Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harvey Weinstein: Another Good Liberal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    They tried to kill the Trump story, too, though, right?
    And the New York Times

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      wow.

Although I do wonder how many of these accusations are real and how many are just the normal liberal dog pile like we saw with Trump and all the women who came out of the woodwork to accuse him but then disappeared just as suddenly.

Why didn't any of these women come forward before? Apparently this was an open "secret" in Hollywood.

ps - does that mean SHE is actually responsible since she designs the clothes that get women raped?
      Weinstein was in effect the king of Hollywood. He could in effect make or break a career.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Weinstein was in effect the king of Hollywood. He could in effect make or break a career.
        Yeah, and more specifically, he was a...

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Hollywood sleazebag that they all worshiped because he was a kingmaker and a queenmaker....
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

They tried to kill the Trump story, too, though, right?
          Nah, the rule for Trump stories was print now, quietly retract later.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Yeah, and more specifically, he was a...
            Yeah, and...
            Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Apparently he has been thanked by Oscar winners far more than anyone else including God.

Comment

Yeah I just don't get it. If he is so powerful why can't he do anything now? And if they could stop him now, why not before?

Also as previously shown, he really didn't have many blockbusters. Most of his movies were second rate.

Comment

Yeah I just don't get it. If he is so powerful why can't he do anything now? And if they could stop him now, why not before?

Also as previously shown, he really didn't have many blockbusters. Most of his movies were second rate.
                That goes back to my question of after sitting on this story for 13 years why did the New York Times decided to release it now.

Comment

wow.

Although I do wonder how many of these accusations are real and how many are just the normal liberal dog pile like we saw with Trump and all the women who came out of the woodwork to accuse him but then disappeared just as suddenly.

Why didn't any of these women come forward before? Apparently this was an open "secret" in Hollywood.

ps - does that mean SHE is actually responsible since she designs the clothes that get women raped?
                  I would say in the case of Weinstein, women were afraid to come forward because it would end their careers. Weinstein held a tremendous amount of power in Hollywood and could end a career with a snap of his fingers.

Comment

That goes back to my question of after sitting on this story for 13 years why did the New York Times decided to release it now.
                    probably needed to reset the news cycle to draw attention away from something that was making Trump look good.

Comment

He didn't make a lot of great movies, but he made a lot of careers, and more importantly, he made a lot of money. A film doesn't have to be a blockbuster to turn a healthy profit, especially if you do the accounting right

As for why people are suddenly coming out now, who knows. Maybe it's like Megyn Kelly accusing her former boss: she didn't feel sufficiently powerful enough to challenge him until her career was established.

Comment

That's not really the case. Most of his movies are award buzz type films, which don't typically translate to "blockbuster", because, unlike me, most people would rather watch the next Michael Bay fluff than sit through a 3 hour French melodrama. His films almost certainly are considered first rate in the biz.

Comment

• Rumor is that Harvey's brother Bob is behind the release of the story at this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                            That's not really the case. Most of his movies are award buzz type films, which don't typically translate to "blockbuster", because, unlike me, most people would rather watch the next Michael Bay fluff than sit through a 3 hour French melodrama. His films almost certainly are considered first rate in the biz.
                            That, and most actors don't get their start in blockbuster fluff. Do a great job in something smallish that plays well at a film festival, get noticed by the blockbuster producers.
                            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              That, and most actors don't get their start in blockbuster fluff. Do a great job in something smallish that plays well at a film festival, get noticed by the blockbuster producers.
                              but apparently a bunch of established actresses which whom he could not ruin their career now still never spoke up until this went public.

Comment

but apparently a bunch of established actresses which whom he could not ruin their career now still never spoke up until this went public.
                                Apparently he had sufficient pull to make things difficult for even established actresses who rebuffed his advances.
                                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment