Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hunter Biden: Guilty on all charges.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post

I wonder why they haven't made fools of themselves, and of you yet, and impeached him for all that mountain of evidence.
    Dog and pony show for their naive and ignorant constituency of whom they obviously take for easily led fools.
    The same reason that Hur said he would not press for prosecuting old Joe for his crimes. He's too old and enfeebled. Even though he's guilty as sin, for too many people it will come across as picking on someone incapable of defending himself as he continues his rapid spiraling down into deeper levels of doddage.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post

Prosecution for falsifying business records in and of itself? Quite often actually!
      The felony version, not the misdemeanor one.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        The same reason that Hur said he would not press for prosecuting old Joe for his crimes. He's too old and enfeebled. Even though he's guilty as sin, for too many people it will come across as picking on someone incapable of defending himself as he continues his rapid spiraling down into deeper levels of doddage.
        Hur's report, as previously detailed, actually goes on to say that the evidence collected didn't rise to the level of establishing guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. His opinionated swipe at Biden was a sop to folks like you.

-Sam
        "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

It's real and was independently confirmed by associates of Hunter Biden and by the House Oversight Committee. We also know that the Biden crime family uses dozens of shell companies to obscure the source of their wealth.
          Still waiting for someone in the MSM to ask Hunter or old Joe what exactly did Russia, China, Ukraine, Kazakhstan ... get in return for the tens of millions of dollars that Hunter got paid, and the money from which vanished into a number of phony shell companies with no other purpose than to launder money. I mean those folks are not in the habit of shoveling out that sort of money if they aren't getting anything back in exchange. And Hunter even admitted that he knows nothing about the businesses he was put on boards of and given those massive amounts of money for.

So what exactly did these countries get in exchange for those massive payments and why was it necessary to launder those payments?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post

Hur's report, as previously detailed, actually goes on to say that the evidence collected didn't rise to the level of establishing guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. His opinionated swipe at Biden was a sop to folks like you.

-Sam
            Are you OK Sam? You are getting more and more jaded and angry as your continue to post since your return.

Comment

-Sam
              And typically that is what a trial would establish -- whether or not there was sufficient evidence to convict. But old Joe is too far gone to stand trial.

Comment

-Sam
                In fact, Hur's report went to great lengths to paint Joe as a confused old man who the jury would feel sorry for as the primary reason not to press charges.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Are you OK Sam? You are getting more and more jaded and angry as your continue to post since your return.
                  Lawfare is having the exact opposite effect that it was supposed to have. After the conviction the MSM was chortling that OMB had lost a huge slice of voters as a result but in fact he actually went up in the polls. And raised $200 million in contributions in no time at all.

That must be very frustrating.

Comment

Lawfare is having the exact opposite effect that it was supposed to have. After the conviction the MSM was chortling that OMB had lost a huge slice of voters as a result but in fact he actually went up in the polls. And raised $200 million in contributions in no time at all.

i can hear the network executive now: "Why isn't anybody listening to us!"
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

i can hear the network executive now: "Why isn't anybody listening to us!"
                      They do. But increasingly, like a Russian reading Pravda, they've started assuming what they say is pretty much the opposite of what the truth is. Way too much blatant gaslighting has taken place for it to be any different.

Comment

They are a major news organization that disdainfully dismissed the laptop as not being worth their time to cover.
                        They dismissed it because they were not given a chance to authenticate it. And no one in their right mind would trust Giuliani or the NY Post to authenticate it.

Comment

And typically that is what a trial would establish -- whether or not there was sufficient evidence to convict. But old Joe is too far gone to stand trial.
                          If a prosecutor does not believe there is sufficient evidence to convict, it's highly unethical to bring the case to trial. You're suggesting that Hur, despite understanding that he did not have a case to present that could reasonably result in a conviction, nevertheless should have sought prosecution.

You're just not thinking through what you're sayin'.

-Sam
                          "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

In fact, Hur's report went to great lengths to paint Joe as a confused old man who the jury would feel sorry for as the primary reason not to press charges.
                            It very much did not and you are merely fabricating. The "great lengths" you suggest were, in fact, a very few lines from a very long report.

-Sam

Comment

A past criminal record or the lack of one is something that gets considered during the sentencing phase -- after the trial.
                              The prosecutor decides whether it is worth bringing a case to trial or not and in such cases as this the determining factor is the perps. past criminal record if any.

Hunter Biden had no criminal past and so if it were not for the political pressure that republicans put on the Trump appointed prosecutor it's highly unlikely this case would ever have gone to court.

Hunter would have gotten the same deal that the prosecutor originally made with Hunter, which is the norm, until the republicans for strictly political reasons put the pressure on.

Comment

It's funny, I remember how all you MAGAmen were all so confident that Trump was going to crush Biden in the last election. You were going to win so much, Trump told you, that you wouldn't be able to handle it.

​​​​​How's that working out for you? I hope you're ready this time for another big let down, not for democracy and the country, but for you of the MAGA cult.

Comment