, even the usage of terms like Heartland, milk, Pepe the Frog as used by overt racists.
                I'll grant Pepe the Frog, but milk? Really, dude?
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

When everything is racist, nothing is racist.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    Lurking as per usual.

But in fairness I had also heard of this - often as milk emojis and the like. Basically 'white as milk' or thoughts to that effect.

[edited to add] Forgot the other bit - apparently the ability to digest lactose found in milk was a mutation that occurred in European cattle herders ~5000 years ago, hence people of white European ancestry being able to tolerate milk more so than those from different ancestral backgrounds, which is superior. Or something.
                    Last edited by EvoUK; 01-31-2020, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Yes, dear heart. Nazis and Klanners are racists, and overt racists at that. And they do use inoccuous things like milk and 'heartland' as racist dog whistles.

Oh man! I almost burst into laughter here at work. I snorted. I can barely type this out!

The left has gone off the cliff. Jumped the shark. And Simplicio is holding on to their coattails.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        It's white!

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                          When everything is racist, nothing is racist.
                          exactly.

It's like crying wolf.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            exactly.

It's like crying wolf.
                            Democrats seem to fail to understand this simple point. When you accuse all your opponents of being racist, sexist, homophobic, Nazi’s, or whatever adjective you can think of to attach, it begins to lose its zing. The only people listening are those already inclined to agree, a real problem for a national election where you need the political center, to win.
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                              Don't you love when they eat their own?
                              I like to remind myself every once in a while that I'm racist. IMO everyone is. It is perfectly natural to be wary of anything unfamiliar, and often that's nothing more than appearances. It's how I deal with those instincts that's relevant.

Comment