Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mr. Trump and the Military

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    I have made no secret of the fact that I am not a Trump supporter. Indeed, it goes far beyond that; I consider Trump an existential risk to our country. ........................................
    You don't seem to be alone with that thought.
    Having read the thoughts of a US defence employee on this thread, and those of CP's big-birds, I wondered how general officers have commented on Trump's leadership.
    This was the first response past my enquiry......................:-

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

America’s Top Generals: Donald Trump is “Dangerous” and “Unfit” to Be Commander-in-Chief

OCTOBER 9, 2023

As Donald Trump tries to rewrite his record on the world stage, here’s a reminder that our military’s top brass – including those who served under Trump – have condemned the disgraced former president’s reckless behavior on the world stage and slammed his dangerous foreign policy agenda.

Former Joint Chiefs Chairman General Mark Milley – who Trump recently suggested be executed – has called Trump a threat to democracy and the institution of the military.

The Atlantic: “Trump Floats the Idea of Executing Joint Chiefs Chairman Milley”

Milley: “As much as these comments are directed at me, it’s also directed at the institution of the military, and there’s 2.1 million of us in uniform. And the American people can take it to the bank that all of us, every single one of us, from private to general, were loyal to that constitution and will never turn our back on it no matter what.”

The Guardian: “Mark Milley: Retiring General Appears To Call Trump ‘Wannabe Dictator’”

CNN: “‘They’re Not Going To F**king Succeed’: Top Generals Feared Trump Would Attempt A Coup After Election, According To New Book”

CNN: “Two days after the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, President Donald Trump’s top military adviser, Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley, single-handedly took secret action to limit Trump from potentially ordering a dangerous military strike or launching nuclear weapons, according to ‘Peril,’ a new book by legendary journalist Bob Woodward and veteran Washington Post reporter Robert Costa.”

Trump’s own former Defense Secretary James Mattis resigned during Trump’s tenure and slammed Trump as “dangerous,” “unfit,” and a threat to the Constitution.

New York Times: “Jim Mattis, Defense Secretary, Resigns In Rebuke Of Trump’s Worldview.”

The Atlantic: “James Mattis Denounces President Trump, Describes Him As A Threat To The Constitution”

Insider: “’Dangerous,’ ‘Unfit,’ And ‘Felony Stupid’: The Most Revealing Quotes From Jim Mattis On Trump’s Presidency In Bob Woodward’s Bombshell Book”

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      OMB's remark about how "I like people who weren't captured" was tasteless at a bare minimum and help cement his reputation of being a rude and crude lout.

Of course McCain went on to hold a grudge and took it out on the entire country. For many years he claimed that if given a chance he'd repeal Obamacare. Again and again he repeated this. But when finally given a chance, when his vote would literally be the deciding vote, McCain revealed himself to be a two-faced liar. He refused to do what he said he'd do. Why? Spite. He didn't want OMB to be the one who got it repealed. So he took his bitterness out on the country. One of his last official acts before his death.

While he might have been a war hero, he certainly died a loser.
      McCain was a two-faced vindictive turd. Yes, he was a war hero and Trump should not have been such an ass as to choose pretty much the only laudable thing about the little knob to denigrate.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post
        Wow, so a half colonel and two old ones provide your reassurance that Trumpy is some kind of military guru?
        Wow, way for somebody who doesn't even live in the US to misconstrue an anecdote !

I expect that military leaders absolutely adored the rising Adolf Hitler........do wake up!
        Yeah, um..... nobody said these guys "adored" Trump.

Look, you're going to find out all about Mr Trump during the next few years.
        As POTUS?!?!?!?!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

America’s Top Generals: Donald Trump is “Dangerous” and “Unfit” to Be Commander-in-Chief
          WOW, "America's Top Generals"..... sounds like a really broad consensus, but then only TWO examples.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Thankyou for that rightist rant, it reminds me of how bent all your minds are.

Trump's comment was as sick as he is.
            I've never been a fan of McCain, but recognize his service to our country. Being the son of an Admiral his captors offered to release him but he refused to go and leave everyone else. As a result he was brutally tortured.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You don't seem to be alone with that thought.
              Having read the thoughts of a US defence employee on this thread, and those of CP's big-birds, I wondered how general officers have commented on Trump's leadership.
              This was the first response past my enquiry......................:-

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OCTOBER 9, 2023

As Donald Trump tries to rewrite his record on the world stage, here’s a reminder that our military’s top brass – including those who served under Trump – have condemned the disgraced former president’s reckless behavior on the world stage and slammed his dangerous foreign policy agenda.

Former Joint Chiefs Chairman General Mark Milley – who Trump recently suggested be executed – has called Trump a threat to democracy and the institution of the military.

The Atlantic: “Trump Floats the Idea of Executing Joint Chiefs Chairman Milley”

Milley: “As much as these comments are directed at me, it’s also directed at the institution of the military, and there’s 2.1 million of us in uniform. And the American people can take it to the bank that all of us, every single one of us, from private to general, were loyal to that constitution and will never turn our back on it no matter what.”

The Guardian: “Mark Milley: Retiring General Appears To Call Trump ‘Wannabe Dictator’”

CNN: “‘They’re Not Going To F**king Succeed’: Top Generals Feared Trump Would Attempt A Coup After Election, According To New Book”

CNN: “Two days after the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, President Donald Trump’s top military adviser, Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley, single-handedly took secret action to limit Trump from potentially ordering a dangerous military strike or launching nuclear weapons, according to ‘Peril,’ a new book by legendary journalist Bob Woodward and veteran Washington Post reporter Robert Costa.”

Trump’s own former Defense Secretary James Mattis resigned during Trump’s tenure and slammed Trump as “dangerous,” “unfit,” and a threat to the Constitution.

New York Times: “Jim Mattis, Defense Secretary, Resigns In Rebuke Of Trump’s Worldview.”

The Atlantic: “James Mattis Denounces President Trump, Describes Him As A Threat To The Constitution”

Insider: “’Dangerous,’ ‘Unfit,’ And ‘Felony Stupid’: The Most Revealing Quotes From Jim Mattis On Trump’s Presidency In Bob Woodward’s Bombshell Book”
              Given that Milley was secretly communicating with his friends the Chicoms to reassure them that he'll stop Trump, questions about treason will naturally arise.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Given that Milley was secretly communicating with his friends the Chicoms to reassure them that he'll stop Trump, questions about treason will naturally arise.
                It was treason...
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

WOW, "America's Top Generals"..... sounds like a really broad consensus, but then only TWO examples.
                  So you can't count.
                  Anyway, as it was posted I limited the number of examples for brevity.

Comment

I've never been a fan of McCain, but recognize his service to our country. Being the son of an Admiral his captors offered to release him but he refused to go and leave everyone else. As a result he was brutally tortured.
                    What would you have done, scurried off home?

Comment

I'm reminded of what happened after Hitler's absolute control was assured, all of Germany's Communist and Liberal politicians (present) were rounded up, impertinent journalists disappeared, many military leaders were imprisoned.
                      It would probably be a very good idea for many people in the US to be thinking about their futures during these times............

Comment

I'm reminded of what happened after Hitler's absolute control was assured, all of Germany's Communist and Liberal politicians (present) were rounded up, impertinent journalists disappeared, many military leaders were imprisoned.
                        It would probably be a very good idea for many people in the US to be thinking about their futures during these times............
                        So... kind of like what happens under the Democrats.

Old Joe goes after political opponents. The Obamessiah went after anyone in the media who crossed him with a fury that OMB could only dream of. He literally sicced the IRS on someone who had the temerity to break a story that he wanted to be the first to announce. Whereas OMB banned a reporter from White House press conferences, Obama banned an entire network from covering anything involving the Executive branch. They were banned from Pentagon, State Department, Justice Department... briefings.

Comment

So... kind of like what happens under the Democrats.

Old Joe goes after political opponents. The Obamessiah went after anyone in the media who crossed him with a fury that OMB could only dream of. He literally sicced the IRS on someone who had the temerity to break a story that he wanted to be the first to announce. Whereas OMB banned a reporter from White House press conferences, Obama banned an entire network from covering anything involving the Executive branch. They were banned from Pentagon, State Department, Justice Department... briefings.
                          You poor thing, rogue. I mention how Hitler killed off opposition and you start ranting about Obama and Biden policies.

I notice that Hunter Biden is being tried on a Felony charge at this time, do you think that the Biden authorities have set that up as well?

Stop being so demented......when you discuss EVs etc you can be so reasonable and sensible.
                          ​​​​

Comment

You poor thing, rogue. I mention how Hitler killed off opposition and you start ranting about Obama and Biden policies.
                            Meanwhile, in the real world, you wrote about rounding up and imprisoning not killing off.

I notice that Hunter Biden is being tried on a Felony charge at this time, do you think that the Biden authorities have set that up as well?
                            No. They tried to give him an unheard of sweetheart deal that wouldn't have even been a slap on the wrist and would effectively make him immune from prosecution for anything else that might come up, but the judge noticed this and called them out on it forcing the change.

Stop being so demented......when you discuss EVs etc you can be so reasonable and sensible.​​​​
                            And you seem reasonable when you talk about your birds.

Comment

Stop being so demented......when you discuss EVs etc you can be so reasonable and sensible.
                              ​​​​
                              Much like the Trump trial, we all know what the verdict will be. The prosecution completely slow walked even charging him.
                              P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Meanwhile, in the real world, you wrote about rounding up and imprisoning not killing off.
                                You must be thick if you don't think that Hitler was killing off all opposition in Germany
                                No. They tried to give him an unheard of sweetheart deal that wouldn't have even been a slap on the wrist and would effectively make him immune from prosecution for anything else that might come up, but the judge noticed this and called them out on it forcing the change.
                                Thankyou! So you admit that Biden does not control the justice system. That system is what has convicted your idol.

Comment