Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

So The American Heartland Is A Racist Term?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    er, what?

The whole point was that it was a troll and the liberals ate it up and now they STILL believe it and so do you. Even if white supremacists drank milk that doesn't make it a racist symbol. Not even if they WANTED it to be. Do you let white supremacists lead you around by the nose? What if they decided to make something liberals like and make it into a "racist symbol" like say, the rainbow? If white supremacists started using the rainbow as a symbol of racism, would you or the other liberals suddenly stop using the symbol for LBGT and call it a racist symbol?

Why did you have to look it (Noseberg Shekelstein) up? If you had to go to google, then you did not depend on your own knowledge, knowledge about how Jewish stereotypes have been used. My point is that your own knowledge was enough for you to recognize the nature of the Noseberg Shekelstein, and lampshade, as an epithet.

Yes, the milk chugging was a troll used to outrage liberals. And so is lampshade and Noseberg Shekelstein to refer to Jews also a troll. But it is antisemitic. And not surprisingly, racism and antisemitism are often found in the same groups.

In fact, some milk chuggers had enough of a sense of humor to use both the milk and the Jew face humor. Oy!

but one thing that we can depend on Christians: not to be offended by use of such memes, while expressing consternation over things like critical race theory influencing Christians, women standing on a podium and teaching to an audience which includes men, government using the hard earned money of citizens for charitable works of mercy, or social justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      I'm still trying to figure out what this reference to lampshades is all about. The only thing I can think of is the "lampshade hanging" trope where a work of fiction will go out of its way to acknowledge that a plot point is ridiculous before simply moving on with the story -- for instance, a character in a movie saying, "I thought this kind of stuff only happened in the movies!"
      So every Finial Destination movie ever made...
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out what this reference to lampshades is all about. The only thing I can think of is the "lampshade hanging" trope where a work of fiction will go out of its way to acknowledge that a plot point is ridiculous before simply moving on with the story -- for instance, a character in a movie saying, "I thought this kind of stuff only happened in the movies!"
        I suggest you look up the Holocaust and then look at the arts and crafts of the extermination camps. Although rare and arguably apocryphal, human skins were used to make lampshades and other everyday objects. So it does carry a special connotation within Jewish antisemitic rhetoric.

Comment

• Originally posted by simplicio View Post
          Why did you have to look it (Noseberg Shekelstein) up? If you had to go to google, then you did not depend on your own knowledge, knowledge about how Jewish stereotypes have been used. My point is that your own knowledge was enough for you to recognize the nature of the Noseberg Shekelstein, and lampshade, as an epithet.
          um because I never heard of "Noseberg Shekelstein" before, so I had to look it up. Is that hard to grasp?
          Am I supposed to know every Internet Meme?

Now is the lampshade referring to the Nazi's supposedly using human skin to make lampshades out of? or the Jewish lampshade style hat?

Yes, the milk chugging was a troll used to outrage liberals. And so is lampshade and Noseberg Shekelstein to refer to Jews also a troll.
          How is it a troll? Are you saying Nazis didn't actually make lampshades out of skin, or that they didn't portray Jews as greedy, beaknosed subhumans?

But it is antisemitic. And not surprisingly, racism and antisemitism are often found in the same groups.
          Because antisemetism IS racism

but one thing that we can depend on Christians: not to be offended by use of such memes, while expressing consternation over things like critical race theory influencing Christians, women standing on a podium and teaching to an audience which includes men, government using the hard earned money of citizens for charitable works of mercy, or social justice.
          And again we see you refer to "Christians" as a group you don't belong to.

I think you are just an atheist liberal who wants to pretend to be part of the group (Republicans/Christians) so you can pretend to tear them up from the inside. Because nothing you have posted on this forum gives any indication you are a Christian or a Republican. But that's just my opinion.

Comment

um because I never heard of "Noseberg Shekelstein" before, so I had to look it up. Is that hard to grasp?
            Now is the lampshade referring to the Nazi's supposedly using human skin to make lampshades out of? or the Jewish lampshade style hat?

How is it a troll? Are you saying Nazis didn't actually make lampshades out of skin, or that they didn't portray Jews as greedy, beaknosed subhumans?

I think you are just an atheist liberal who wants to pretend to be part of the group (Republicans/Christians) so you can pretend to tear them up from the inside. Because nothing you have posted on this forum gives any indication you are a Christian or a Republican. But that's just my opinion.
            No, it is not so hard for me to believe that you would need to search google before you could make a moral decision on the Noseberg Shekelstein meme. I think I would describe it as disappointing.

If Christianity is defined by being offended at those listed topics, but not of racist and antisemitic memes, then that version of the Christian faith is radically different than what I hold.

Comment

No, it is not so hard for me to believe that you would need to search google before you could make a moral decision on the Noseberg Shekelstein meme. I think I would describe it as disappointing.

If Christianity is defined by being offended at those listed topics, but not of racist and antisemitic memes, then that version of the Christian faith is radically different than what I hold.
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• An excellent point, they would be unable to make an moral decision on something like Noseberg Shekelstein. Quite a few Christians here are unable to make a moral decision about "Noseberg Shekelstein", which is antisemitic humorous trolling.

But what does that say about Christians like Sparko and Norrinrad? Or by extension, the Tweb community of Christians?

Comment

An excellent point, they would be unable to make an moral decision on something like Noseberg Shekelstein. Quite a few Christians here are unable to make a moral decision about "Noseberg Shekelstein", which is antisemitic humorous trolling.

But what does that say about Christians like Sparko and Norrinrad? Or by extension, the Tweb community of Christians?
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I suggest you look up the Holocaust and then look at the arts and crafts of the extermination camps. Although rare and arguably apocryphal, human skins were used to make lampshades and other everyday objects. So it does carry a special connotation within Jewish antisemitic rhetoric.
                    Seriously, do you go out of your way to find this stuff just so you can have something to be outraged about? Who besides you is making any reference to lampshades made from human epidermis? Or inventing deliberately offensive Jewish names?
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Which is why I asked him in another thread if he had deconverted (which he refused to answer ).
                      Last edited by rogue06; 02-05-2020, 12:44 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Seriously, do you go out of your way to find this stuff just so you can have something to be outraged about? Who besides you is making any reference to lampshades made from human epidermis? Or inventing deliberately offensive Jewish names?
                        Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 02-05-2020, 01:16 PM.
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• I knew someone who had a walking stick made out of human arm/leg bones. And IIRC you can actually buy wallets made out of "human leather" in some parts of the world.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            I knew someone who had a walking stick made out of human arm/leg bones. And IIRC you can actually buy wallets made out of "human leather" in some parts of the world.
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• I just don't understand why he's bringing up this stuff seemingly at random and yelling, "This is offensive!" when nobody else is talking about it.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• I actually took a class on the Holocaust in college that focused at least half the class on anti-semitic rhetoric (both in Christian history and in Germany), and got an A. I have also been to the Holocaust Museum in DC. And the general topic is something I keep an ear to the ground on.

I've never heard of the lampshade thing. Maybe some neo-Nazis do focus on it but it's not as "prominent" as you made it out to be.

I defended you when you insisted that 1488 really is a significant number for white supremacists. It absolutely is. But on this one, I don't think so.
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment