Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

World War Three?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Let them rally. The US can reduce Iran to nothing but a smoking hole in the ground, and they know it. As eager as liberals are to see Trump start a war, I'm certain that the Iranian government will do everything they can to avoid it. There's no upside for them openly fighting the US military.

Comment

• Originally posted by whag View Post
      Iraq was in same position more than a decade ago.
      I don't think there's really that much "sameness" between Iraq and Iran, either now, or a decade ago.

Care to elaborate?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I don't think there's really that much "sameness" between Iraq and Iran, either now, or a decade ago.

Care to elaborate?

Comment

• So, in that ONE aspect, they are the same, regardless of vast differences?

In Iraq, there was ONE dictator leader with absolute authority who answered to nobody.
          In Iran, there's the ONE "supreme leader", but he still has to deal with a government. He does not have operational power to declare or conduct war.

I think that's a huge distinction, and a relevant one.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Dumbass. If anything, Russia will back Iran.
            Of course, Russia already backs Iran, which is why Russia is sure to be celebrating the fact that the Iranian people, who were protesting against their government just a week ago are now uniting in their protests against the U.S. We lose a General Mattis and we replace him with another. Iran is no different. It's not like assassinating Soleimani is going to change much militarily, but from a public relations perspective it didn't do the U.S. a whole lot of good in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Dumbass. If anything, Russia will back Iran.
              Of course, Russia already backs Iran, which is why Russia is sure to be celebrating the fact that the Iranian people, who were protesting against their government just a week ago are now uniting in their protests against the U.S. We lose a General Mattis and we replace him with another. Iran is no different. It's not like assassinating Soleimani is going to change much militarily, but from a strategic, and a public relations perspective, it didn't do the U.S. a whole lot of good in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                Of course, Russia already backs Iran, which is why Russia is sure to be celebrating the fact that the Iranian people, who were protesting against their government just a week ago are now uniting in their protests against the U.S. We lose a General Mattis and we replace him with another. Iran is no different. It's not like assassinating Soleimani is going to change much militarily, but from a public relations perspective it didn't do the U.S. a whole lot of good in my opinion.

Apparently, in Jimmy land, the guy that is responsible for killing somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,500 protestors, months ago, was actually loved by the people he was killing. I sure hope that insanity sounded better in your head, than saying it out loud.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Of course, Russia already backs Iran, which is why Russia is sure to be celebrating the fact that the Iranian people, who were protesting against their government just a week ago are now uniting in their protests against the U.S. We lose a General Mattis and we replace him with another. Iran is no different. It's not like assassinating Soleimani is going to change much militarily, but from a strategic, and a public relations perspective, it didn't do the U.S. a whole lot of good in my opinion.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• You're like a broken record, Lilpix, like those politicians who are always asserting that the American people want this, or the American people believe this, as if they speak for all the American people. You have no idea what the average Iranian thinks. But impending war has the usual result of uniting the great majority of the population against the percieved adversary. Btw, it's just been reported that tens of missiles have apparently just been launched from Iran against American bases in Iraq.

Comment

You're like a broken record, Lilpix, like those politicians who are always asserting that the American people want this, or the American people believe this, as if they speak for all the American people. You have no idea what the average Iranian thinks. But impending war has the usual result of uniting the great majority of the population against the percieved adversary. Btw, it's just been reported that tens of missiles have apparently just been launched from Iran against American bases in Iraq.
                      Tens??
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

You're like a broken record, Lilpix, like those politicians who are always asserting that the American people want this, or the American people believe this, as if they speak for all the American people. You have no idea what the average Iranian thinks. But impending war has the usual result of uniting the great majority of the population against the percieved adversary. Btw, it's just been reported that tens of missiles have apparently just been launched from Iran against American bases in Iraq.
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post

You truly are brainwashed, by your CNN pals...
                          The hotel I'm in here in Houston has their TVs come on by default on CNN. And the remote is broken.

I've been watching a couple hours of CNN, and now I'm convinced Trump needs to be impeached, and Trump is a moron for killing that nice diplomat who was in Iraq on a mission of peace.

Comment

• Ok. Now that the rocket attack is confirmed your response is...?

Comment

• So Iran launching over a dozen missiles at two American air-bases in Iraq isn't an act of war? Of course it is. Now we'll see if cooler heads prevail, or if Trump escalates the situation.

A second wave of missles have been launched and so far 13 Americans are reported to have been killed.
                              Last edited by JimL; 01-07-2020, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                                A second wave of missles have been launched and so far 13 Americans are reported to have been killed.
                                Why do you sound so happy about it?
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment