Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Robert Morris (the pervert, not the University)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Morris (the pervert, not the University)

Posting here because it has obvious "law" implications.

Child-molester.

Latest from Julie Roys.

Tons of stuff by Dee at The Wartburg Watch.

Horrifying.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    Posting here because it has obvious "law" implications.

Child-molester.

Latest from Julie Roys.

Tons of stuff by Dee at The Wartburg Watch.

Horrifying.
    NBC 2 days ago:

Gateway Church elder says accepting resignation of pastor in sex abuse scandal was ‘difficult’ decision

And ChristianPost:

Robert Morris scandal: James Robison refutes claims he met with victim's family, knew she was 12

ers for victims and families.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Assuming that NBC report is accurate, the church leadership seems quite eager to simply bury this and move on as quickly as possible.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Girls in ancient Israel could be betrothed or married soon after reaching puberty. This was common in the ANE and was often aligned with the onset of puberty, marking physical readiness for marriage and childbearing.

This might possibly have been one the justifications going through Morris’ mind when he molested her.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Assuming that NBC report is accurate, the church leadership seems quite eager to simply bury this and move on as quickly as possible.
          So long as they crow about the abomination of gayness, we won’t let them.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

Girls in ancient Israel could be betrothed or married soon after reaching puberty. This was common in the ANE and was often aligned with the onset of puberty, marking physical readiness for marriage and childbearing.

This might possibly have been one the justifications going through Morris’ mind when he molested her.
            Due to diet and disease girls tended to reach puberty at an older age back then than they do today.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Due to diet and disease girls tended to reach puberty at an older age back then than they do today.
              In the cases, where they reached puberty early, they were impregnated. The point being that emotional maturity wasn't a moral consideration but the body being ready for childbearing. Life expectancy was much lower in ancient times than it is today, and starting families at a younger age was part of the normative life cycle in societies with shorter average lifespans.

It’s anachronistic to assume the culture considered the scared girl’s feelings and pain.

Again, this would be one of the rationalizations of pastors and priests use who violate children.

Comment

In the cases, where they reached puberty early, they were impregnated. The point being that emotional maturity wasn't a moral consideration but the body being ready for childbearing. Life expectancy was much lower in ancient times than it is today, and starting families at a younger age was part of the normative life cycle in societies with shorter average lifespans.

It’s anachronistic to assume the culture considered the scared girl’s feelings and pain.

Again, this would be one of the rationalizations of pastors and priests use who violate children.
                You have Muslim apologists defending having sex with 9 year old girls because that's Muhammad did.

Comment

I seriously doubt Morris gave that a millisecond of thought --- sometimes people do bad things because they're bad people.
                  Morris claimed to The Christian Post that he had repented, and the father of the girl gave his blessing for Morris to return to ministry.
                  Morris, indeed, returned to ministry, but the family says the father never gave such blessing.

I believe that somebody in ministry who betrays their office that way can be forgiven of their sin, but should never serve in ministry again.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So long as they crow about the abomination of gayness, we won’t let them.

Sexual abuse by somebody in the ministry like this is majorly wrong, regardless of whether the Church has a position against homosexuality.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I seriously doubt Morris gave that a millisecond of thought --- sometimes people do bad things because they're bad people.
                      Morris claimed to The Christian Post that he had repented, and the father of the girl gave his blessing for Morris to return to ministry.
                      Morris, indeed, returned to ministry, but the family says the father never gave such blessing.

I believe that somebody in ministry who betrays their office that way can be forgiven of their sin, but should never serve in ministry again.
                      that.gif

Comment

Sexual abuse by somebody in the ministry like this is majorly wrong, regardless of whether the Church has a position against homosexuality.
                        The problem though is that instead of actually addressing abuse, churches focus on other things. For example, the SBC addressing its abuse issue is exceedingly more important than addressing IVF and women "pastors".

Similar to how addressing sin in the culture is of less importance when the individual condemning it is doing the exact thing they're condemning.

P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
                          The problem though is that instead of actually addressing abuse, churches focus on other things. For example, the SBC addressing its abuse issue is exceedingly more important than addressing IVF and women "pastors".

Similar to how addressing sin in the culture is of less importance when the individual condemning it is doing the exact thing they're condemning.
                          Ya know, I keep hearing stuff like that, but I was actually at the Annual Meeting of the SBC last week, and attended every session.
                          I get back to my hotel room and watch the news and --- wow, what room were THEY in!

Comment

Ya know, I keep hearing stuff like that, but I was actually at the Annual Meeting of the SBC last week, and attended every session.
                            I get back to my hotel room and watch the news and --- wow, what room were THEY in!
                            At the minimum, a database of convicted abusers would have been nice.
                            P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

At the minimum, a database of convicted abusers would have been nice.
                              That was discussed in detail, and, yes, needs to happen. Meanwhile, it's not being ignored in any sense of the word.

Comment